moonrabitt
Moonrabbit

Why such few cosplayer there?

I went and only saw:
2 yugis and a Bakura
1 Shishio
1 Prince Diamond
and like 10 other characters

Why so few cosplayers? There might have been a few more, but I expected more, and this was my first Con. Are there more on saturday?

-Just wonderin'

I went on sunday...

Unread 05-31-2004, 12:42 AM   #2
Clueless Case
unce unce unce!

I heard more people went on sunday. Don't forget this was the first PMX first year. I so tons of J-rock and Lolis and most cosplayers went to fanime.

Taking Wig Commissions
Clueless Case is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2004, 12:42 AM   #3
Ura-Kou
wankelwankelwankelPOP

This was PMX's first con, so not that many people showed. Just make sure to make it to AX.
Ura-Kou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2004, 03:41 AM   #4
Maryssa
Dragon Queen
STAFF OF d00m

I just felt like it was more like a "j-rock con" than an anime con.
Maryssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2004, 01:48 PM   #5
Ami Yuy
Not an active mod
Site Moderator

*nods* I agree with Maryssa. We went on Saturday and there were a good number of cosplayers in the afternoon. When I say good number I mean in proportion to any normal con. Take how many people are usually at a large con (like AX) and how many cosplayers are there and then compare it to PMX, it seemed about the "same" to me. Like there were 4 non-cosplayers for every 1 cosplayer or something.

But yeah, about 10 or more Naruto, 6 Cowboy Bebop that I saw, 3 Sailor Moon (me, a Princess Serenity, and a Sailor Saturn), some King of Fighters (5?), about 6 or 7 (that I saw) Final Fantasy, 1 Kenshin, and a huge group of Mibu Wolves (from I can't remember...) and some other random anime and video game characters.

So, there were quite a few Saturday. ^^;; But yeah, the majority were Gothic Lolita or J-Rock.
Ami Yuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2004, 02:15 PM   #6
kndy

Many of my friends who cosplayed said that for PMX, they were there mostly for the music experience and are preparing for AX and Ani-Magic for their cosplay. I was checking out the Fanime board and it seems that they experienced a similar situation on their first two days as well.

kndy
kndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2004, 11:23 PM   #7
aznaphrodite

I went to PMX all three days and cosplayed as well. I agree there were a lot less cosplayers than I excepted but I also think it's because most of the attendees were busy with their music experience and catching their favorite bands, instead of cosplaying.

It was still a lot of fun though!
Unread 05-31-2004, 11:45 PM   #8
Rogue Marvel
Pirate Love

well I know I stayed in a room with 5 other girls and for 3 it was there first con so they chose to wear our school uniform for fun some of the time. One wore my ed wig and the rest of the time they were in street clothes. My sister dressed up as nabishin the first day and then wore school girl and street clothes. Another girl in my room was excel, two diffrent school girls and street clothes.

I myself had a fruba costume, my pocky stand, school girl and a borrowed trigun costume from jen and on saterday night I wore street clothes for the PLC concert. The street clothes thing was just easier for some events especally the music stuff.

I know alot of people who would have gone to PMX went to fananime so there go some cosplayers...or they are still finishing stuff for AX.

I predict that PMX will be a bigger con for cosplayers in coming years...especally with the cash prizes in the masqerade
Rogue Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2004, 12:55 AM   #9
hoshikage
Zettai Cosplay Mokshiroku

*somewhat puzzled* You were there on Sunday? I saw plenty of cosplayers Sunday... there were certainly enough to fill out thirty-something groups in the Masquerade, anyway, and that's not counting the ones I saw earlier who elected to go to the concert instead.
hoshikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2004, 12:55 AM   #10
shinichiusagi

mi and mi friends were there for all 3 days, like you said, just maybe few people there, but it's easy to win the masq. contest. the winner is the shinshigumi group~ cool.
shinichiusagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2004, 02:50 AM   #11
L to the 3rd
aka Scrawny Squall

lol i was the prince diamond ^^;

Lack of cosplayers..o.o; there was.
Unread 06-01-2004, 05:13 AM   #12
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

o.o I saw more cosplayers on Saturday than Sunday, not including the masquerade. XD; I wore three costumes... two video game and one J-pop.

Part of it might be the fact that it was such a huge space, people were spread out a lot more, and we're used to seeing tons of people all over like at AX? @_@

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: Anime Los Angeles (January 9-11)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2004, 05:41 AM   #13
jen_kat
I feel...

I went with my cosplay group from school (UCLAJAC -- we were the 20-something group of Naruto cosplayers... ^^;;;...), and it seemed to me that there were more cosplayers on Sunday, but maybe because I saw most of them in the Masquerade. Other than that, around the convention center and all, I didn't see that many other cosplayers. Maybe I was looking in the wrong places. ?_?

It was cool though -- you'd see certain cosplayers over and over, so you could kind of get to know them a little more than you would be able to at a bigger con like AX because there was time to chill. I know I got to get to know some people better. ^_^ Plus, I made some new friends, so I'm happy.

(Though I have to say.. I did a running count on Monday, and I saw 21 different people wearing just official Naruto headbands....o_O)
Unread 06-01-2004, 12:18 PM   #14
BlueLady
slightly distracted

true, other then masquerade we saw a very small amount of cosplayers. It was a j-rockers con for certain.
Unread 06-01-2004, 12:47 PM   #15
FlameSniperRei
LORD OF THE LOOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonrabitt
I went and only saw:
2 yugis and a Bakura
1 Shishio
1 Prince Diamond
and like 10 other characters

Why so few cosplayers? There might have been a few more, but I expected more, and this was my first Con. Are there more on saturday?

-Just wonderin'

I went on sunday...
We were there I was Roof Mellow and my sister was the Prince Diamond/Demando. Our other gorup members either were working in the dealer's room or didn't feel like cosplaying cuz there was so few gatherings and everyone is saving up on costumes to show at AX....that's what it seemed like.

Last edited by FlameSniperRei : 06-01-2004 at 12:53 PM.
FlameSniperRei is offline   Reply With Quote