Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Metal Gear

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 264 votes, 4.92 average.
Unread 03-18-2005, 01:05 PM   #361
King Tiger
Ouch!

go with either

Unread 03-18-2005, 02:56 PM   #362
Demri
Bunny Hugger! ^_^

Welcome back, King Tiger! Glad to know you made it back safe and sound! ^_^ Hehe, I want lizard hips! <poutpout> But anywho, yeah, glad you're back and that life is good and that now you can work more on cosplay! hehe
Unread 03-18-2005, 03:21 PM   #363
The Solid Snake
Finally Got WebCam

ya i 4got 2 say that earleir, but welcome back man
Unread 03-18-2005, 11:59 PM   #364
Pliskin
Fortune Hunter

well, the local surplus store FINALLY got my BDU tigerstripe shirt in, so I took one of my Underarmour shirts (wrong color, black tight-fitting mock turtleneck is on the agenda when I get my paycheck) and threw the whole shabang together sans my rapelling harness type setup. I don't have the suspenders adjusted correctly, and the pouches aren't actually clipped into the belt, but you get the idea.

I actually decided to just use a normal suspender, even if it isn't right, its gonna make carrying the crapload of stuff my g/f is going to cram into my various pouches less of a chore at the con.

No bandana or eyepatch and I don't have a lot of the smaller pouches, knife sheaths, etc. but its at a point where it atleast looks decent. Anyway here it is.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=296117

I'll try some nifty action-type pics in the forest by my house in the next few days.
Pliskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2005, 10:12 AM   #365
King Tiger
Ouch!

Looking backon the pic everyone has, just thought of something: what kinds of boots ya'll going with? I really havn't seen anything on that with all the in game shots.

I know this is off topic: watched about 6 hours worth of Invader Zim last night with a few buddies -we split 3 cases a beer between us- and I have to say i have laughed that hard in a while. hence the changes to my avatar and tagline.

Last edited by King Tiger : 03-19-2005 at 11:04 AM.
King Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2005, 10:27 AM   #366
Pliskin
Fortune Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tiger
Looking backon the pic everyone has, just thought of something: what kinds of boots ya'll going with? I really havn't seen anything on that with all the in game shots.
I'm too lazy to go out and buy new boots, but the in-game boots he has are jungle boots, with olive drab mesh. There's a big box full of them at my local surplus store going for about $24 a pair, since they're all used.
Pliskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2005, 11:07 AM   #367
King Tiger
Ouch!

Cool, thanks. Figured they were a combat boot, but coloring was the issuse.
Unread 03-19-2005, 04:59 PM   #368
Demri
Bunny Hugger! ^_^

Um, I believe Snake and EVA actually wear the same boots. Hehe, mine were almost $150 with S&H because I needed non-leather ones, but they're right on, except they're black on the sides where they should actually be olive drab. Oh, well. But yeah, I have seen the correct boots for like $30 on surplus store sites, but they have leather sides.

(P.S. I LOVE Invader Zim, too. Gir's my favorite. I have a Gir plushie, two action figures, a patch, and a fleece blankie with him on it. He's the best. ^_^ )
Unread 03-19-2005, 08:44 PM   #369
Demri
Bunny Hugger! ^_^

Okies, sorry 'bout the double post, but I'm just so happy because my EVA's all done! (Minus the Mauser, but that's apparently still not in stock...) Here are some piccies, if anyone would like to take a look. Thanks to everyone who helped me figure out what I needed for the costume! ^_^

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=296356
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=296355
Unread 03-19-2005, 09:02 PM   #370
Cyan Bloodbane
No Time for Heroes

!!!!!

*The exclamtion point appears over My head*

Damn! That is ueber awesome! Way to go Demri!

.....Anyhoo, now onto the original reason I needed to post here.....

All right, I'm afraid this question is rather embarrassing....as a matter of fact, I'm going to post the text in white (just scroll over it after clicking).
This a a question I need help with from the guys.....I'm working off the honor system here, so I'm going to ask the girls here on this thread politley to please NOT read it....like I said, it's kind embarassing...ok...Here we go....

ok, I just finished working on the straps for the lower, and upper part of the body. Mostly getting them to fit snuggly, and not look all loose. I got the ones on the pants to look really good too...I've come across a really embarassing snag though. Becuase the straps are rather snug now, and they run around the bottom of my thighs, it seems that they sort of make my....ahem, Packaging stick out a bit more. Might also be becuase the Military BDU's are designed that way...but in any case, It looks really embarassing....I can't see myself walking around like that. This isn't becuase I'm big in the pants of anything, it's just that the straps are making that part of me jut up, like a chick in a corsette. Anyone know a good way to either pad down, or make the BDU's not do that?

...sorry about the weird question, but I just Cannot walk around as Big Boss, looking like I'm wearing a cod piece....

Last edited by Cyan Bloodbane : 03-19-2005 at 09:05 PM.
Cyan Bloodbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2005, 10:30 PM   #371
Dragoon42
Dragon Rider

Cyan: Happened to me too. Here's what I did to minimize it:
Just put the straps on hen pull down on the pant legs it reduces the buldge.
Dragoon42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2005, 11:11 PM   #372
Cyan Bloodbane
No Time for Heroes

Thanks dragoon. I tried it. It works really well, except when i sit down, and the pants scrunch up again. But still, it works damn well. Thanks for the tip!

I'll just keep in mind to mess with it a little after sitting. lol

Last edited by Cyan Bloodbane : 03-19-2005 at 11:14 PM.
Unread 03-19-2005, 11:50 PM   #373
King Tiger
Ouch!

you didn't do a test fit huh? what would have been worse is if you hadn't realized this now and wore it to a con.
Unread 03-20-2005, 12:03 AM   #374
Cyan Bloodbane
No Time for Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tiger
you didn't do a test fit huh? what would have been worse is if you hadn't realized this now and wore it to a con.

No Kiddin! lol
Unread 03-20-2005, 12:17 AM   #375
The Solid Snake
Finally Got WebCam

Cyan i know the problem, last eyar i dressed as solid snake from MGS 2 and i had almost the exact same problem.

On another note, Demri, your costume is awesome!

Other thing is the surplus store by my house finally got in the pants 4 my tiger stripe but they still havent got in the jacket, hopefully it comes in soon need ti within another month.