Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Metal Gear

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 259 votes, 4.92 average.
Unread 06-14-2010, 12:41 AM   #6361
~H~
Original H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissay-face View Post
I finished Emma today.~

My ID looks ridiculous. I love it.
Totally a-DORK-able (which means I like it ^_-). Got any pics with the parrot?
~H~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-14-2010, 01:19 AM   #6362
Krissay-face
Managed to avoid drowning

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~H~ View Post
Totally a-DORK-able (which means I like it ^_-). Got any pics with the parrot?
Pfft. Thanks! :P
And not yet. It was so humid today, I just snapped a quick picture and went to cool off!
I totally forgot about my poor parrot.
AnimeNEXT is this weekend. Com next Monday, I'm sure I'll have plenty, haha.
/And shots with my brother's Otacon! Yessss.
Sugar Mountain - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Krissay-face is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2010, 04:07 AM   #6363
precious
snake eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuxieChan View Post
I believe they got you on facebook. XD

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...d=285152375985
Oh, thanks for the heads up!

The signing was really fun, and the cosplay turn out was amazing.
Unread 06-14-2010, 06:51 AM   #6364
KnuxieChan
Thunderbolt's Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by precious View Post
Oh, thanks for the heads up!

The signing was really fun, and the cosplay turn out was amazing.
I am so envious. ;___;
Major Raikov (Metal Gear Solid 3)
Kazuhira Miller (Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker)
Joltik (Pokémon Hoodie)
Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil 4)
Marik Ishtar (YGOTAS)

----------------------
KnuxieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2010, 12:45 PM   #6365
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ne0ven0m View Post
BTW, how did you attach the transmitter box and CQC knife to your harness? I've got some industrial strength velcro that I haven't tested out yet.
Industrial strength velcro works great with what we made the box and knife out of. They've never fallen off. The sticky-back velcro sticks right to the harness and is even re-positionable until you press it down really hard. Having them velcro on and off makes it so that I can fold up the harness without worrying about damaging them. Also, I can take the knife off and put it on my sneaking suit, which also has velcro.

I'm so jealous of everyone who went to the signing! I went to OMGcon this weekend, and while it was awesome (especially the wonderful audience at the Metal Gear panel), I couldn't help but think about how I was missing the signings. I wouldn't have been able to afford to go anyway, but I probably would have made it happen if I hadn't already committed to working at OMGcon.
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2010, 04:55 PM   #6366
uninsomnia
everybody lies.

In a small break from the craziness of packing to move across the country, I got work done on my Amanda costume! My mom gave me the funniest look when I asked if I could borrow a cigarette to do a small shoot, haha.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2589725/

A few more pictures are up in my gallery if anyone's interested. 8D;

Also, hope you guys had an awesome time at the signing. All the cosplay that I saw from it looked amazing. Am jealousss~
uninsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2010, 09:45 PM   #6367
Gearsofhalo
The Rain Transformed

hi everyone! I just want to say it is an inspiration to see all of your costumes!!!:

I am doing A Big Boss Costume from Peace Walker, and i want to make a sneak suit....What do you think i should make it out of?! A wetsuit looked kinda good, or mabe a zentai suit? idk.....PLEASE help....I don't really like the camo snake, i like the sneak suit.....any advice would be great!
Gearsofhalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2010, 12:25 AM   #6368
~H~
Original H

Quote:
Originally Posted by uninsomnia View Post
In a small break from the craziness of packing to move across the country, I got work done on my Amanda costume! My mom gave me the funniest look when I asked if I could borrow a cigarette to do a small shoot, haha.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2589725/
Nice work! Your eyes are awesome *_*.
~H~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2010, 08:06 PM   #6369
hero200x

MGS4 Rat Patrol Cosplay

Hello everyone. I've never done cosplay, but several of my friends do, so it's always been fascinating to me. Looked at a lot of the stuff on this site recently, and it's pretty great. At any rate, my friends want to go do an MGS4 themed photoshoot soon, specifically based on the RAT Patrol group. Seeing as how I'm an airsoft player, they figured I'd be the go to person for their tactical gear and prop weapons needs. I'm not like a hardcore airsoft player, only casual, so looking for the RAT Patrol gear loadouts has been a challenge.

I've got most the of guns already, plus some other minor gears (holsters, pistol pouches, etc.), and I've also hunted down the exact plate carrier vests for each of the RAT patrol members; took me about 2 hours. Actually, the only real thing that's giving me a hard time is Meryl's chest holster, the other two pistol holsters she carries, and the proper gloves for all of them. If anyone could point me in the right direction or if anyone has any resource links to do a proper RAT Patrol loadout, that'd be awesome. Thanks ahead of time!

Cheers
hero200x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2010, 11:04 PM   #6370
new_ike
acting with impunity, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero200x View Post
[b] hello i can't be bothered to search the thread because it's bloated
Not to pick on you or anything, but it's true. So many of the same questions over and over and over.
Unread 06-15-2010, 11:56 PM   #6371
Trumby
Greed-o

@hero200x
I'll answer what I can..

Gloves: hatch operator in OD. You'll want the long ones, not the shorties.
Meryl actually only has 2 holsters, the chest one and a quick draw holster on her left side. I can't remember what the quick draw one is called. I've been trying to find stuff for a friend of mine and I can't find anything that looks like the correct chest holster.

She is just wearing a drop leg platform with what looks to me like M4 pouches on the bottom and some type of pistol mag pouches on her right side.

If you need any other specifics, at least for Meryl or Johnny I can probably help as I've been doing a lot of research on those two trying to get them as correct as I can.

Also FFFF I want to play Peacewalker but don't own a psp..I want a game back on ps3. Now with Rising supposedly being on xbox360, this is super annoying because I don't have one of those either
Trumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2010, 09:32 AM   #6372
hero200x

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_ike View Post
Not to pick on you or anything, but it's true. So many of the same questions over and over and over.
I perused the thread actually, for at least an hour sifting random pages around the date MGS4 came out. Came up empty handed though, from the pages I was looking at

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumby View Post
Gloves: hatch operator in OD. You'll want the long ones, not the shorties.
Meryl actually only has 2 holsters, the chest one and a quick draw holster on her left side. I can't remember what the quick draw one is called. I've been trying to find stuff for a friend of mine and I can't find anything that looks like the correct chest holster.
Brilliant, thanks for the tip on the gloves. Turns out I have a drop-leg holster similar to what Meryl and all the other guys are using. But as far as that chest holster, still MIA on my end as well. I've seen other horizontal chest mounted MOLLE pistol holsters, but they don't look anything like what Meryl's using. I also thought she had another type of holster on her other leg from a photo render I saw. Guess not!

Quote:
If you need any other specifics, at least for Meryl or Johnny I can probably help as I've been doing a lot of research on those two trying to get them as correct as I can.
What are you using for the slate greyish body armor underneath all the tactical gear? My friends didn't ask me for that, but I figure I might as well give them a tip since you've pretty much got a one up on this.

Last edited by hero200x : 06-16-2010 at 09:38 AM.
hero200x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2010, 01:59 PM   #6373
KnuxieChan
Thunderbolt's Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumby View Post
Also FFFF I want to play Peacewalker but don't own a psp..I want a game back on ps3. Now with Rising supposedly being on xbox360, this is super annoying because I don't have one of those either
Rising's actually supposed to be on the Xbox 360, PS3, and the PC, I believe.

You should totally get a PSP though. While the story in Portable Ops is eh, the game play is fun. And Peace Walker is unf. Totally makes me wanna cosplay Miller.
Major Raikov (Metal Gear Solid 3)
Kazuhira Miller (Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker)
Joltik (Pokémon Hoodie)
Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil 4)
Marik Ishtar (YGOTAS)

----------------------
KnuxieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2010, 02:31 PM   #6374
ne0ven0m
Dr. Feelgood

Looking pretty awesome. Wikipedia also says it's supposed to be for PS3 and PC as well, not just 360.

And this guy has some info on Johnny's outfit from MGS4: http://crumaharashop.com/?page_id=304

2014 Plans: Winter Soldier mashup, Deathstroke, Deadpool/Adventure Time mash-up, TBD

My Blog:http://ne0ven0m.wordpress.com/
ne0ven0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2010, 08:53 PM   #6375
EXsoldierSNAKE
Sic vis pacem para bellum

Finally got a 2 strap leg holster for Plisskin, and I guess Radio Drama Snake too if I ever put him together. its funny though, I can't help but think that I look like Snake trying to hide out on an episode of Stargate SG-1 when I'm wearing the cross draw vest lol. Man that would be one weird but awesome cross over.

"Old soldiers never die"

Cosplayer and Photographer
EXsoldierSNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote