Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Metrocon

Closed Thread
Unread 05-29-2004, 08:00 AM   #46
scandia
Overachiever

My big paper for one class is due before Metrocon. Hence I am majorly working on it today. I want to get it out of the way. And get everything else for my other two classes out of the way as well. Due to Metrocon, my 3 classes, and a convention for school, I can't take a new summer job . Although they may call me to sub during the summertime.

Don't worry, this year I won't be singing onstage.

I am kinda worried about two of my costumes. One of them is all black, and the other one involves velvet. I am very sensitive to heat, and although I got cold last year wearing my Angel Hikaru costume, I fear I may get a heat rash or go hyperthermic. It HAS happened recently.

Unread 05-29-2004, 02:43 PM   #47
Happy Mushroom
Rawr

I live just twenty minutes from where the convention will be held. :3 I am going to make my first costume, gothic lolita outfit. I'll be there with several(a lot) of friends and hopefully for all three days.
Unread 05-29-2004, 02:45 PM   #48
Happy Mushroom
Rawr

Don't worry about the heat. It will only be near 90 or 95 and it should be held indoors where the air conditioning is.
Unread 05-30-2004, 11:57 AM   #49
beloved_hatred
Child of Mako

Talking meh driving up there from south fl ^^

weeeeh!! i can't wait for metrocon!!! ^^ i'm going to be driving up there with my older bro and a few other friends. i'm so glad that my older bro lives up there near tampa! ^^ i would sooooo love to stay at the hotel also, because all you ppls seem really cool and fun, and i wanna have fun too! ^^

i've been planning out my costumes, and recently i've been wondering what i should wear to the ff ball. i know i've been thinking of cosplaying mana for a long while now, and i decided to do french maid mana. itll be cool if i can carry around the same exact guitar he has. ^^

i think i may be going for the three days, but i might also want to cosplay as different ppls for the next two days. i've been thinking maybe reno, and maybe kaoru or gackt. ^^ i'm still trying to decide. ^^

but right now i'm wondering what i should show up to the ff ball as. i'm thinking of going ff theme. ^^
Unread 05-30-2004, 10:20 PM   #50
Susumari
.//fasshon o n n a no ko

that's cool! you're going to have your big bro with. i wanna take mine, i think he'll actually go. i'll make him!
Unread 05-31-2004, 11:42 AM   #51
demon_Xlt
a quintessence of dust

Cool ah that reminds me...

probably on sunday or sat.... a group of me and my friends will find somewhere to set up (i.e. open up a crappy guitar case and put some change in it..) and play some music for the passer bys....hell we did it at jacon..hehe thank god too..cause we made enough money for the tolls..then again we didnt have many j-pop songs under our belts...i felt bad..a few people were wanting to hear some too...*sigh*....but anywayz..... do any of you peeps have requests??.....my group does everything from classical to whatnot..... and with some fore warning we can practically figure out anything.......but ya...right now we have acoustic versions of stuff under our belts...i know alot of smashing pumpkins songs...a few him....uhhh a few stabbing westward stuff.....i mostly cover the gothic stuff in the group and the others play along.....but i'm open for some j-pop..i know alot of pillows songs..ehehee.... i jsut recently figured out the solo for advice...good times.........but ya...either pm me wit hsome requests or jsut post em here... and i'll try my hardest to get em in the set!~!...(look for the group of guys playing guitars............oh..and tips are aprreciated!! :-D........you get hugs for them tooooo)
Unread 05-31-2004, 11:48 AM   #52
ixupi
Orochi Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_Xlt
....uhhh a few stabbing westward stuff.....i mostly cover the gothic stuff in the group and the others play along.....
Whoa, whoa....what do you mean the gothic stuff? X. x -Huge Stabbing Westward fan.- Either way, it'd be cool to see someone play some of their music. I'll be sure to check it out.
Unread 05-31-2004, 12:07 PM   #53
Kaze

*drools* Mana at the ffball...save a danace for me!! lol

I'm having a bit of wig shopping troubles right now. Anyone know a nice place in Orlando that sells wigs? I'm sick of ordering online, but If I have to I will, I'd just like to see what's close to home before I result to the internet. Y'know , color matching troubles.

demonxlt: I love seeing the people who sit and perform and things like that. I always stop and view the art and listen for at least 5 minutes or so but my bf is coming and he likes to do the craziest stuff while cosplaying so he may keep me busy...but I'm gonna try at least!!!

Wish I had an older brother.. ;__; my little brother is too young and hyper to handle at a con (he's 9 going on 4 with serious ADHD) but one day he'll make a great addition to the cosplay community...I have my hope.
Unread 05-31-2004, 02:35 PM   #54
Shigure#2

hello everyone. im a newbie, and metrocon will be my first con. im a bit nervous seeing as ill be doing originals and i might be going alone. which is caca. i dont have many friends who like anime let alone would dress up and go to a con with me.bleh. will i be shunned and looked down upon for doin originals? i live in tampa and if anyone else does id like to meet with u all at denny's for some coffee or something and get to know u all, also so as to be able to ask freely questions in person.
Unread 05-31-2004, 03:36 PM   #55
Susumari
.//fasshon o n n a no ko

^ oh! that's cool. i'd love to meet you at the con and you can hang out with me and my friends. give me an IM anytime! ^-^
Unread 05-31-2004, 04:03 PM   #56
demon_Xlt
a quintessence of dust

Wink mmm coffe

well hey its good to hear that there still are sw fans...good times i tell ya....my first concert every was seeing them hehe darkest days tour!!! w00t....mmmm hmmmm......... yay...oh and be sure to tell your friends bout my little venu going on!! the mor ethe merry-er.....
Unread 05-31-2004, 04:17 PM   #57
ixupi
Orochi Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_Xlt
well hey its good to hear that there still are sw fans...good times i tell ya....my first concert every was seeing them hehe darkest days tour!!! w00t....mmmm hmmmm......... yay...oh and be sure to tell your friends bout my little venu going on!! the mor ethe merry-er.....
Heh, yeah I am going with a group of around 10 so we will keep an eye out for you.

Yeah we should get together for some coffee or something, I know i'll be needing it during the after hours. ^. ^
Unread 05-31-2004, 04:39 PM   #58
demon_Xlt
a quintessence of dust

Cool oooh hell ya..

at like the jacon i was really runnign off..coffe and that crazy ass ramune soda thingys with that little glass ball contraption!!!! !!!! ahh...that shit has like 20grams of sugar in it....*twitch*.........then again i got all my friends addicted to it...heheheheheeeee.....he............ho....he....

INDEED
Unread 05-31-2004, 05:50 PM   #59
ixupi
Orochi Blood

Lol.....20grams is all? I'm sooo bringing some Bawls to Metrocon. Can yo say 32grams of sugar and 72 of caffeine? Bwahahaha... -Such a nerdy gamer.-
Unread 05-31-2004, 05:59 PM   #60
demon_Xlt
a quintessence of dust

Ooh Yea!!

damn that brings back some memory's...damn them three day lan partys (*UBER GEEK*)...heh...did you ever try the drink whoop ass????...heh i guess it didnt last very long.... but it was just like red bull only with a saying that went along with it......heh open up a can....heheheeh....heh.....*sigh*...i'm soo tired........