Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Metal Gear

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 364 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 07-04-2004, 08:52 PM   #46
kabuki_ikenie
Super Collider

i`ve finished snake's vest!! ^^

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=157500

heheh... i wanna cosplay him now!

SOS-project coming soon! no, it's not about haruhiism XD

cosplay.com chilean edition: "we're many and we're manly!" :cobracool:
kabuki_ikenie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-07-2004, 05:06 PM   #47
BitterBeing
The REAL Solid Snake, OK?

Well, after cosplaying MGS1 Snake for (nearly) two years, I thought it'd be time to hang up the legendary suit for good, and...

...bringoutthenewone.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto....cat=500&page=1

Ladies and Janitors, I present to you, MGS3 Snake/Big Boss/something.

Look for me at Otakon 2004. ^_~
"What are they doing?" "What?" "I said, what are they doing now?" "God DAMN, I'm getting so sick of answering that question!" "You have the fucking rifle, I can't see shit! Don't bitch at me, because I'm not going to sit around and play with my--" "OK, OK, look, they're just STANDING THERE and TALKING. That's all they're doing. That's all they ever do is just stand there and TALK. That's what they were doing last week, that's what they were doing when you asked me five minutes ago. So five minutes from NOW, when you ask me, "what are they doing?", my answer's gonna be, "They're STILL just talking, and they're STILL just standing there!" "... What are they talking about?" "You know what? ... I fucking hate you." - Red Vs. Blue
BitterBeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2004, 09:24 PM   #48
LancerFoxtrot07
Acecombat Fan For Life

I might get really crazy and go old school Metal Gear. Back when Solid Snake was still with FoxHOUND...and had to deal with the original MG...back when it still fired nuclear missiles, and Snake couldn't find his way through a stupid rainforest.
Unread 07-08-2004, 09:43 PM   #49
Archelon
An Old-Fashioned Cowboy

And the guards feel asleep. XD
Archelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2004, 01:51 AM   #50
LancerFoxtrot07
Acecombat Fan For Life

*walks up with two frames of animation, punches guard 3 times, then he disappears*

I'll probably end up using the boxart from the original as my reference work. My only concern is that not everyone would recognize the younger snake. He doesn't have a bandanna, so I'll have to use a FoxHOUND patch.

Way back when...Snake carried:
Cigs.
A box.
Beretta M92F
Ingram Mac11
Rations

And something like, 8 or 9 keycards.
Unread 07-09-2004, 11:46 AM   #51
BitterBeing

You don't have to use the box-art as a referance. The "Pliskin" variation of Snake from MGS2 is actually the classic Snake outfit.
"What are they doing?" "What?" "I said, what are they doing now?" "God DAMN, I'm getting so sick of answering that question!" "You have the fucking rifle, I can't see shit! Don't bitch at me, because I'm not going to sit around and play with my--" "OK, OK, look, they're just STANDING THERE and TALKING. That's all they're doing. That's all they ever do is just stand there and TALK. That's what they were doing last week, that's what they were doing when you asked me five minutes ago. So five minutes from NOW, when you ask me, "what are they doing?", my answer's gonna be, "They're STILL just talking, and they're STILL just standing there!" "... What are they talking about?" "You know what? ... I fucking hate you." - Red Vs. Blue
Unread 07-09-2004, 12:37 PM   #52
LancerFoxtrot07
Acecombat Fan For Life

I'll stick with the art. Snake has shorter hair, a more streamlined headset, no facial hair...almost an entirely different person. It'll be less likely that I'll be mistaken for Iroquois Pliskin.

http://junkerhq.net/MetalGearScans/MGMSXEUR/Front.jpg

Granted that the box art has striking resemblance to a photo of Kyle Reese from the first Terminator flick...but hey, if that's what they used on the box art, I may aim at it.
Unread 07-09-2004, 04:52 PM   #53
BitterBeing

In that case, go to it. I'll be excited to see what you come up with.
Unread 07-23-2004, 03:29 AM   #54
E1000BASE-TX
Solid Snake

For Sakuracon 2005 im going as Solid Snake or should I say David form MGS2. http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=37971 This is how i am on bilding this thing.
Unread 07-24-2004, 04:01 PM   #55
Cherry

Quote:
Originally Posted by E1000BASE-TX
For Sakuracon 2005 im going as Solid Snake or should I say David form MGS2. http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=37971 This is how i am on bilding this thing.
Look's like it'll be good. All store bought, which is alright. Hopefully you won't break the bank too much on that one.

I'm in midst of hand sewing my Snake Eater costume. Got a biiiiiig snake toy I get to carry around that has a chunk taken out of it. X3 Tee. I'm a dork.
Unread 07-25-2004, 05:32 AM   #56
E1000BASE-TX
Solid Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry
Look's like it'll be good. All store bought, which is alright. Hopefully you won't break the bank too much on that one.

I'm in midst of hand sewing my Snake Eater costume. Got a biiiiiig snake toy I get to carry around that has a chunk taken out of it. X3 Tee. I'm a dork.
If it works im happy.
Unread 08-30-2004, 07:42 PM   #57
foxhound
Lions Share.

me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper715
I'm working on a uniform of one of the 'spetsnaz' soldiers from Metal Gear Solid 2. I have the correct camo, boots, and helmet; main thing I'm missing is the load bearing equipment (currently mix and matching spare equipment to get an approximation), and the facemask (did a shoddy modifying job to get something that kinda works). Oh, and a prop weapon, but that's not too important since the one I'm eyeing probably wouldn't be allowed at most places anyhow.

Still wating for a few remaining items to be shipped over to my house.
im working on that myself where do i finf the mask and the helmet and the gun prop
Unread 08-30-2004, 07:50 PM   #58
foxhound
Lions Share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archelon
I want to do a Ninja cosplay sometime.
im still plannig out how im going to make the skull siut for the ninja i can make raidens so im not sure why im having such a hard time planing this out im going to need alot of rubber
Unread 08-30-2004, 09:32 PM   #59
daguru
(SebastiAn Remix)

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxhound
im still plannig out how im going to make the skull siut for the ninja i can make raidens so im not sure why im having such a hard time planing this out im going to need alot of rubber
*shudder*
I wouldn't suggest rubber. I recomend using a very stretchy material like Spandex or a wet suit.
daguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2004, 04:14 PM   #60
foxhound
Lions Share.

well a wet suit would'nt give it that same look i dont care how much i sweat i want to make the best ninja cosplay yet ,im modeling the armor after pictures from the mcfarlane mgs toy and when i do finish ill be sure to post it here