Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Spam Board > Archive

Unread 11-24-2002, 01:22 PM   #1
soshi
onna kaizoku

Harry Potter supersmallconthing/gathering?

OK, I don't know if this is the right forum or not... oh well. =P

I've been thinking ~ I'm a big nerd, and I love Harry Potter. (specifically Prof. Snape *points to icon* heh) dressing up to go see the movie is prettymuch the only time my friends and I get to wear HP costumes, because we've got other stuff to do and wear at cons.

next year, there's not going to be a Harry Potter movie ;_; they're pushing back Prizoner of Azkaban until 2004 because the kids parents want them to go to a real school instead of being tutored on set. =/ so.. no running around in HP costumes for another two years! aaaaaw!

SO, my odd little idea is, is there enough people to gather in one spot around Nov/Dec in California (that's where I live.. >.>) next year to have a Harry Potter mini-event? if enough people pitched in, I'm thinking we could rent a meeting room in a hotel for a day or so, and maybe have a costume conest, book discussions, maybe we can get people who DON'T blow things up while cooking to re-creat some of the nify deserts they show in the movie on Halloween.. y'know... stuff. ^^;

so.. anyone interested? ^^;

And yes, this means you.

Unread 11-24-2002, 01:33 PM   #2
Sami
» star*stealing girl

Aww, that would be cool if I didn't live on the East Coast! *shakes fist at Maryland* Ah well. ^_^;; Good luck!

sen - ti - ment - has - got - me - feelin'!
Unread 11-24-2002, 05:39 PM   #3
Babbit_Chan
Sarcasmic

No. or So. Cali 'cause I'm up in the northern area ^^; (Bay to be exact)
Unread 11-24-2002, 05:50 PM   #4
ChenCzen

sometime in the future im thinking of having a dueling outfit done, much like lockheart's. if i actually get it id love to go to your minicon.

'cept yall might throw me out cause im a hardcore deatheater. so lemme say now we arent racists. our wizarding kind have been hunted and persecuted for as long as muggles have been aware of us. witch trials, burnings, drownings... you name it. deatheaters are all about stopping muggles, and if need be disposing of them.

Slytherin Pride...
Unread 11-24-2002, 07:00 PM   #5
Celine
Remember me?

It sounds like a neat idea... too bad I live way too far away!! ^^ I will probably make a Hogwarts uniform at some point, and wear it for Halloween next year or something. Or, maybe I will have moved out to CA by next winter. You never know!
Unread 12-01-2002, 10:39 AM   #6
RealizeDOP
Lina <3 Eddeh

^^ Well this would apply for East Coast, but I think we are having a big group at Katsucon next year ^^