Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Metal Gear

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 254 votes, 4.92 average.
Unread 03-24-2012, 07:34 PM   #7666
beema

Awesome job on the coat kd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMarshall View Post
Well, a good bit of them kept saying that I was a terrible Pliskin and my gear was bad and my boots were wrong and blah de blah de blah. Then they all said they wanted to "bang" that hot Meryl.

Well, fuck nuggets, that hot Meryl is my wife. So I must be doing something right, eh?
hahaha
good way to look at it
beema is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-26-2012, 04:09 PM   #7667
kdthompson
Will Work for Cosplay

Thanks beema; hopefully I'll have something more interesting to show you guys later in the summer.

Check out my My Web Page and My dA Page
kdthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 06:19 PM   #7668
RoninEclipse2G
Hope rides ALONE!

Quote:
Well, fuck nuggets, that hot Meryl is my wife. So I must be doing something right, eh?
Exactly
RoninEclipse2G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2012, 09:02 PM   #7669
LLiekCake
King of Tick-Tock Town

Well, I just ordered my new wig a little while ago~
Eeeheehee, so excited!
LLiekCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 10:31 AM   #7670
InkRaven
Heh, that was fun!

Had a good time at AB! For those of you that went, I was able to make it to the photoshoot Friday as Young Ocelot but was unable to make it Saturday due to costume difficulties with my Revolver Ocelot cosplay.

This particular image is probably my favorite one so far...

Current Cosplays
Major Ocelot - Metal Gear Solid 3 | Revolver Ocelot - Metal Gear Solid | RED fem!Spy - Team Fortress 2 | Footie Pajama Commander Shepard - Mass Effect
Cosplay in Progress
Leonardo Da Vinci - Assassins Creed 2 | Major Ocelot(Revamp) - Metal Gear Solid 3
Future Cosplays:
Braig - Kingdom Hearts | Sheik - LoZ (Brawl version)
Retired Cosplays
Colonel Mustard - Clue board game | The Boss - Metal Gear Solid 3 | Xigbar (Normal & Tweedle Dee) - Kingdom Hearts
InkRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 05:39 PM   #7671
RoninEclipse2G
Hope rides ALONE!

The only way that could have been more epic is if there weren't the smoking dork in the background.
Unread 04-14-2012, 04:33 AM   #7672
Dadderface
unusually hip-hop

Smoking is snake-like
Unread 04-16-2012, 12:43 AM   #7673
ManiacMarshall
Hope Rides Alone

Only if you look like I do, Face.
Unread 04-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #7674
InkRaven
Heh, that was fun!

I don't usually photodump,

But when I do, it's because the photo is bad-ass.

That being said, the more I look at this cosplay the more I find little things I need to tweak. Like the whole top, I think it's a tad small and not quite long enough. It also doesn't have the pockets, btut hat's more out of not having time than not knowing they're there. I'm also trying to figure out how to make his pants, because while they are jodhpurs, they don't seem to have the traditional shape? Then again it maybe have been the limitations of the PS2 that made them all weird like that.

So uh, if anyone has critique, that'd be cool.

Current Cosplays
Major Ocelot - Metal Gear Solid 3 | Revolver Ocelot - Metal Gear Solid | RED fem!Spy - Team Fortress 2 | Footie Pajama Commander Shepard - Mass Effect
Cosplay in Progress
Leonardo Da Vinci - Assassins Creed 2 | Major Ocelot(Revamp) - Metal Gear Solid 3
Future Cosplays:
Retired Cosplays
Colonel Mustard - Clue board game | The Boss - Metal Gear Solid 3 | Xigbar (Normal & Tweedle Dee) - Kingdom Hearts

Last edited by InkRaven : 04-16-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Unread 04-16-2012, 05:32 PM   #7675
RoninEclipse2G
Hope rides ALONE!

It's the pressed in crease, and the fact that they're a loose military jodhpur that hasn't been used on this half of the planet that makes them so weird. A quick Google search reveals that the russian jodhpur was quite baggy compared to most others. http://www.2aiel.com/jdpr.html (check the bottom of the page)
Unread 04-16-2012, 08:21 PM   #7676
InkRaven
Heh, that was fun!

Ah, that actually helped a decent amount! But Jesus, was that website made in 1999 or something?! The design is terrible!

Anyways, I found this placelink but am unsure if it's a good or bad idea to buy from them or if I could get the same thing somewhere else, preferably an English website so that there wouldn't be any miscommunications.

The cut looks pretty much exactly how it is in the game... I wouldn't mind dying it black, seeing as dying anything black isn't too hard as it's the darkest color you can really get.

EDIT: Just realized that the site says it's out of stock anyways... and that it woulda costed $75 >.< Kinda sucks, those pants looked to be in amazing shape, and I'm not having much luck finding anything similar on the rest of the interwebs... Anyone have any ideas? I did make sure to save the images and measurement to my computer though, since I figured if I wanted to I could try and recreate them that way.

Current Cosplays
Cosplay in Progress
Future Cosplays:
Retired Cosplays

Last edited by InkRaven : 04-17-2012 at 06:51 AM.
Unread 04-17-2012, 02:58 PM   #7677
The Boss
Mentor

InkRaven: Easiest would be to buy a jodphurs pattern and maybe change it a little bit. But there are good jodphurs patterns out there! and a few links that might help you hopefully:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c...mpaign=Primary

http://www.amazon.com/1910s-1940s-La.../dp/B004X18O8C

and this
http://www.google.de/imgres?q=JODHPU...41&tx=64&ty=34

if those don't help I'd suggest either
1) commission them
2) make them yourself again Take a normal pants pattern and change it as much as you need. get a front pic of ocelot's pants (or back shot) and measure everything out. (how wide one leg is etc) by comparing the measurements to ocelots height.
It's just a little math to do (and I'm TERRIBLE at math...but even I can do it :'D) If you compare your height to ocelots, you can find out how wide his pants are etc. It's hard to explain in english for me, sorry <.<°
One cheap example of using ocelots hand (not as accurate as the height method though) :
If one of his legs is 4 and a half 'hands' wide, just measure your hand and take those for knowing how wide the pants must be overall...
The height method is the best imo though... did it with a few costumes to get the right proportions. (like Beatrix' sword which goes nearly up to my chin x.x and is as wide as my upper body) I just took a good picture of beatrix with her sword, took a ruler and pressed it against the screen. wrote the measurements/height/ratio down (her height in inches, how long the sword is in inches etc) and then scaled everything up to my height.
Same with sniper wolfs PSG1: compared the PSG1 to the sniper wolf doll and pictures, and then scaled everything. so I got the exact same proportions. though this was pretty easy since we have the same height xD made everything a little easier ... since this girl is big enough not to look like a midget with a PSG1

But if the character is much bigger or shorter it's necessary to scale very carefully (when it comes to props or weird clothing/proportions). Example: if a Sniper Wolf cosplayer which is only 5'1 big would get a PSG1 with the original measurements of a typical PSG1, it would be WAY to big on her and look silly. same with a 6'3 girl holding a baby PSG-1 in comparison *lol*

measuring down everything is always good in cosplay. I'm sure there's someone in here who can explain how to scale better in english.
But maybe you find a pattern or the right pants to buy, so you don't need to compute all the measurements for hours (But since the jodhpurs are easy and have not a 1000 details like a PSG-1 prop this will only take 10 minutes maybe). Good luck!

Link- Legend of Zelda, TP
Madam Hooch
Der Tod (Elisabeth, Takarazuka)

Last edited by The Boss : 04-17-2012 at 03:05 PM.
The Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 03:16 PM   #7678
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Quote:
Only if you look like I do, Face.
Yeah that guy = definitely not Snake-like.

BTW, anyone going to ACEN this year? We have a shoot again, but I couldn't get anyone interested in talking about it on the ACEN forums. I figure we'll have about 20 people, as usual, but I'd like to know who to expect.

Also, I'm seriously worrying about being The Boss for the shoot. My new sneaking suit is more comfortable, sure, and I've been growing out my hair so I don't have to use the wig, but I'm still not happy with how the sneaking suit looks on me. :/ I was considering doing Strangelove for the shoot instead, maybe just packing her and, if I get to the con and feel ugly that day, I'll be Strangelove instead of The Boss.
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 09:27 PM   #7679
ManiacMarshall
Hope Rides Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergeekgirl View Post
Yeah that guy = definitely not Snake-like.
>that feel you get when you look like Wesker with slick blonde, Liquid with a Fabio wig, Chris when you spike it and David when you mullet
Unread 04-18-2012, 09:23 AM   #7680
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Quote:
>that feel you get when you look like Wesker with slick blonde, Liquid with a Fabio wig, Chris when you spike it and David when you mullet
Not saying YOU don't look like Snake. Just Mr. Oblivious in the background.
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote