Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Metrocon

Closed Thread
Unread 05-26-2004, 04:50 PM   #16
ixupi
Orochi Blood

^ ^

Heh, i am actually REALLY interested in seeing the human chess match...being my nerdy self. I was wondering though who was actually controlling the piece( ^. ^ or human if you will.)movements? I didn't get too much time on the metro site but I saw that all seemed to be ADV people...so, yeah.

Bah...a costume doesn't have to be stressful and intensely time consuming to be good, right? Right?! I feel kinda bad myself wanting to do Wolfwood, which to me seems to be a played out character,no? Oh well.

Unread 05-26-2004, 04:59 PM   #17
Sacryed
Fantastical

I think I'm going, but I'm not sure.
It was a fun convention last year. It was really fun for a first year convention.
Unread 05-26-2004, 08:20 PM   #18
mitylene
Cosplay crazy

Kaze: Lol you should feel bad about it I think you're lucky to not be going insane sewing right before a con.

*Looks on metrocon site* They have a ton of guests this year including Luci Christian, Don Rush, Doug Smith, David Williams, Greg Ayres, Katie Bair, Robert & Emily DeJesus, Vic Mignogna, Chris Patton and Monica Rial.

Monica is a reall cool person even though I don't watch much dubbed anime.

And I am really looking foward to the human chess match! It's going to be sooo awesome!! I was sad I couldn't make enough practices to participate.

The Volunteer panels are going to be really interesting too. There's so much cool stuff going on!

http://www.animemetro.com/metroconve...rol.cfm?ID=652

I can't wait at all!

Tentative Schedule:
Anime Detour 2012
Anime Central 2012
Wizard World Chicago 2012
Unread 05-26-2004, 09:09 PM   #19
madhatterr104

Kaze, i'd love to do the ganguro girls thing with you..*puts down bronzer on her shopping list* lol

but yep..im going!

im in the anime idol competition with a friend..we are doing yokan by dir en grey..i shall be the toshiya ^^

my costume line up will be:
friday- filth kyo
saturday- yokan toshiya
sunday: misha (dress, not pj's for once..lol) from pita ten
Unread 05-26-2004, 10:50 PM   #20
Kaze

Well, I herd the human chess match was scripted, but I'm rooting for the Catgirls anyway! Go catgirls!
But I dunno who's controlling it.

Madhatter: Oh it'll be so great having other ganguro with me! Don't forget the frosty white eyeshadow! *adds that to her list*. I'll be there to see your performance. I was in the anime idol thing last year. But we won't talk about that now will we?

Mitylene: Chris Patton showed up last year and he was freaking amazing as well as funny as all heck. I hope to get his autograph this time around. Katie Bair though...wow. That's got to be awsome seeing her.

*squeals* it's so good to see so many people going! Japanese 101 panel on Friday! I'll be there ! Anyone joining me?
Unread 05-26-2004, 10:59 PM   #21
Lucifer

Amazing that Metrocon is the next con of the summer. Time flies. Well, my schedule is (seriously):

Friday - Reno from Final Fantasy 7 for the Final Fantasy Ball
Saturday - um...dunno
Sunday - um...still dunno

I'm so the planner I swear.

I don't bite. Ok, that's a lie. I totally bite.
Unread 05-26-2004, 11:08 PM   #22
makio
resident slacker

*whew*
...with Megacon, AE, and now JACON in the books; I can finally concentrate attention on the convention that's been declared my "vacation" for the year. XD Next week I'm gonna try and secure a hotel room; since they filled relatively fast last year. It's set to be a BUSY weekend with all the events going on left and right(and I'm participating in a number of them too x_x). So if I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off, you'll know why. LoL.
Anyway, what's everyone's costume plans/weekend outlook thus far? Here's what I've got:

Friday... FF7 Turks' suit(Final Fantasy Ball)
Saturday... Duo Maxwell(Anime Chess Match), Bob Makihara(Anime Idol)
Sunday... Leon Belmont(might end up wearing this on Saturday too, if time permits)

...I know I asked if anyone else was willing to do a Castlevania photoshoot, but I might postpone it for a single photoshoot or a different convention.

"Then what am I supposed to believe in? What am I going to leave behind when I'm through?"
-Raiden, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
`````
Unread 05-27-2004, 01:06 AM   #23
Minion

i'm gonna start on my kurama outfit wihtin the next 2 days.
my new truck is too small to change in, so i guess i'm gonna have to drive to tampa dressed as kurama. i'm gonna get some weird looks when i stop for bathroom breaks, lol
Unread 05-27-2004, 04:59 AM   #24
makio
resident slacker

You should just bring it in a bag/backpack and simply change at the hotel(in a restroom or something) if you happen to be wary of people eyeing you/being distracted on the road wearing stuff like that. Nice costume choice, btw... there was a good Yuusuke at JACON last weekend!
Unread 05-27-2004, 09:42 AM   #25
RikkuX
Rikku the Anbu Sand Ninja

yay I'm going!
Unread 05-27-2004, 11:20 AM   #26
Kaze

I went to Wal-Mart in my Urd costume before Metro last year, and it's fun going places in public in costume! But yea you could always change in the bathroom.

I'm hyped about this convention because it's so close to home! It's only a 10 minute drive from my house *releif*....But I'm still going to stay at the hotel anyway, because making that trip home can be a hassle, even if it is just 10 minutes. Plus I'd rather just stay there the whole time.
Unread 05-27-2004, 12:11 PM   #27
demon_Xlt
a quintessence of dust

Exclamation Bah!!!

omg..damn it.....i jsut found out they are not accepting anymore j-pop contestants...damn it......well..hmmm i wonder..would they even allow you to play your own instruments??....or something??.....hell i would of done the pillows with my band or mad capsule markets!!......*LER SIGH*........

Last edited by demon_Xlt : 05-27-2004 at 12:15 PM.
Unread 05-27-2004, 02:26 PM   #28
Susumari
.//fasshon o n n a no ko

mitylenei- i can't wait to see the guests! chris patton is so awesome! i remember them always ringing the gong!

kaze- alot of ppl went out around with their costumes. our kh princesses went/were going to go to the mall and go to the disney store. i wanted to go, but i duno if they did or not.
Unread 05-27-2004, 04:22 PM   #29
Kaze

Susu: Hehe that's the best! Before the FFball starts I wanna walk about in my ganguro costume, just to see what people will say. One older lady last year mistook me for a protitute and invited me to her church e.e;;

I thought the gong last year was awsome! It really did help...I don't care how mean it was.
Unread 05-27-2004, 04:42 PM   #30
Susumari
.//fasshon o n n a no ko

kaze- lol! a prostitute. you kno the first time i ever saw a ganguro i didn't even think anything like that. at the con, i'll scream KAZE! ^-^! yea, it was real funny with the gong, alot of ppl like got sad about that