Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Anime Chat

Unread 11-22-2002, 10:02 PM   #1
nekochan
PILE IT ON!! xD

spoilers?

i'm sure this thread may have been done before... but i want to know, who told you the biggest spoiler in all the time you've been watching anime? sorry if it seems redundant.. but i'm curious.. because yeah my college friends who introduced me back into anime after a long haitus <long story> told me EVERYTHING.. i mean EVERYTHING about evangelion before i watched it.. back then i didn't know the concept of spoilers.. and then i saw it and i was like.. "oh heck no..." plus.. this isn't as bad but my brother finished TriGun before i did and.. told me something about an ep that made me very sad. but it wasn't that bad.. not as bad as the eva thing.. -sigh-
nekochan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-23-2002, 12:37 AM   #2
Bell-chan
Ummm what?

oh...well yes...your brother was mean to spoil it for you like that!! >_< I have also been told many spoilers about Evangelion, which sucks...some people have little consideration. I try to be careful about what I say to people about anime, in case they have not seen it, or read the manga.
This isn't anime, but someone told me the "Aeris thing" before I even played FF7!! grrrr....gasp-ness and slapping, it was.
Bell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2002, 12:49 AM   #3
Yautja834
Everybody dance!!!

ok, they were showing the most popular episodes of Cowboy Beebop this summer, some of you might remember this... The last two episodes they had werethe last two in the series(and i did not know this at the time). I was pretty well into the series BUT i had forgotten that adult swim ends at 2 and not 1 so i was like" Oh crap its still on!". i switch back at the very end of the last episode, like 30 seconds from the credits. And i see spike, and i was like...ok what happened? The credits Rolled by and then there were no previews for an upcomming episode. Now i could have pretended that it wasnt what i thought it was and i would have been fine. But the next day, my friends are talking about it and they revealed the rest of the episode and completely revealed all the events that occured up to the point i tuned into. What got me really angry thoe was that i told them and they wouldnt leave me alone about it. Every day they kept saying what happend and i was like "NO SHUT UP AHHHHH!" and it really got to me. So when i was watching the rest of the episodes i sorta felt like not watching them because i knew what happened but i did anyway to see the events that lead up to it myself. And that is my story of how Cowbow Beebop was spoiled for me.
Yautja834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2002, 07:15 AM   #4
D-mon Onizuka
OMGWTFBBQSAUCEW/EXTPICKLE

I remember when I first started watching Trigun.

Ah, those were the days....

I went to the anime store to look around and one of the guys who worked started taking about anime in general.

Big deal, no harm done. Then when he sees me looking through the Trigun, he starts up a convo about it. No that I minded, but then he started talking about episodes I haven't seen.

I had to stop him and tell him I haven't seen the rest, but before I could...he told me what happened at the edn of the last episode!!!

>< That was the day I wished I had access to Akane Tendo's mallet o' doom!

;_; People are so cruel......damn you, spoilers!

*shakes fist*

My mommy says so.
D-mon Onizuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2002, 02:33 PM   #5
Sakura
Original Sakura

I've never ruined anime for my friends but sometimes I accidently spoil Final Fantasy games for them because I tend to beat them first ^_^;; They get so mad!
Unread 11-24-2002, 04:11 PM   #6
Ayaka
Ralph the Wonder Llama

Let's see . . . I've been spoiled for Eva, Trigun, Rurouni Kenshin . . . that's gotta be the worst, actually, Kenshin. I still haven't seen any of the anime, but thanks to a lovely person at the Watsuki panel at AX I know how the series ends. *resists urge to kill* Oh yeah, and OMG have I been spoiled for Fushigi Yuugi, which probably has something to do with why I haven't invested in the box sets. *cries*

Anyone who spoils Cowboy Bebop will face painful, horrific justice at my hands. Someone at the Bebop panel at AXNY nearly got attacked from behind by me, as they were teetering on the edge of spoilage.

The one fun thing, though, I have a friend who got into anime when I did but really hasn't watched anything since. We were talking about spoilers, so for fun I gave her the biggest possible spoilers on series she hadn't seen without telling her what it was about. XD I did have her permission, fyi, it was stuff she didn't want to see. It was really funny, I felt much better to have the chance to spoil major stuff without doing any harm, lol.
Unread 11-24-2002, 04:15 PM   #7
Tenshi
Needs more sparkles

A Final Fantasy fanfic board I used to visit spoiled me on FFX. It was something about Auron, but I won't be more specific ^_^. A lot of people tell me this certain spoiler isn't that important, but Auron was my favorite character before starting the game! It made me not want to like him as much any more ;_;.

Next Up:Mad Hatter Tamaki (Ouran Host Club), Tuxedo Mask (Sera Myu) and Kaitou Sinbad (Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne)
I declare this The Year of Making Epic Jackets
Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2002, 04:20 PM   #8
Lovelyangel_81
Eternal awaits...

Spoilers doesn't bother me. I readed online the spoilers for Revolutionary Girl Utena before finally watching the whole series. Actually, it made me want to see the series more by reading the spoilers. Even though I "know" what will happen, but I would still like to see what happened visually. ^^

..but I guess it all the depend really.
Unread 11-25-2002, 10:06 PM   #9
nekochan
PILE IT ON!! xD

oh man.. kenshin.. i knew about FY stuff but it's all right.. it was too.. well, it was cute ^^ not my type really but i sort of liked it.. neways i would prolly die if neone spoiled kenshin for me.. 96 eps to watch! but i don't mind! i suppose the trigun spoiler wasn't so bad.. he didn't tell me the end.. which btw was AWESOME, watch the series!