Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Metal Gear

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 322 votes, 4.94 average.
Unread 08-31-2004, 07:32 PM   #61
Crazy Neko CJ
NEED A DISPENSER HERE?

Wait a minute, I'm not a MG cosplayer, but I'm just wondering, are you guys talking about the CYBORG NINJA or something? Because that would be cool to do a cosplay of!

Completed: Tewi Inaba (Touhou Project), Rorschach (Watchmen), Engineer (Team Fortress 2)
In Mind: Gunbound Character, Mr. Fujimoto (Ponyo), Touhou Cosplay (Dunno what else though), Dante (Devil May Cry)
Cons: Sac-Anime Winter 2010 (Saturday: Engineer, Sunday: Rorschach), San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival (?), Wonder-Con (Rorschach), Sac-Anime Summer 2010

Crazy Neko CJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-02-2004, 01:23 AM   #62
Trooper715
Helljumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxhound
im working on that myself where do i finf the mask and the helmet and the gun prop
Mask - This is a toughie. I just sewed up a one-hole balaclava to give the impression. It only looked good in one out of 6 pictures, but that balaclava wasn't very good in the first place. I've seen motorcycle balaclavas with 2 eye holes that work perfectly, but haven't seen any military ones for sale.

Helmet - They wear either a black Russian Tanker Helmet (not paratrooper, though it looks similar) or a black Sphera style helmet. The sphera helmet is a super rare oddity, but if you could probably rig one up using a modified football helmet or somesuch. Russian Tanker helmets crop up often at E-bay, where you can get them at a pretty good price (usually under $20). If you have a friend who visits russia, you could probably get one with night vision attachements (different from the ones in the game but still similar) for as low as $10. But e-bay would be your best bet. You can also try tridentmilitary.com . They've got a nice stock of stuff, but it's usually overpriced.

Gun prop, you could get a cheap airsoft springer or some toy AK for around $25. It's not accurate, but replicas of the AKS-74U are very hard to come by. Another option is to use a riot shield and pistol which I've seen th MGS2 spetsnaz using. Just having an AK should satisfy most people's photo-op itches though. Just as always, be careful carrying them in public.

Let me know if there's anything else you want to know. I've studied this uniform inside and out.
Unread 09-02-2004, 07:52 PM   #63
foxhound
Lions Share.

thank you for the info thats exactly what i needed
Unread 09-02-2004, 07:56 PM   #64
foxhound
Lions Share.

Exclamation is this good

will this work
Unread 09-02-2004, 08:13 PM   #65
Trooper715
Helljumper

Quote:
Yep, that'll work perfectly. All the headset stuff should slip out of the helmet easily.
Unread 09-02-2004, 09:45 PM   #66
foxhound
Lions Share.

yay,by the way not to be a cridict but the eyes on your trooper costume are HUGE their not susposed to be thar big.
Unread 09-02-2004, 09:46 PM   #67
foxhound
Lions Share.

is thar a word? teehee
Unread 09-02-2004, 09:49 PM   #68
foxhound
Lions Share.

you know what would be cool if i could get a bunch of people to dress up as the same soldiers and follow the people that dress up like solid snake and communicate on radio
Unread 09-05-2004, 09:46 AM   #69
kabuki_ikenie
Super Collider

i finally debuted as Solid for Concomics this year... i got 3rd place ^^... check out my costume gallery!

SOS-project coming soon! no, it's not about haruhiism XD

cosplay.com chilean edition: "we're many and we're manly!" :cobracool:
kabuki_ikenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2004, 08:14 PM   #70
foxhound
Lions Share.

What kind of jacket dose solid snake ware by the way im refering to mgs1/twinsnakes jacket....
Unread 09-06-2004, 12:52 AM   #71
Trooper715
Helljumper

Quote:
yay,by the way not to be a cridict but the eyes on your trooper costume are HUGE their not susposed to be thar big.
Yeah, I know. Those 2-hole facemasks are a pain in the but to find. The closest I can find is a motorcycle mask. There was this one Hellsing cosplayer I saw that had the perfect mask, but I wasn't able to buy it off him. Mine is actually just a one-hold balaclava sewn shut at the middle.
Unread 09-07-2004, 05:56 PM   #72
foxhound
Lions Share.

Talking well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper715
Yeah, I know. Those 2-hole facemasks are a pain in the but to find. The closest I can find is a motorcycle mask. There was this one Hellsing cosplayer I saw that had the perfect mask, but I wasn't able to buy it off him. Mine is actually just a one-hold balaclava sewn shut at the middle.
well you know what they say when i doubt modify
Unread 09-10-2004, 12:28 AM   #73
E1000BASE-TX
Solid Snake

Quote:
What kind of jacket dose solid snake ware by the way im refering to mgs1/twinsnakes jacket....
I would use a Flack Vest.
Try Ebay by looking for body armor.
Unread 09-10-2004, 01:04 AM   #74
thebebop
confused fanatic

Quote:
you know what would be cool if i could get a bunch of people to dress up as the same soldiers and follow the people that dress up like solid snake and communicate on radio
I would so totally do that, you have to let me know if you and anyone ever plan on doing that! O man thatd be so much fun, just get walkie talkies or headsets, and just like strategically move around together following random snake characters! Youd have to get someone to like mount a video camera on their shoulder so you can tape it as you follow them! haha thatd be great
thebebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2004, 04:46 PM   #75
Vicious2003
May the wind be with you

yeah it would be cool if i could get a bunch of people to dress up as the same soldiers,
I got a Gurlukovich Soldier costume but i also have a raiden costume
Vicious2003 is offline   Reply With Quote