Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Unread 11-30-2016, 06:51 PM   #31
MatoMiku1284
We're all soldiers now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Bubbles View Post
...Sexywatch is basically all of us just wearing booty shorts together and Kawaiiwatch is, well, pretty self explanatory.
Serious cosplays all the time can be so exhausting and me generally doing nothing at work allowed me to sit and think about such things.
mmMM Sexywatch sounds good, I love it c: and kawaiiwatch just sounds so cute (as it should lmao)
Yeaaah, as I'm still budgeting and purchasing materials for my S76 cosplay, I'm already getting exhausted so now I'm also doing a Dad 76 cause why the hell not? c:

Quote:
The cars in Oasis are either going to be a pain or they are going to be part of the most ridiculous flanking mechanics.
Oh man is it good? I'm a console player so I won't find out until the release the update.

Events 2017:
SUPANOVA Melbourne/Sydney/Brisbane
PAX Aus
- - -
Cosplays:
Soldier 76 [OVERWATCH] - 70% (Waiting for Jacket)
Morgan Yu [PREY] - 0% (Planning)
MatoMiku1284 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-01-2016, 06:06 AM   #32
Lost Cause
You're in my way, sir.

So I think I'm going to have to let D.va go as a project because I don't see how I can make her work at all.

EDIT: Mostly because I still have no clue how to do all her sponsor logos and stuff.

Downside is I have no clue which character to replace her with. =(

Instagram - Facebook

Last edited by Lost Cause : 12-01-2016 at 08:24 AM.
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2016, 06:02 AM   #33
MatoMiku1284
We're all soldiers now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
Mostly because I still have no clue how to do all her sponsor logos and stuff.
Would printable transfer paper work? (You know, those things you print on using inkjet printers and then you transfer it on by ironing it or something... it's along those lines) They would allow you to make highly accurate sponsor logos for her suit and you could place them on your material easily

Events 2017:
SUPANOVA Melbourne/Sydney/Brisbane
PAX Aus
- - -
Cosplays:
Soldier 76 [OVERWATCH] - 70% (Waiting for Jacket)
Morgan Yu [PREY] - 0% (Planning)
MatoMiku1284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2016, 09:48 AM   #34
Lost Cause
You're in my way, sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatoMiku1284 View Post
Would printable transfer paper work? (You know, those things you print on using inkjet printers and then you transfer it on by ironing it or something... it's along those lines) They would allow you to make highly accurate sponsor logos for her suit and you could place them on your material easily

I had thought of that, and did some high-res vectors of her various graphics, but I still can't find any consistent literature on whether those work on spandex without the ironing process wrecking the fabric.

Instagram - Facebook
Unread 12-02-2016, 12:20 PM   #35
Milky Bubbles
(◍•ᴗ•◍)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatoMiku1284 View Post
mmMM Sexywatch sounds good, I love it c: and kawaiiwatch just sounds so cute (as it should lmao)
Yeaaah, as I'm still budgeting and purchasing materials for my S76 cosplay, I'm already getting exhausted so now I'm also doing a Dad 76 cause why the hell not? c:

Oh man is it good? I'm a console player so I won't find out until the release the update.
Dad 76 is the way to go when you want to be Soldier 76 but without all the leather.
And he's just the best dad known to man so seeing people put the "dad" spin on stuff makes me so happy~

And the cars for Oasis can 1-hit kill you but you can...kind of ride them?
Mainly only with Reaper in his edgy mist form but other than that, they are insta death.
You can use them to throw you around the map, though so if people can get the hang of doing such things, stuff is going to get really rough, really soon. ;v;
The map is gorgeous, though!

The guy in this video talks but here is a short video showing off the map if you're not able to do the PTR's!

Click me to see Oasis!

-Various Overwatch stuff
-Purah, LoZ: Breath of the Wild
-Sakizo(This shouldn't be a surprise!)

fυтυrε cσsтυмε(s):

cσмρℓεтε∂ cσsтυмε(s) σf 2017:
-Card Captor Sakura

cσηvεηтισηs ι αттεη∂/ωιℓℓ вε αттεη∂ιηg:
Raleigh Super Con 2017?
Katsucon 2018
Momocon 2018

Milky Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2016, 12:21 PM   #36
Milky Bubbles
(◍•ᴗ•◍)

Quote:
I had thought of that, and did some high-res vectors of her various graphics, but I still can't find any consistent literature on whether those work on spandex without the ironing process wrecking the fabric.
Are you against wearing the printed zentai suits for D.VA?
I got myself a very nice B.VA one that I am going to build on!
You can also always go to a designer like Gun Head Designs or Crazy Franky and see what they have in store!

Don't give up, there are so many ways!

-Various Overwatch stuff

fυтυrε cσsтυмε(s):

-Card Captor Sakura

Raleigh Super Con 2017?
Katsucon 2018
Momocon 2018

Unread 12-02-2016, 12:41 PM   #37
Lost Cause
You're in my way, sir.

Quote:
Are you against wearing the printed zentai suits for D.VA?
I got myself a very nice B.VA one that I am going to build on!
You can also always go to a designer like Gun Head Designs or Crazy Franky and see what they have in store!

Don't give up, there are so many ways!
I'm not against it; I just want to do the project from scratch. Plus in some ways it looks wrong to me to have the pink straps and the quilted bits printed flat on the fabric when they're clearly not so on her model.

EDIT: Also I'm too short for the Gun Head Designs print anyway. ^.^;

Instagram - Facebook

Last edited by Lost Cause : 12-02-2016 at 04:00 PM.
Unread 12-02-2016, 05:50 PM   #38
Lost Cause
You're in my way, sir.

So in theory this should work, but it's only available in clear / light fabrics, rather than an opaque / dark fabrics version.

So I guess I'd need to just print the bunny on scrap white and sew it down.

Instagram - Facebook
Unread 12-04-2016, 05:59 PM   #39
Milky Bubbles
(◍•ᴗ•◍)

Quote:
I'm not against it; I just want to do the project from scratch. Plus in some ways it looks wrong to me to have the pink straps and the quilted bits printed flat on the fabric when they're clearly not so on her model.

EDIT: Also I'm too short for the Gun Head Designs print anyway. ^.^;
He can scale it down for you, actually. O:
Or you can give it to so many other designers that will scale it for you~
I've also seen a suit where the pieces aren't flat at all but it's horribly expensive and I understand you wanting to make the piece from scratch but...I dunno, just choose your battles wisely.

You can always build on top of the suit as well, I saw people that ordered the same B.VA suit as me turn the flat pieces into 3D pieces with pleather and filling!

That transfer paper seems like it will work well for you, though.
Let us know how that works out for you if you continue to pursue that way of doing things!
I have a serious love-hate relationship with D.VA's original skin, I wanted to cosplay it myself but dropped it the moment I saw B.VA. v
I also just love bees so...it all works out, haha.

-Various Overwatch stuff

fυтυrε cσsтυмε(s):

-Card Captor Sakura

Raleigh Super Con 2017?
Katsucon 2018
Momocon 2018

Unread 12-04-2016, 07:01 PM   #40
Lost Cause
You're in my way, sir.

Honestly, the big hurdle for me is having the confidence to wear it.

Since my last experience with a spandex heavy costume didn't end all that well and just showed off that I really don't have the figure for it yet.

Instagram - Facebook
Unread 12-05-2016, 09:20 AM   #41
Milky Bubbles
(◍•ᴗ•◍)

Quote:
Honestly, the big hurdle for me is having the confidence to wear it.

Since my last experience with a spandex heavy costume didn't end all that well and just showed off that I really don't have the figure for it yet.
Awww, I think you'll be absolutely fine!
Everyone loves D.Va in some way, shape, or form and I think the positive reactions to you wearing the cosplay will definitely help!

I wore my first Sakizo piece this year and I by no means felt I would be "pretty" enough to wear such a grandiose costume but all of the overwhelmingly positive reactions from total strangers helped me a lot. A LOT.

I totally understand, though, spandex is not very forgiving and I am extremely nervous about wearing my own B.Va suit because of how tightly it hugs the body but I'm pushing myself way out of my comfort zone and cosplaying Bayonetta in the future so...Yikes.

But I saw this video just a few minutes ago and thought of your and your cosplay!
I hope you find the confidence to wear it because I know you'll look just fine and you'll rock it!
And besides, after all of this hunting and help, why not go through with it, right?
(Or that's how I try to justify stuff...)

Click me for the video!

-Various Overwatch stuff

fυтυrε cσsтυмε(s):

-Card Captor Sakura

Raleigh Super Con 2017?
Katsucon 2018
Momocon 2018

Unread 12-05-2016, 11:14 AM   #42
Lost Cause
You're in my way, sir.

Quote:
Awww, I think you'll be absolutely fine!
Everyone loves D.Va in some way, shape, or form and I think the positive reactions to you wearing the cosplay will definitely help!

I wore my first Sakizo piece this year and I by no means felt I would be "pretty" enough to wear such a grandiose costume but all of the overwhelmingly positive reactions from total strangers helped me a lot. A LOT.

I totally understand, though, spandex is not very forgiving and I am extremely nervous about wearing my own B.Va suit because of how tightly it hugs the body but I'm pushing myself way out of my comfort zone and cosplaying Bayonetta in the future so...Yikes.

But I saw this video just a few minutes ago and thought of your and your cosplay!
I hope you find the confidence to wear it because I know you'll look just fine and you'll rock it!
And besides, after all of this hunting and help, why not go through with it, right?
(Or that's how I try to justify stuff...)

Click me for the video!
Yeah, I've been subscribed to her after finding her headset / pistol tutorial before she did that one.

Instagram - Facebook
Unread 12-07-2016, 10:59 PM   #43
Saltpeter
DANGER: Talks too much

I kind of had this idea bouncing around in my head. A Mercy/TF2 Medic mashup. Would be Medic for base, but Mercy's wings would come out of the Ubercharge pack, and the business end of the Caduceus Staff would stick out the end of the Medigun. Also, he'd have Mercy's halo dealy, but it would have an otolaryngologist's mirror attached to it.

No plans to make it at this time, but the thought's been burning in my mind. Opinions? It'd be great for crashing Overwatch and TF2 cosplay groups alike. Simultaneously. I got the idea at NYCC 2016, when I saw a bunch of TF2 cosplayers "protesting" Overwatch.

Next up? This guy!

ETC: NYCC 2016
Saltpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2016, 08:16 AM   #44
Milky Bubbles
(◍•ᴗ•◍)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltpeter View Post
I kind of had this idea bouncing around in my head. A Mercy/TF2 Medic mashup. Would be Medic for base, but Mercy's wings would come out of the Ubercharge pack, and the business end of the Caduceus Staff would stick out the end of the Medigun. Also, he'd have Mercy's halo dealy, but it would have an otolaryngologist's mirror attached to it.

No plans to make it at this time, but the thought's been burning in my mind. Opinions? It'd be great for crashing Overwatch and TF2 cosplay groups alike. Simultaneously. I got the idea at NYCC 2016, when I saw a bunch of TF2 cosplayers "protesting" Overwatch.
I've actually seen such a design!
Since TF2 and Overwatch are constantly being compared and mashed together, designs such as Mercy-Medic are everywhere and I think they're quite cute.

I say go for it! People have already created ridiculous AU's for Overwatch and cosplayed them(me being one of them) so let's all just hop on the crossover/silly AU train!

All that needs to be done is Blizzard just needs to have an event where hats are collected for absolutely no reason.

I think my absolute favorite cross over is Tracer and the Scout, though.

I mean, look at this. It's pure magic.

I also have to totally admit that the Medic would look great in Mercy's outfit.

-Various Overwatch stuff

fυтυrε cσsтυмε(s):

-Card Captor Sakura

Raleigh Super Con 2017?
Katsucon 2018
Momocon 2018

Last edited by Milky Bubbles : 12-08-2016 at 08:18 AM.
Unread 12-08-2016, 09:05 AM   #45
Saltpeter
DANGER: Talks too much

Haven't seen any in any of the cons I've been to. A Zarya Weapons Guy would be magical too.

Next up? This guy!

ETC: NYCC 2016
Saltpeter is offline   Reply With Quote