Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Kingdom Hearts

Unread 05-27-2004, 09:07 AM   #1
Ursula
Ursula the sexy sea witch

Cool ursula the sea witch costume for Kingdom hearts cosplay

help i need ideas on how to make an ursula costume if you know anyhting let me know thnks
Ursula is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-27-2004, 09:14 AM   #2
avskull
Seattle, WA cosplayer

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread...450#post707450

careful now ^.^ dont make too many thread about the same thing

Use a strapless dress pattern, except make the waist larger, most fabric stores have pattern in file cabinets. The dress and tactical would be the same fabric. Use packing foam to get the right weight look and also to stuff the tentacles. Use lots of reference picture as you go. it may get very hot so dont run or dance in it

Last edited by avskull : 05-27-2004 at 10:37 AM.
avskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2004, 12:47 PM   #3
LadyAmaryllis
Asparagus Eater

That's a pretty ambitious costume for the first try ^_^;;;

I would advise simplifying it, honestly. You'll regret it if you try to make an uber-awesome costume your first time. I wish sooo bad that I had waited longer to do the Dark Kingdom generals, because I could have made them so much better if I had waited until I had a bit more skill. Lol.

Anyway. If you're really set on doing this, like avskull said, I think you need to start with an evening dress and just make really long, puffy tentacles as the skirt. Maybe find a pattern with godets and omit the godets, and just put some foam in the little "spikes" that you would have left over. I know Vogue has a great godet pattern out right now, (I'm using it for my Princess Mars costume ^_^) but I can't remember the number. Sorry! Oh, and just in case. Godets = little "triangles" that are inserted into the skirt of a dress to make it fuller.

Otherwise...@_@ you aren't going to find an Ursula pattern. I guess just use your imagination! Good luck ^_^;;
LadyAmaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote