Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 05-27-2015, 01:12 AM   #46
Silica

I found my new t-shirt that i bought a month ago this morning accidently, that's really a big surprise!!
Silica is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-27-2015, 06:18 AM   #47
BisectedBrioche
Selfie Queen

I can finally start brewing again! I'll probably only do a gallon batch of wine for now (I'm thinking towards pears; I haven't really done many white wines), but I should have all my equipment out of storage or my grandma's garage by the end of the week (plus my aunt and sorta-uncle gave me a book of wine and beer recipes). =3

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%) Sheik (?)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2015, 06:22 PM   #48
ilafatyu
That guy

An old lady I was ringing out at work got angry because she had misread a flyer and missed a sale. I tried pointing her toward a coupon that would work (not as much savings as the sale, but it would be something), but she wanted no part of it. She left all upset.

...And the next person in line said she had the novel idea that the person behind the register isn't at fault for someone not reading the flyer right, said I handled the whole thing very professionally, and told me she hoped the rest of my day was on the up and up.

I had a conversation with another lady about last-minute gloves for her LARP event this weekend, and there was a cute gaggle of children who were going to learn to make dogs out of pipe cleaners. I love the kinds of people that come through this store.

facebook page // nh cosplay events

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Constructing : Soren (Fire Emblem), Fox (RWBY)
Upgrading : Sheik (armor), Cloud (wig and armor)
ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2015, 08:50 PM   #49
Chiagirl
Sheena Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
An old lady I was ringing out at work got angry because she had misread a flyer and missed a sale. I tried pointing her toward a coupon that would work (not as much savings as the sale, but it would be something), but she wanted no part of it. She left all upset.

...And the next person in line said she had the novel idea that the person behind the register isn't at fault for someone not reading the flyer right, said I handled the whole thing very professionally, and told me she hoped the rest of my day was on the up and up.

I had a conversation with another lady about last-minute gloves for her LARP event this weekend, and there was a cute gaggle of children who were going to learn to make dogs out of pipe cleaners. I love the kinds of people that come through this store.
I had a situation kind of like that once. Some lady thought her bill was too high, therefore I must have overcharged her. She asked to see an itemized total of all the items before paying, which I get for her. She sees three shirts on the list and says she only bought two, and started ranting about how I was trying to scam her. I go to her bags and pull out three shirts. She then demands I put one back because she only wanted two. I ask her which color she wants to put back, put back the shirt, and she finally pays.

The lady behind me says she thought I handled it very well, and the woman before her was very rude for not apologizing to me when she was the one mistaken. Thankfully at least a small part of the population is still made up of nice people.

As for my recent happiness? I got invited to my friends birthday party. I haven't seen her since her last party (except for once in passing) so I'm looking forward to it. I just need to think of what to get her.

Conventions attended:
Anime Detour 2012
Geek.kon 2012, 2013 & 2016
Anime Milwaukee 2013
Anime Central 2014
Costume Con 2016
Chiagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2015, 01:44 AM   #50
KittytheSheGeek
Geek Extraordinaire

I just got home from a date with my boyfriend. We went to the Aquarium for this "After Hours" event that is adults only (no screaming children!!) and it was really awesome

I touched an anemone. lol

[C|O|S|P|L|A|Y]
My anti-drug.
KittytheSheGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2015, 02:29 AM   #51
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyhrah View Post
I just got home from a date with my boyfriend. We went to the Aquarium for this "After Hours" event that is adults only (no screaming children!!) and it was really awesome

Man do I wish I could find an occasion like that at the aquarium here. It's annoying as hell when it's full of kids (on top of constantly stumbling into them because it's dimly lit, many are very disrespectful of the fish and will smack on the aquarium glass or do gross things involving putting their faces on it, as well as all the screaming and shouting)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2015, 02:51 AM   #52
KittytheSheGeek
Geek Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Man do I wish I could find an occasion like that at the aquarium here. It's annoying as hell when it's full of kids (on top of constantly stumbling into them because it's dimly lit, many are very disrespectful of the fish and will smack on the aquarium glass or do gross things involving putting their faces on it, as well as all the screaming and shouting)
I really love the aquarium regardless, but I totally agree. It's such a pain with the kids running around, strollers in the way, parents letting their kids act like hell-spawn... It was really awesome to experience it without all that xD

[C|O|S|P|L|A|Y]
My anti-drug.
Unread 05-29-2015, 08:44 PM   #53
wolfmanyoda
Just some dude

I was just out with one of my kids and we stopped at this little snow cone place that sits outside of a hardware store.
There were two girls ahead of us, maybe 13 or 14 years old and one of them paid for ours before we got up to the window. It was so nice, made me all warm and fuzzy
She said to pay it forward and I said I would but no one was behind us, so I'll have to do that next time we go.
I may have to do that every time I go, it was such a nice gesture.

The little things do matter.
wolfmanyoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2015, 11:42 PM   #54
StarsOfCassiopeia
Engineer at Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyhrah View Post

That sounds like a ton of fun!

Got to have dad-daughter bonding time and finally see Age of Ultron today... also found swimsuit bottoms that fit perfectly immediately when walking into the store today, so I'm quite happy about that, especially with Colossalcon coming up so quickly! @.@
  • Arsene (Persona 5): ??% (---) Katsucon 2018
  • Uniform (Little Witch Academia): 18% (Sewing) ???
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook // Instagram // YouTube
StarsOfCassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2015, 11:46 PM   #55
Kumoshi
rare pepe collector

Someone messaged me on the Fanime forums saying that they recognized my Hong Kong cosplay from a few years ago. I was surprised and touched, even if it's possible that they mixed me up with someone else. xD
Unread 05-30-2015, 12:52 AM   #56
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Omg Omg Omg BILL NYE THE SCIENCE GUY IS ON NETFLIX!!!
BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2015, 01:22 AM   #57
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmanyoda View Post
I was just out with one of my kids and we stopped at this little snow cone place that sits outside of a hardware store.
There were two girls ahead of us, maybe 13 or 14 years old and one of them paid for ours before we got up to the window. It was so nice, made me all warm and fuzzy
She said to pay it forward and I said I would but no one was behind us, so I'll have to do that next time we go.
I may have to do that every time I go, it was such a nice gesture.

The little things do matter.
I really love seeing people doing this kinda thing. I do it when I can and I have had people do it for me and it's just nice to know there are people out there that are so kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Omg Omg Omg BILL NYE THE SCIENCE GUY IS ON NETFLIX!!!
BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL!
I saw this on tumblr. I really REALLY wish I had Netflix so I could watch it. I loved the crap outta that stuff. Science is my shit.

Also, more good things in my life. Out of all teh bad that happens normally, I've been having a LOT of good happen lately.But this? This tops it all I think.
I'm pretty sure I'm being promoted to manager at work soon. The main boss came up to me today at work asking how I'd feel about more responsibility, and and we were talking about if I'm comfortable learning manager duties, which I wouldn't be allowed to do unless I get promoted. I've been working really hard and showing tons of progress. I started in November, and about January I was referred to as something akin to the "main" cashier. As in they liked my skill so much that I was the one they could rely on. So hearing this new news is just so nice.
-Created Character [SAO Hollow Realization]
-Cloud [Dissidia Final Fantasy]
-Red [Pokemon Fire Red]
-Gohan [DBZ]
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2015, 03:41 AM   #58
Waifu Beam
emiya plz

I came home from my friend's house tonight and when I walk in the door my little sister and her dog are here! I rarely get to see her so I'm happy!
Waifu Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2015, 12:14 PM   #59
Maurishio-kun
17 forever!!

I found a compatible girl on Tinder and I said "like", so I'm waiting for her to see it

"I have two dreams in my life: Going to Japan and throwing eggs to Jeannie Mai."

Maurishio-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2015, 02:06 PM   #60
KittytheSheGeek
Geek Extraordinaire

My boyfriend and I just got approved for an apartment we applied for!! We just have to drop off the damage deposit and sign the lease, and the place is ours!!! I'm so excited for it to be just the two of us in our own cozy little home. No roommates, just us!

[C|O|S|P|L|A|Y]
My anti-drug.