Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Costume Critique

Unread 05-16-2004, 09:26 PM   #1
Mokona Plushie
声を張&

Songtress Yuna

I know that this has been done plently of times but this was my first cosplay that I worked the most on so I learned lots of new sewing skills. At ACEN, people told me it was the most accurate they saw but I told them they were being bias and I wanted to enter the masquerade but one of my friends was lost during the time when you entered so I wasn't able to...but tell me what you think and what changes could possibly be made.
Mokona Plushie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-16-2004, 09:50 PM   #2
Tevina
Mangekyou Sharingan

Your costume looks great. A few changes might be to switch the belt, Yuna has a blue-ish/grey-ish belt. And the extra flap sort of thing coming out of her shirt has more of a darker grey color. Other than that, your costume is awesome
Unread 05-16-2004, 09:55 PM   #3
Mokona Plushie
声を張&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tevina
Your costume looks great. A few changes might be to switch the belt, Yuna has a blue-ish/grey-ish belt. And the extra flap sort of thing coming out of her shirt has more of a darker grey color. Other than that, your costume is awesome

Thank you, I know the belt isn't right...I lost mine at the last minute and this was the first thing I could find...>.<
Mokona Plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2004, 10:59 PM   #4
lainey
D2R Cosplay

only the belt bothers me...
otherwise..it's a beautiful costume

i think it's wonderful for a first costume!
you've got talent!!
2012 Cons: Coming to a con near you!
Anime North |Otakon
lainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2004, 12:31 AM   #5
Kitten
U+K Kitten

http://www.driftingheart.net/yuna-2/...songstress.jpg

The main difference I see would be the boots, actually. They're a bit darker, I think, but I don't know how easy that would be for you to change if you're interested in doing so.
Unread 05-23-2004, 10:17 PM   #6
otakutre
Cake 'n' Cosplay

The only thing I would add (and I have this problem with every songstress costume, including my own) is that the side skirt needs more lift. Of course, Yuna's skirt, as far as I can tell, is physically impossible. I added netting between the layers to give lift and sewed floral wire into a rolled hem to give that lettuce leaf look. It helped, but it's still not... 'floofy' enough. So, yes, the only thing I would suggest is more 'floof'. ^_^
Unread 05-25-2004, 05:45 PM   #7
TaoNess
A Moonchild And Her Angel

Well I'm glad you got your skirt right! I've seen so many wrong ones. I really like yours. But I got my side drapes to lift just fine. I wish I had pictures of it.

But I like your costume!! It's a good one!! Congrats!
TaoNess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2004, 06:23 PM   #8
_Mandy_
Adventure Capitalist

So good. I hope my first serious cosplay turns out that well. I would try dying the ruffles around the shirt in a white to grey gradient that matches the grey stuff that hangs down the one side. And yeah...the floofiness it has in the game doesn't work in real gravity. Great costume.
_Mandy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2004, 07:44 PM   #9
Akiko Ki
Ninja in the night

::is in aww:: lol great costume dang You even got the lace I notice alot of Songtress Yuna's like miss that though its hard to see. Only thing I can say is the belt could be blue as stated before but great costume and people where right on the acuate thing it looks great. You make a wonderful Yuna ::nod nod::
Gray/ Fairy Tail

Facebook Page

Deviantart
Akiko Ki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2004, 05:09 PM   #10
Senko-chan

Yes, I think it came out wonderful as well ^_^ good job. Yeah, as the others said...that belt... oh well. Yet again good job ^_^
Senko-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2004, 05:47 PM   #11
Sammie_San
I strive to be Ridiculous

Great Songstress I really Like it. ^^ The only things I had a problem with was the lacey side skirt needs to me more. . . fooffy . . . I think. . And the boots They are a darker brownish color and the top is a tanish color too. Other THen That I really like it! Im glad to see someone actually make their skirt from lace with shorts ( Lot of people don't good for you ^^ )

Cosplay Scope:
Katarina:: LoL | Plotting for Halloweekends @ Cedar Point
Miss Fortune:: LoL | 0% | Debut plotted for Ohayocon
Wicket Lulu:: LoL | 0% |
Sammie_San is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2004, 08:57 PM   #12
cutekawaii
Cos-BUSINESS

Das boots are different. They have 3 different colors of suede with scalloped edges. And I can't tell if the white on the top is socks or not...

~Nikki
cutekawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2004, 11:54 AM   #13
Artzydivahuf
Sakana Janai!

Love your plushie! It just adds that cuteness to your costume!

Otherwise- very accurate costume. Hopefully you'll be able to masqurade at your next con! Good luck!
Unread 06-02-2004, 04:54 PM   #14
Kei Hoshiakari
This is SO fuar fuar ciiy

Alright, my input: Your transparent sleeve things should be a darker shade of blue.
Different belt, but that's already been covered plenty.
Different boots, also already been covered.
I noticed the lack of gradient. That can be hard to do, though. Dying isn't fun.
The fit of your shirt. It's not a big thing, but it would look better if your shirt was fitted. ^_^
This last bit is the most important to me. Where is your earring? @_@; Yuna's earring is a big part of her costume, in my opinion. (Usually a heavy part too, ehehe...)
Anyway, I think it's a very good job for a first cosplay. ^_^ You should be proud. I think it's good that you care enough to ask for people's opinions, too. I hope I didn't seem rude.
Unread 06-02-2004, 08:10 PM   #15
Mokona Plushie
声を張&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kei Hoshiakari
Alright, my input: Your transparent sleeve things should be a darker shade of blue.
Different belt, but that's already been covered plenty.
Different boots, also already been covered.
I noticed the lack of gradient. That can be hard to do, though. Dying isn't fun.
The fit of your shirt. It's not a big thing, but it would look better if your shirt was fitted. ^_^
This last bit is the most important to me. Where is your earring? @_@; Yuna's earring is a big part of her costume, in my opinion. (Usually a heavy part too, ehehe...)
Anyway, I think it's a very good job for a first cosplay. ^_^ You should be proud. I think it's good that you care enough to ask for people's opinions, too. I hope I didn't seem rude.
No one offended me, I was happy that everyone gave me input ^-^ Uh...sleeves...I was trying to find a darker shade but I couldn't and I have seen people not have them transparent at all so I wanted to keep them transparent to keep accurate.

I just recently got a belt so I will have to take pictures of that soon...after finals...o.o;; And boots, I have never seen a pair of accurate boots...only once as a someone's commission but they had high heels. So I was happy with my boots for now since I got them for twenty dollars and then a second pair of shoes for five cents ^^; I plan to make boot covers but it all depends on my time this summer.

Gradient, yes, dying is no fun >.>;; Of course, most people just have it white which peeves me off...can't they see it is greyish? o.o;; And not many do the layers also. But the sideskirt is my pride and joy...I love the way it turned out and it flies out when I spin ^^; I like to spin...sadly...

I can't believe I forgot the earring for those pictures...I have two actually and the one I was wearing for the day was quite heavy so I took it off for a bit and I told my friends when we went to take photos to remind me to put it back on since I knew I would forget. But they didn't remind me ==;

But thank you for all the comments! I really appreciate and by now these suggestions will keep me busy over the summer along with my other cosplays I am beginning to work on.