Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Metrocon

Closed Thread
Unread 06-07-2004, 01:10 PM   #76
Happy Mushroom
Rawr

My first cosplay is so far a horrible dissaster. The pattern has yet to come and the web site gave me a very vague 2-9 week delivery. So.. I just have to hope nothing even worse happens. >.o

Unread 06-07-2004, 05:02 PM   #77
ixupi
Orochi Blood

Aw....man I'm sorry. Well at least nothing TOO bad has happened...so lets keep it that way. ^. ^ I just got back from Jo Ann's getting fabric for my cross punisher wrapping and straps. Lookin' good thus far!
Unread 06-07-2004, 09:33 PM   #78
demon_Xlt
a quintessence of dust

Bahh!!!!1

damn...found outthe hotel is booked..all boked for metrocon....damn it....soo i'll probably jsut stay at the holiday inn express..... *sigh* its jsut a five min drive to the hotel...awwww......i wanted to stay at teh convention hotel.....*ler sigh* .....anyone have better luck???
Unread 06-07-2004, 10:05 PM   #79
JasonTD
Rogue Demon Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_Xlt
damn...found outthe hotel is booked..all boked for metrocon....damn it....soo i'll probably jsut stay at the holiday inn express..... *sigh* its jsut a five min drive to the hotel...awwww......i wanted to stay at teh convention hotel.....*ler sigh* .....anyone have better luck???
Argh, sorry to hear that I usually get all paranoid about cons and reserve my room super-early unless I'm a guest and getting a comped room or something. Year before last I missed getting a room in the Hyatt for DragonCon and had a momentary freak-out, so I feel your pain.
Unread 06-08-2004, 12:24 PM   #80
demon_Xlt
a quintessence of dust

*nods*

ya.....guess its a lil curse i have...i've never stayed at a convention's hotel...one thing or another would come up...and ....you know ....blargh.....oh well....my hotel's not very far from it..its bout a.....5 min drive....*nods*.....soo its all good.... heh i'll spend more time at the crown plaza anywayz
Unread 06-08-2004, 05:57 PM   #81
Kaze

No way! it can't be booked, I havn't made my fargin revervation....*cries* Urgh! just my freakin luck!

lucky points = 0
Unread 06-08-2004, 08:28 PM   #82
ixupi
Orochi Blood

Ah, you aren't the only one. Funny....looks like we'll all be in a holiday inn? -Arranges the small room party.-
Unread 06-09-2004, 12:38 AM   #83
Myaku

I'm going. We should meet up.

Friday - Labcoat Kyo , Dir en grey

Saturday - Yokan Kyo , Dir en grey

Sunday - Dragonfly Kyo , Paperbag , Dir en grey.

Not sure what I'm wearing to the ball yet , probably my Yokan outfit. Also , anyone got into Anime Idol this year? I did.
Unread 06-09-2004, 03:16 AM   #84
Minion

I'm still not sure if i'll be able to go. i may be working. if i do go, i doubt i can make it for all 3 days.
if i do go though, i'm up for a room party.
still havn't started on a costume
Theres gonna be a AMV contest, right? cause i just started on my first vid (yay!)
Unread 06-09-2004, 05:02 AM   #85
waterox

Well, I want to cosplay for metro but I don't think I will be ready. My g/f and I were thinking of talking the anime club into all dressing like demons from Konjiki no Gash bell. She is afraid no one would recognize us and I think that would be hillarious. She wants to dress up like tochiro from ge999, but I really don't want to do harlock since I am built like a football player.

Maybe I will be ready for yasumi or AWA. Of course I could cheat and do kuwabara again. That was an easy costume (Except shaving my chest ). But I am really in the mood for doing Gash Bell.... yeah running around with nothing but a large fish... tee hee.....
Unread 06-09-2004, 07:38 AM   #86
demon_Xlt
a quintessence of dust

Exclamation Anime Idol:!!!

grr...dont get me started.................me and my friends were late on that one...damn time-ing..............and we were going to actually play our instruments...(looks at rulez....ummm doesnt say anything against playing your own instruments...) hell it was a tuff choice between the mad capsule markets (hehe i can do my synthesizer!!) or the pillows (like i said tuff choice..........) .............but once again.....*ler sigh*......i guess i'll jsut have to be early on everything next year.....well hell..with every con........*nods* yes-em
Unread 06-09-2004, 12:21 PM   #87
Kishuu
Kishuu

I would like to go, as I missed last year and heard it was a good Con, but I live in Orlando, and have no ride out there, so it looks like I won't be able to go. I am however going to AFO, so I'll see some of you there.
Unread 06-09-2004, 02:12 PM   #88
Shigure#2

so, for any of the dances, like the ffball do u have to dress like an ff character? i heard theres another "club" like setting, do u have to dress up a certain way? or like from a certain series?
Unread 06-09-2004, 02:41 PM   #89
Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishuu
I would like to go, as I missed last year and heard it was a good Con, but I live in Orlando, and have no ride out there, so it looks like I won't be able to go. I am however going to AFO, so I'll see some of you there.
I live in orlando too, so If I end up going, I can probably give you ride (if you don't mind riding shotgun all the way to tampa)
::looks at avatar:: were you the girl megaman at jacon? i think i took a picture of you.
Unread 06-10-2004, 02:26 AM   #90
Skyline Kyo
Elysiam.org

Woah this con sounds interesting
and its not too far of a drive for me either...

Any SNK cosplayers plan on attending this?
Closed Thread