Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Metal Gear

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 100 votes, 4.80 average.
Unread 09-14-2012, 08:42 PM   #7831
Dadderface
unusually hip-hop

the trick with eyepatches is that you practice for a few hours every day for a while. figure out how long you honestly plan on being in costume and try to work up to wearing the eyepatch that long. I've practiced for (no lie) years and i can still only do, at most, 5 hours (adding in costume fatigue). just tough it out yo

Unread 09-15-2012, 01:10 AM   #7832
Umbra.Exe
Loves bad puns

Hey all, I've been busy with school lately, so I haven't gotten any work done on my costume so far... D:> I'm going to my first convention tomorrow though, should be fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninEclipse2G View Post
Yeah, if they'd do a PS3 HD update it would be a ton easier with the dual analog. My real issue is the fact that it seems like I'm spending 90% of the game dragging unconscious soldiers around. XP
What I would give to have the Fulton system like Peacewalker.
I think I'm actually enjoying recruiting soldiers more than I should. I already have the maximum amount of soldiers, I've got to let some go if I want more. ^^; (I haven't made much game progress though, since my brother borrowed my PSP.)

rj_sosongco: Those costumes are pretty cool, I especially like Snake's RPG and Raiden's clawed boots\shoes. (Your Raiden pic seems to have "poofed" out of your post though, it was there just a while ago.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rj_sosongco View Post
- Disc on his hip says "PRESS CENTER AND ROTATE RIGHT"
- Thigh says "USE DESIGNATED TOOL TO REMOVE FASTENER"
- Arm says "POWER LINES BELOW AVOID APPLYING PRESSURE"
- Rifle says "LSA MK.1-GUN MODULE ARMSTECH FIREARMS DIV"
- Shoulder says "USE DESIGNATED TOOL TO REMOVE FASTENER"
Interesting, my MGS4 Vamp figure has the "USE DESIGNATED TOOL" and "POWER LINES BELOW" on him as well, along with what looks like (I can't read it very well) "KNEE PROTECTOR SHOCK PLATE HERE" by his knees and on his shins.
I doubt that helps anyone much, just thought it was interesting. ^^;
Umbra.Exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2012, 04:04 PM   #7833
InkRaven
Heh, that was fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeronSHB View Post
Does anyone know if there's some way to make or buy a plain black see through eyepatch? Eventually I'm going to cosplay Big Boss as well, but I tried walking around with an eyepatch on for a day and it bothered me after awhile.
I had to wear an eyepatch for a Xigbar cosplay and I found that it was somewhat impractical to have it on unless there was a photo being taken. However, it can help you to see if you VERY CAREFULLY poke a hole with a pin right in front of your eye. It doesn't allow you to see too much, but it can be the difference to slamming yourself into the corner of a wall and successfully dodging it.

Current Cosplays
Major Ocelot - Metal Gear Solid 3 | The Boss - Metal Gear Solid 3 | Xigbar (Normal & Tweedle Dee) - Kingdom Hearts | Revolver Ocelot - Metal Gear Solid | RED fem!Spy - Team Fortress 2 | Colonel Mustard - Clue board game
Cosplay in Progress
Leonardo Da Vinci - Assassins Creed 2 | RED fem!Spy coat - Team Fortress 2
Future Cosplays:
Braig - Kingdom Hearts
Sheik - LoZ (Brawl version)
Member of Oblivion Live as Xigbar
InkRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2012, 06:47 AM   #7834
Gollum

MGS GROUP AT PARIS

Unread 09-18-2012, 06:51 AM   #7835
Gollum

Unread 09-18-2012, 07:09 AM   #7836
Gollum

The end...
Unread 09-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #7837
rj_sosongco
Rated R for Radical!

@Gollum: Those images are awesome! Great to have such a large group, and the location is simple but effective.
rj_sosongco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2012, 03:20 AM   #7838
Gollum

Thank you
Unread 09-21-2012, 01:32 PM   #7839
KeronSHB

Damn dude, those are some amazing pictures!

And on the note of the eyepatch, now that you mention it, yeah wearing it only for a certain amount of time/photos only, would be the better bet (and definitely the better budget route too XD).

Also I saw someone get the Bluegun version of the SOCOM, but where did they get the silencer and LAM unit for it? I think I recall seeing a special holster for it somewhere too, but I can't find it.
KeronSHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 01:25 PM   #7840
RoninEclipse2G
Hope rides ALONE!

Quote:
Does anyone know if there's some way to make or buy a plain black see through eyepatch? Eventually I'm going to cosplay Big Boss as well, but I tried walking around with an eyepatch on for a day and it bothered me after awhile.
Buy cheap sunglasses (or costume eyeglasses) with large lenses, pop out a lense and cover it with a gauzey fabric. Your eyesight won't be the greatest, but it's easier than dealing with being blind in one eye.
RoninEclipse2G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 01:57 PM   #7841
Umbra.Exe
Loves bad puns

Quote:
Buy cheap sunglasses (or costume eyeglasses) with large lenses, pop out a lense and cover it with a gauzey fabric. Your eyesight won't be the greatest, but it's easier than dealing with being blind in one eye.
...I don't know why I didn't see the question about the eyepatch, I would have suggested this too.

I pretty much did exactly this. I found some sunglasses that my dad had broken, covered a lens with thin black fabric I had, and sewed on some elastic.

I can see out of it OK in the light, but in dark conditions (like outside at night) I can't see a thing out of that eye. Still, better than nothing, and I'm sure most cons have adequate lighting. ^^;
Unread 09-22-2012, 03:54 PM   #7842
KeronSHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbra.Exe View Post
...I don't know why I didn't see the question about the eyepatch, I would have suggested this too.

I pretty much did exactly this. I found some sunglasses that my dad had broken, covered a lens with thin black fabric I had, and sewed on some elastic.

I can see out of it OK in the light, but in dark conditions (like outside at night) I can't see a thing out of that eye. Still, better than nothing, and I'm sure most cons have adequate lighting. ^^;
Quote:
This is actually a pretty creative idea. I have a pair of old Sunglasses lying around somewhere, I can use this to turn them into a makeshift eyepatch. Thanks!
KeronSHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 06:01 PM   #7843
RoninEclipse2G
Hope rides ALONE!

Quote:
This is actually a pretty creative idea. I have a pair of old Sunglasses lying around somewhere, I can use this to turn them into a makeshift eyepatch. Thanks!
You're welcome!

On another note, Nan Desu Kan was a pretty good success for MGS cosplayers this year! We managed a small photoshoot, and beyond what you see here, there were a half dozen other Snakes, Meryls, and various characters running around! This is my favorite shot that we got of the group. Psycho Mantis mind controlling everyone into Gangam Style

Metal Gear gangam style by RoninsArt, on Flickr
RoninEclipse2G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 06:36 PM   #7844
Umbra.Exe
Loves bad puns

RoninEclipse2G: That's a pretty funny picture. XD At Comikaze, there was a guy dressed as Psy, blaring Gangnam Style from wearable speakers while wearing a Gundam helmet. "Gundam Style!"

Sadly, I only saw two MGS cosplayers there. Two Big Bosses, only one on each day. The guy I saw on Saturday was pretty awesome though.
Unread 09-24-2012, 12:53 AM   #7845
starnes82

some awesome pictures. i'm thinking about doing big boss from mgs3 for halloween
starnes82 is offline   Reply With Quote