Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Dragon*Con

Unread 05-28-2004, 10:15 AM   #1
Heather
shadow.walking.tactician

Costumes! - What are you wearing?

Alright everyone! What costumes are you bringing to D*C?

I'm sure my list will change 4938903289034 times before then... but for now.

- my Tribe outfit (if some of the cast is going to be there again)
- Hannah Solo (my girl version of Han Solo )
- Murphy of The Boondock Saints (with my buddy as Connor)
- Rapid 99 of Jet Set Radio Future (roller blading during the parade!!)
- another Star Wars costume (not sure of what yet!)

What about everyone else?

"Suffering is the fuel in the engine of civilization." - Jacen Solo
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-28-2004, 10:23 AM   #2
Ragresen
Dazed and Confused

My Official List that may change

Kozi of Malice Mizer from the LeCeil Video
Stormtrooper Armor
Deathstar Gunner
Kris Kristopher from Battle athletes in School Uniform
Jinto from Creast of the Stars

The Kozi Cosplayer!
Ragresen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2004, 10:42 AM   #3
kelldar
kelldar the barbarian

mine, too, is totally subject to change
Ozma of Oz
Phoenix from X-Men
Shadowcat from X-Men Age of Apocalypse
Arwen Wedding Dress
Padme Battle suit from Ep II
Padme Wedding Dress
Lessa from Pern
Anna from Van Helsing

bleh
Unread 05-29-2004, 02:56 PM   #4
HealerKou
A Leaf on the Wind

Mine is subject to change, too. ^_^ But since this is my first Dragon*Con I plan on taking FULL advantage of the non-anime-ness!

A couple versions of Linsner's Dawn
Elektra
Lydia (Beetlejuice animated series version)
My Little Pony Girl
Femme Robin (Spoiler version)
HealerKou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2004, 10:41 AM   #5
aaobuttons
Everyday Cosplay Costume

This will be my first time Cosplaying at an event. I'm so excited. I got inspired to start from DragonCon last year. I just so enjoyed watching the people dressed up and posing for pictures. This year I'm going as:

Lulu (FFX) Main costume as I'm putting so much time and money into it.

Green Dragonrider Mirrim (Dragonriders of Pern) This is the costume I'm going to be wearing to most of the Weyrfest events.

Fairy (maybe Summer fairy with a Seasonal Fairy Group) I have to get a pic of me in my gear and see if they want to include me as "Summer".

I kinda also want to have my husband and myself go as Jesse and James from Team Rocket (Pokemon) but that one is a maybe. I don't have time to make them, so I would have to find them for sale somewhere pretty cheap.
aaobuttons is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2004, 02:34 PM   #6
RobTheStampede
anime stripper

Punisher from the new movie and Alucard from hellsing it might add some more later
^ ^'''
RobTheStampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2004, 10:37 PM   #7
Schuldig
You can't have my Sirius!

I can't wait to go this year. This is my list so far:

(subject to change or make me go insane)

LaLa Orange (for our Rainbow Brite color kids group)
Claudia (Anne Rice cast)
Satine (pink "sparkling diamonds" Moulin Rouge costume)
Marilyn Monroe ("Diamonds are a girl's best friend" pink dress)
Anita Blake (Anita Blake group/Cereulean Sins)
Dawn for the contest

and maybe if I feel like it, I'll finish my Evolutions Kurt (Nightcrawler) to run around in late or very early in the day. I might even be tempted to bring along my Hermione costume since I'm sure everyone will be bringing up their own Harry Potter costumes. I'm sure there's a costume I missed. I coulda sworn my Dragon*con list was longer.

Potter, let Malfoy kick it old school or it's detention!
Schuldig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2004, 11:54 AM   #8
Ravien
Meat Popsicle

My Costumes:

Ogre Fiona
Dawn (for contest again)
Sour Grapes (for American McGee's SS Group)
Ritz Malheur
Kim Possible

I also thought about doing a Crazy 88, but that all depends on how many I can get to mob together :P
Ravien is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2004, 03:49 PM   #9
kitsunered

Dawn (for contest).
Dawn again (different hall costume).
Trouble, my fire fairy original creation.
Ravenclaw Student from Harry Potter.
Possibly Jenny Sparks, since Warren Ellis is showing up. Depends on time and money.

I wanted to do a Blink costume from Age of Apocolipse, but I'm not sure if I can afford it this year. It may end up being put on the backburner until next year, along with my Silk Spectre (Watchmen) costume.

Since I'm unemployed at the moment, the costumes above are the only ones I can afford to do. Maybe that will change when it gets closer to convention time.

-K
(P.S. - Ravien, I'm really looking forward to seeing your Ogre Fiona costume. I always thought she looked better as an ogre and was hoping someone would do that version.)

Costumes for 2007: Ran (Texhnolyze), She-Ra (She-Ra: Princess of Power), Marie's Black Masquerade Gown (Sofia Coppola's Marie Antionette), EGA Plum Walking Suit (Original Design)

Cons for 2007: Katsucon (tentative), Animazement (tentative), MomoCon, Dragon*Con, Anime Weekend Atlanta
kitsunered is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2004, 04:01 PM   #10
Ravien
Meat Popsicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsunered
(P.S. - Ravien, I'm really looking forward to seeing your Ogre Fiona costume. I always thought she looked better as an ogre and was hoping someone would do that version.)
Alot of people say I look like her (just not as green )

I think she's beautiful as an ogre, maybe even moreso then when she's a human.

I'll be doing the purple dress from the beginning of Shrek 2 (since green silk velvet is too expensive) and I'll be using Ben Nye cake makeup to turn my skin green

Does anyone know if the green stains the skin? I'd hate to have green skin for Dawn so I'll have to plan costumes accordingly...
Ravien is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2004, 04:05 PM   #11
kitsunered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravien
Alot of people say I look like her (just not as green )

I think she's beautiful as an ogre, maybe even moreso then when she's a human.

I'll be doing the purple dress from the beginning of Shrek 2 (since green silk velvet is too expensive) and I'll be using Ben Nye cake makeup to turn my skin green

Does anyone know if the green stains the skin? I'd hate to have green skin for Dawn so I'll have to plan costumes accordingly...
I agree. She looks much better as an ogre. And I haven't had any problems with Ben Nye staining me at all except the orange and red, so I think you're safe.

-K

Costumes for 2007: Ran (Texhnolyze), She-Ra (She-Ra: Princess of Power), Marie's Black Masquerade Gown (Sofia Coppola's Marie Antionette), EGA Plum Walking Suit (Original Design)

Cons for 2007: Katsucon (tentative), Animazement (tentative), MomoCon, Dragon*Con, Anime Weekend Atlanta
kitsunered is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2004, 01:29 AM   #12
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Posted from another Dragoncon thread:

I might just bring 2 costumes: Shinji Ikari for the anime fans, and Hibiki Takane for the video-game fans. It'd be cool to take some pics with some Star Wars cosplayers like some Jedi Knights, to match their lightsabers with my cane-sword.. hehe
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2004, 03:14 AM   #13
DarkindDreamer

well this will actually be my first con, was going to go to animazment but funds got tied up with a roomie skipping town so we had to cover his rent and crapp.....

so.. as of what i have already and plan to bring:
Heartless Rikku (KH)
Elrond (LOTR)
Ichabod Crane (sleepy hollow) .. need to make glasses

.. i was going to do Lulu but since i see one person already doing it i'm sure when the time comes there wil been tons of Lulu's so i'll probabaly hold that out and do Elphaba from the Musical Wicked.. making her second act dress (i love the textures and layers) but making it a little more to my own likings. So i'll be in the same boat as Ravien with the green skin...
probably do a Crossplay of Dawn.. hehe.. something original for the contest.. since i have gotten hit on by guys at the local bars here in full drag i would love to see if the judges would even really notice.. plusi have her figure and could pull her off.

i'm sure things will change but i think i'm pretty set on the pieces i'm having to make.. and i have time . woooooooooo
Unread 06-03-2004, 12:32 PM   #14
Ragresen
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurobeat King
Posted from another Dragoncon thread:

I might just bring 2 costumes: Shinji Ikari for the anime fans, and Hibiki Takane for the video-game fans. It'd be cool to take some pics with some Star Wars cosplayers like some Jedi Knights, to match their lightsabers with my cane-sword.. hehe

Hey Al I can up that even a bit better for ya than matching up your cain to a Whimpy Jedi Knight. I am sure I would pull out my own with my Stormtrooper Armor for fun or let you and one of my friend that do a Sith Lord match up aginst ya. Trust me the darkside is much more fun.

The Kozi Cosplayer!
Unread 06-03-2004, 12:38 PM   #15
Ragresen
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkindDreamer
well this will actually be my first con, was going to go to animazment but funds got tied up with a roomie skipping town so we had to cover his rent and crapp.....

so.. as of what i have already and plan to bring:
Heartless Rikku (KH)
Elrond (LOTR)
Ichabod Crane (sleepy hollow) .. need to make glasses

.. i was going to do Lulu but since i see one person already doing it i'm sure when the time comes there wil been tons of Lulu's so i'll probabaly hold that out and do Elphaba from the Musical Wicked.. making her second act dress (i love the textures and layers) but making it a little more to my own likings. So i'll be in the same boat as Ravien with the green skin...
probably do a Crossplay of Dawn.. hehe.. something original for the contest.. since i have gotten hit on by guys at the local bars here in full drag i would love to see if the judges would even really notice.. plusi have her figure and could pull her off.

i'm sure things will change but i think i'm pretty set on the pieces i'm having to make.. and i have time . woooooooooo
First off Anime based stuff is sort of Rare at Dragon Con so far. Last year there was only one lulu I saw then entire convention. So bring along your Lulu if you have one. Dragon Con is a good Con to bring your best stuff out for. As to Dawn Crossplay for the Contest it has been done before, but not on a really serious note yet. Best of Luck with it as the winners from the last two years had great costumes and was showing much skin. I think because Dawn is known for showing skin those costumes get better points at the Contest.

Now After Staurday night I will likly have red and black staining about my eyes as I will have worn my Kozi LeCeil during the Masqurade or the after gathering that happens. I will not enter the Masqurade as mainly most will have littly clue or apprecation for a Jrock cosplay But a lot of my friends in the 501st and others that attend the Con all think it is the best costume to wear at the time I will and I agree.

The Kozi Cosplayer!