Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Metal Gear

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 255 votes, 4.92 average.
Unread 02-19-2011, 06:19 PM   #6946
Vexation
make you feel alright.

Wow, Gollum! You do look great! ^^

I did a little bit of work on The Boss today, but not enough to bother updating with, and I also got my ( incorrect D: ) belt in the mail. I'll get a new one after Momocon... pfeh

Also, I have a question for those that have cosplayed Naked Snake / The Boss...

I'm having issues finding all the proper pouches D: Does anyone have a recommendation of an online store to order them? Specifically, it's the larger one they have on the middle of their backs. I think I've found all the others.

March: MOMOCON
pizzazz|jemandtheholograms|, nikki sixx|motleycrue:theaterofpain|, the warden|superjail|, rainbow dash|mlp:fim|
currentproject:
the warden

there's a bullet in the chamber & this is gonna hurt

You're so far in the closet,
you're in Narnia!

Last edited by Vexation : 02-19-2011 at 06:53 PM.
Vexation is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-19-2011, 07:10 PM   #6947
KenjiMango

Since my Kaz finally got her gift, I can shows. It's not too great in quality(i cant sew but i can stitchwitch), but its the thought that counts right?

KenjiMango is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2011, 07:14 PM   #6948
KenjiMango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexation View Post

I'm having issues finding all the proper pouches D: Does anyone have a recommendation of an online store to order them? Specifically, it's the larger one they have on the middle of their backs. I think I've found all the others.

Butt pack? yeah http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000YWACC0
Unread 02-19-2011, 10:45 PM   #6949
MissTeliko
Cat lover

I would kill to do a Metal Gear cosplay, but unfortunately the costumes are beyond my amateur sewing skills and budget -rolls eyes-
MissTeliko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2011, 11:25 PM   #6950
Gollum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexation View Post
Wow, Gollum! You do look great! ^^
Thanks
Unread 02-20-2011, 11:28 AM   #6951
KenjiMango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
Thanks
Really dood, it's awesome.
Unread 02-20-2011, 05:34 PM   #6952
Dadderface
unusually hip-hop

I guess this could be helpful to anyone else looking for them, but here's where I was able to find the M-1956 universals for a decent-ish price http://www.armysurpluswarehouse.com/...pouch-3436.cfm
Dadderface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2011, 07:43 PM   #6953
InkRaven
Heh, that was fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTeliko View Post
I would kill to do a Metal Gear cosplay, but unfortunately the costumes are beyond my amateur sewing skills and budget -rolls eyes-
Which character did you want to do? If you tell me, I can try to help and tell ya what kind of stuff you could make with relative ease.

If you have a sewing machine I'd definitely try to learn how to use it, for me I'm always experimenting with patterns and such. They don't always go perfect the first time but that's what learning is for (and a seam ripper!) I'd also try to see if there's a sewing class at your local library - that's how I got started on my first tiny project, which was a purse (I use it to store my patterns lol).

Current Cosplays
Major Ocelot - Metal Gear Solid 3 | Revolver Ocelot - Metal Gear Solid | RED fem!Spy - Team Fortress 2 | Footie Pajama Commander Shepard - Mass Effect
Cosplay in Progress
Leonardo Da Vinci - Assassins Creed 2 | Major Ocelot(Revamp) - Metal Gear Solid 3
Future Cosplays:
Braig - Kingdom Hearts | Sheik - LoZ (Brawl version)
Retired Cosplays
Colonel Mustard - Clue board game | The Boss - Metal Gear Solid 3 | Xigbar (Normal & Tweedle Dee) - Kingdom Hearts
InkRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2011, 10:58 PM   #6954
Vernedead
Snake

@Gollum:

Wow! that looks pretty good.

I need to get my Octocamo mask made one of these days.

PM me if you are interested in a LED MGS4 "Solid Eye"
Vernedead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 12:55 AM   #6955
Gollum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernedead View Post
@Gollum:

Wow! that looks pretty good.

I need to get my Octocamo mask made one of these days.
Thank you master

I wait to see it
Unread 02-21-2011, 01:34 PM   #6956
InkRaven
Heh, that was fun!

I'm SO HAPPY I got an authentic Russian jodhpur pattern - the same one they used to make the uniforms! *squee!*

Now if I can just figure out what all those Russian annotations say...

Current Cosplays
Major Ocelot - Metal Gear Solid 3 | Revolver Ocelot - Metal Gear Solid | RED fem!Spy - Team Fortress 2 | Footie Pajama Commander Shepard - Mass Effect
Cosplay in Progress
Leonardo Da Vinci - Assassins Creed 2 | Major Ocelot(Revamp) - Metal Gear Solid 3
Future Cosplays:
Braig - Kingdom Hearts | Sheik - LoZ (Brawl version)
Retired Cosplays
Colonel Mustard - Clue board game | The Boss - Metal Gear Solid 3 | Xigbar (Normal & Tweedle Dee) - Kingdom Hearts
InkRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 03:49 PM   #6957
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadderface View Post
I guess this could be helpful to anyone else looking for them, but here's where I was able to find the M-1956 universals for a decent-ish price http://www.armysurpluswarehouse.com/...pouch-3436.cfm
Yup. The exact ones I have. I would have answered too if you hadn't gotten there first.

The radio pouch is a harder thing. I made mine, but before that, I was using a South African dump pouch I got at a surplus store. My husband says the actual pouch looks to be a... I think he said something British.

Also, I have an inaccurate belt too. It's not missing much, but the clasp is wrong, and there are a couple of other small inaccuracies. Misha wants to buy me a better one, but the real correct belts are expensive. More than what I want to spend to fix problems that aren't really a big deal to me.
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!

Last edited by supergeekgirl : 02-21-2011 at 03:53 PM.
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 06:16 PM   #6958
KenjiMango

Argh, Alright, so I really wanna get the little metal holes in my compression shirt. HOW I DO?

Also, anyone know where to get the gloves like these? http://www.otaku-surf.com/wp-content...amtesnake3.jpg
Unread 02-21-2011, 06:57 PM   #6959
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenjiMango View Post
Argh, Alright, so I really wanna get the little metal holes in my compression shirt. HOW I DO?
I can't really help on the gloves because I made mine (and they aren't that good anyway nor the same ones from PW), but for the shirt... grommets.

I realized that you can see it in absolutely ZERO of the pictures of my costume, but I used white grommets for the holes (because that's probably what they are supposed to be anyway). They stay in even on my stretch knit if you use a grommet tool and not the silly things you can buy in a $6 set. You'll be able to find them at craft stores in a few sizes. Use the smallest ones.
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2011, 07:09 PM   #6960
LeonPlisken

I kind of want to bring my Solid Snake and Big Boss gear back out for a con coming up, but all I've got is a molle rig I wear for airsoft... anyone think that might be taking too much of a liberty?
LeonPlisken is offline   Reply With Quote