Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Unread 11-07-2016, 07:11 AM   #91
Lindiranae
Inquisitor

It peels off for the most part. I quite often find that it does leave some sticky residue behind, but once I've taken off the rest of my makeup with wipes, it's usually gone. Occasionally I need to take an exfoliant wash to it, which gets rid of the last of it.
Lindiranae Emerald Knight armor Design & prep

My planned projects:
Commander Shepard
Dovahkiin: Nightingale armor
Lindiranae is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-10-2016, 04:38 PM   #92
Charlemagne
Champion of Kirkwall

Late to the party, but I have a thought on the Merrill green fabric!

I think that a nice forest green linen would provide a textured, rustic look, so it doesn't fall as flat.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/010...v=1396419 773

Hawke - Dragon Age (100%)
Padme Amidala (Loyalist Committee Gown) - Star Wars (Planned)
Eowyn - Lord of the Rings (Planned)
Charlemagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2016, 10:01 PM   #93
Lindiranae
Inquisitor

There's been lots of Dragon Age stuff going on for me over the last few weeks, so I thought I'd post an update. I shall try to keep it brief!

First - the most exciting bit! Back in August I was fortunate enough to go to a DA gathering at Warwick Castle with 18 other Dragon Age cosplayers plus significant others and a bevy of helpers, photographers and videographers. Last week, The Eighty-Sixth Floor Music, who were our official directors and togs for the day, released the video they filmed! Please go check it out, as they've worked so hard on it these last few months and I'm still just in awe of the incredible costumes everyone put together.

I took Mahariel to MCM Birmingham at the end of November and finally managed to get a full length photo. It's hard to believe that I went to this convention a year ago as a brand new cosplayer in a half-finished costume! Cosplaying has become such a big part of my life over the last twelve months that in some ways, it feels like I've been doing it for ages but at the same time, it feels like hardly any time has passed at all. We were so late getting to the convention that we missed the panels we wanted to see and spent the time we had trying to get round the stalls, so we nearly left without any pictures at all and grabbed this one on the way out.

I chickened out of entering the masquerade (again!) because I'm so damn self-conscious about the wheelchair I can stand (painfully) for short periods but I don't walk very well without my crutches, and somehow I can't imagine even a battle-injured Warden wandering Thedas with black and hot pink crutches! The prospect of either taking the chair on stage, which I don't think shows my work particularly well anyway, or slooowly hobbling unaided across the stage in front of a packed audience were both utterly mortifying ideas. My husband suggested that I go up in the chair and stand up long enough to take a few steps and turn but I've taken that much verbal abuse over the years (and have been threatened with physical harm a few times) from people who believe all wheelchair users must be paralysed, otherwise they're faking it, that I got myself all wound up and anxious about it and decided that I would stick to admiring everyone else's work for the time being. I'll get there one day, I'm sure, but it just wasn't going to be that particular one!

I managed to get a fairly good haul of DA fanart, a gorgeous map of Thedas and a couple of autographs from Alix Wilton Regan (courtesy of a friend who attended on the Saturday, when Alix was there as we'd only booked tickets for Sunday, so I sadly didn't get to meet her in person).

I've finally made a start on Lindiranae, from whom I took my username, and have settled on her makeup. I'm so excited to be finally working on this project, as it was one of my first cosplay pipe-dreams back when Inquisition came out. It's been an interesting challenge to design, having only a couple of codex entries and the Emerald Knight statues to work from. I still need to settle on a style for my wig - the practical part of me insists that she would wear it tied up and out of the way, as loose hair and combat rarely mix well, but The Silver Knight specifically notes that her hair is unbound (or else it comes unbound during the battle) and I think it looks much more dramatic to leave most of it down with some braids and beads worked in.

And finally, I'm pretty much done with Lindiranae's sword, Evanura! As it has a master frost rune in Inquisition, I had originally intended to add some frost to the blade but I'm at that point where I'm not sure if adding anything else will just ruin all the work I've put in so far. I've been reading up on electronics for when I get around to building Commander Shepard's N7 armour and I'd quite like to rebuild Evanura at some point with a mini fog machine built in to give a similar effect to the in-game frost animations, so I'm tempted to leave this one alone now and go all out next time around.

My parents are friendly with a few metalsmiths who make armour and weaponry for re-enactment, and I'm so enamoured with this sword that I'm quite seriously considering saving up and commissioning Evanura to add to the family collection!

We don't have any more cons or meets planned until spring now, so I'll be spending the next few months getting ready for MCM in March. We've also just booked our tickets for the second Dragon Age weekend in June, so as well as updating Mahariel and getting Lindiranae ready, my husband and brother have asked for costumes, too (Sandal Feddic for my hubby and my brother wants to crossplay Empress Celene ) so it looks like I've got plenty to keep me busy! Here's hoping that 2017 is as packed with Dragon Age madness as 2016 has been.
Lindiranae Emerald Knight armor Design & prep

My planned projects:
Commander Shepard
Dovahkiin: Nightingale armor

Last edited by Lindiranae : 12-08-2016 at 10:25 PM.
Lindiranae is offline   Reply With Quote