Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Metal Gear

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 407 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 06-15-2012, 08:45 PM   #7741
Petchymon

Greetings ladies and gentlemen! I've been cosplaying Naked Snake for nearly 3 years now in various different variants.

However, around July, August time I am planning on re-vamping my Peace Walker variant of Snake. I'll be buying the right gear, the more accurate bandanna color plus more.

However, I am here to ask you lovely people for help and some advice.

The compression shirt that Snake wears under his fatigue, What is it actually called? And what does the little text say on the elbows?

Also, I might re-make the brassards (arm bands) and I wondering, what shall I make them out of, fabric or pleather? I made my previous ones out of pleather but I was thinking would a different material make them look any better?

I am looking forward to your replies =3
Petchymon is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-16-2012, 02:34 PM   #7742
Leon_Redfield
Resident Licker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninEclipse2G View Post
Leon - That's a pretty good Plisken!
Thanks! I'm about to order a mock-turtleneck since a black T-shirt (to me, and I'm sure to others) wont cut the mustard. Found an affordable thin short sleeve one so I don't DIE wearing all of that in July weather.

Also I ordered a Mk23 airsoft to gut...but it was like 1/2 the size I needed it. But then it occurred to me; Pliskin gave his Mk23 to Raiden, so he wouldn't have it regardless. I just stuffed my Beretta M92FS resin-cast in there just to have something in the holster (empty holsters look weird to me.) for now.

I do need to figure out a way on how to improve it slightly, and how to get a dang radio hanging off my shoulder. But for now, since I'm on a budget, I think I'm good!
Leon_Redfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2012, 06:51 PM   #7743
The Boss
Mentor

Petchymon: the text on his lower arms is basically just: "Direct Action Suit" and a row of numbers if I remember right.

Link- Legend of Zelda, TP
Madam Hooch
Der Tod (Elisabeth, Takarazuka)
The Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2012, 04:08 PM   #7744
Petchymon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
Petchymon: the text on his lower arms is basically just: "Direct Action Suit" and a row of numbers if I remember right.
Correct, I can see the numbers clearly just had trouble seeing the "Direct" bit. But million thanks for answering and helping me out =3
Petchymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 09:08 PM   #7745
Leon_Redfield
Resident Licker

Is anyone going to Otakon? I combed through the threads and photoshoots and it looks like nobody has set up a shoot at all!
Unread 06-20-2012, 12:33 PM   #7746
RoninEclipse2G
Hope rides ALONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_Redfield View Post
I do need to figure out a way on how to improve it slightly, and how to get a dang radio hanging off my shoulder. But for now, since I'm on a budget, I think I'm good!
Yeah, even used radios are quite spendy. That's the main reason my Snake Eater cosplay doesn't have one yet.
RoninEclipse2G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2012, 01:15 PM   #7747
Leon_Redfield
Resident Licker

I totally already have a radio I used with two other costumes, it's old as balls though. It's actually called a "Handie-Talkie", it's from the late 1970s.

It's a Motorola MT500 I use for my RPD uniform (Since some departments actually still use the dang thing, haha) and Ghostbusters flightsuit. I could try to incorporate it, but I think it'll look too clunky for my tastes.
Unread 06-20-2012, 06:37 PM   #7748
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

I made a fake radio since the real thing is quite expensive and difficult to find.

It's pretty easy. I cut a chunk of packing foam in the shape I wanted, covered it in a hemmed up sleeve of fabric with a big webbing loop on the back, pulled the bottom into a triangle like a birthday present, folded that up and glued it, then bought a cheap cat toy fishing pole from the dollar store to paint and cut down into my antenna. The piece on top that looks like a cover for the pouch is faked with another little sleeve of fabric, some more webbing, and a buckle. You can also make a real pouch, but this one took me only an hour where a nicely-made pouch takes me at least a couple.

You can see it in my Boss BDUs pictures.

EDIT: You do Ghostbusters too? I have that radio as well. We made our own antennae for them because they were missing antennae when we bought them. The GB antennae are much shorter and fatter than Snake's, though.
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2012, 10:26 PM   #7749
Leon_Redfield
Resident Licker

Oh, I know you do cosplay Ghostbusters, you're on GBFans.com; as am I. It's Some_Guy from the forums. Heh.
Unread 06-21-2012, 09:51 AM   #7750
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_Redfield View Post
Oh, I know you do cosplay Ghostbusters, you're on GBFans.com; as am I. It's Some_Guy from the forums. Heh.
I am. I don't post a lot. My husband is demon vice commander.
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2012, 11:53 AM   #7751
ne0ven0m
Dr. Feelgood

I made a radio too: seen here

I used some kind of Australian longer ammo pouch, put a cardboard box in there, with a thin PVC pipe for the antenna. Didn't cost much at all!

2014 Plans: Winter Soldier mashup, Deathstroke, Deadpool/Adventure Time mash-up, TBD

My Blog:http://ne0ven0m.wordpress.com/
ne0ven0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #7752
Dadderface
unusually hip-hop

My radio is a south African ammo pouch filled with high density foam and a car antenna haha
Unread 06-22-2012, 05:51 PM   #7753
Garfsan
Tempus Fugit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadderface View Post
It really depends on which reference you're using Garf. Solid's is black in 1, ts and 4 (same as with all the action figures and promo art. MGS2 SS' headband changes drastically between references. Grey in game, grey in most of the figures except the McFarland one and a muted blue-green in brawl. Snake eater BB is hunter green, mds3D is black, peacewalker is grey but these all change in many of the action figures and promo art ( for instance, PW BB's is black on the squareenix play arts figures)
Sorry fr the delayed reply sadder face, so really I'm best going with black for the bandana for mgs1 snake?
Unread 06-24-2012, 01:35 AM   #7754
Dadderface
unusually hip-hop

Yes, though so long as you match it to your vest it should be fine.
Unread 06-24-2012, 09:33 PM   #7755
PepMaster

Well I just finished doing castings of this
PepMaster is offline   Reply With Quote