Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Unread 05-31-2016, 01:52 PM   #1
AJ the Collector
Collector

Anime North 2016 reports! Post yours here!

Who did you cosplay as?: Sanzee {hybrid of Sans and Gamzee}, Friday, Equius Zahhak, Saturday, AU Gamzee, Sunday

How many days did you attend for?: All three plus Thursday, stayed til the very end

Most memorable event/moment: The end-of-con bubble party, seeing drones filming the Undertale shoot and my Sunday Random Games shoot, having my first personal encounter with the legendary Sweaty Screamy Line Guy, Deadpool constantly inserting himself into photos during the Saturday Random Games photoshoot, the Marines marching all the way from around the Congress Centre to the One Piece photoshoot in a perfect routine, watching and heckling silly children's anime with others at the Saturday Morning Cartoon Bonanza {and all of us singing the Steven Universe theme song as a group too!}

Most unexpected event/moment: Drones spotted flying above the con area throughout the weekend

Most awkward event/moment: Friday and Sunday's Random Games photoshoots generating such tiny crowds

Favourite event/moment: Watching One Piece Film Z, the drones, the bubble party, the Marines, photobombing Deadpool, Soriel at the Undertale photoshoot

Least favourite event/moment: Not getting to meet Asami Shimoda {especially since two dickweeds cut in front of me in the ticket line}, finding out Brian Drummond was charging $20 for autographs, one of my friends having to leave on Friday because of a heatstroke, being too hot and tired to do any inividual photo-taking at the Saturday Pokemon photoshoot, having to cancel the Friday Random Games photoshoot due overwhelming lack of attendance, having to opt out of Disney Karaoke due to an insanely huge line, losing my new adorable fan, forgetting my free gift from one of the Nomi sellers, cracking my toenail on a big metal post outside the hotel on Friday afternoon while running to catch the bus

How much money did you spend?: About $300

Best cosplay you saw: There's no way I can decide!

How many pictures did you take?: 692 plus one short video

How far did you travel in order to attend the con?: From Thorold

How sad/happy were you when the con ended?: Let's face it, who's ever happy to witness the end of each year's Anime North? I wish it could happen 365, 24/7. In fact, I was incredibly sad upon leaving it all behind at the end this year and legit almost cried.

What variety of food did you eat over the weekend?: Cheerios, Pocky, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, apple-lime juice, chips {ketchup, sour cream and onion, fries n' gravy}, cola Faygo, chocolate soft-serve ice cream, apple, bananas, tangerine, Coke {regular, Vanilla, Cherry}, Dr Pepper, Mountain Dew, blackberry ginger ale, cheeseburgers {Harvey's original with cheese, Casey's classic bacon cheeseburger}, fries, beef poutine, milk, vanilla shake, chicken dango, hotel breakfast {waffle, ham, eggs, strawberry jam, raspberry jam, peanut butter, strawberry yogurt, orange juice, toast, croissant, milk}, peach yogurt, hot chili salad Pretz, ravioli, Twinkies, mango gummy, Gushers

What did you buy?: Coke {regular, Vanilla and Cherry}, figurines {Squall, Reno, Rikku, Dante, Knuckles, various Pokemon, Mario, Pooh, Tigger, Kanga, Franky, Brook, Miku, Kotori Minami, Drax, Silver Surfer, Wonder Woman, Wasp, Iron Man, Russia, Di Gi Charat cast}, plushies {Grell, various Pokemon, Toon Link, Boo}, DVDs {Little Snow Fairy Sugar OVA, Pikachu's Winter Vacation, Slayers OVAs, Doujin Works, Mahoromatic: Something More Beautiful just to prevent others from having to witness its supreme trashtacularity}, card lots {Pokemon, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh}, mini-prints {Animal Crossing, Link, Peach}, posters {One Punch Man, Death Note, Tokyo Mew Mew, Fullmetal Alchemist, Shaman King, Hikaru no Go, Fruits Basket, Love Live}, Harvey's food, chocolate soft-serve ice cream, chicken dango, Len Kagamine water bottle, Fire Flower charm, books {Scrapped Princess original novel, Garfield 20th Anniversary collection, Shonen Jump set, two issues of Shojo Beat}, One Piece notepad, stickers {Nico Robin sticker from Tokyo One Piece Tower, Forretress}, MLP valentines, autographed Wolverine sketch, Franky birthday card, L postcard art, Totoro bookmarks, Natsume and His Book of Friends kitty fan {but I lost it ;w;}, Himoto Umaru-chan rubber strap, Personal Trainer Cooking, 3DS charger

Things you won't miss: All the walking, the heat, the circus of hot crowded chaos that was the Nominoichi

And finally, what did you do when you got home from the convention?: Unpacked, undressed, put cooling gel on my sunburns, washed off my makeup and took a nice well-earned rest

Any additional stuff you wanna say?: There were things that could've been done better, but overall, this was still a great year! I hope next year is like this but even better!

Current cosplay plans:

L - AN 2018
Equius Zahhak - Trickster - AN 2018
Underswap Papyrus - AN 2018
Sans
Mr. Mayor (Animal Crossing: New Leaf)
Bartholomew Kuma
Sable Able
Dick Gumshoe
Penelope (Sly 3)
Clawdia (Fighting Foodons)
Deadpool - X-Force
Signless
Porrim Maryam
Sabin Figaro
Grell Sutcliff
James (Pokemon)

Soap may be a four-letter word, but use it anyway.
AJ the Collector is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-31-2016, 04:03 PM   #2
LugiaP2K
Shaman King Cosplayer

Who did you cosplay as?: Terokk (World of Warcraft) for a whole 2 hours on Saturday afternoon.

How many days did you attend for?: From about 2 on Friday to about 1:30 on Sunday.

Most memorable event/moment: ...honestly, I can't say I really had any. It was a fun weekend, but I didn't really do anything that stands out in my mind

Most unexpected event/moment: Not having any costume malfunctions as Terokk. I was so prepared for someone to run into me and snap my tail in half

Most awkward event/moment: Nothing really. I guess not having anyone know who I was, but I kind of expected that so it doesn't really count.

Favourite event/moment: Just being there. Again, I wasn't really up to much aside from shopping

Least favourite event/moment: Waiting 45 minutes for our dinner to show up at Milestones after we were seated at the bar. I have a feeling they forgot about our order, as people that ordered after us got their food long before us. And then being too tired to really eat.

How much money did you spend?: ...way too much. For the weekend alone (excluding hotel, tickets, cosplay) probably somewhere between $1500-$2000.

Best cosplay you saw: I don't know if I was just zoned out or what, but I didn't even seem to notice a lot of cosplays. That, and I'm not up on what's popular now, so I can't identify half of them. I did see a pic of an awesome Once Upon a Time group though, and I wish I had seen them.

How many pictures did you take?: I didn't take any, but my brother took some of the Random Games photoshoot on Saturday.

How far did you travel in order to attend the con?: About 45 mins.

How sad/happy were you when the con ended?: Honestly, not too sad. I had my fill of people, the heat, and walking by the time we left on Sunday. Of course now I'm already looking forward to next year.

What variety of food did you eat over the weekend?:

Friday - Mac and cheese at Montana's, turkey sub from Subway
Saturday - Breakfast buffet at Radisson, rotisserie chicken sandwich from Swiss Chalet, chicken fingers at Milestones
Sunday - Breakfast buffet at Radisson, Chinese food at home

What did you buy?: Entei plastic bead pixel art thing, Fate/Zero Saber Real Action Hero, Digimon figures (Kyubimon, Hawkmon, Wormmon), mini Digimon figures (Poromon, Hawkmon, Halsemon, Tokomon, Guilmon, Terriermon), Final Fantasy IX keychain set, Pokemon figures (Ho-Oh, Lugia, Mewtwo, armored Mewtwo), Lugia McDonald's figure, Pokemon kids figures (Lugia, Mewtwo, Entei), Mewtwo charm, Spirited Away Haku charm, Pokemon plush (Takara Tomy poseable Mewtwo, Pikachu dressed up as Lugia, Braviary plush keychain, Gengar), Digimon plush (Raidramon, Aquilamon, Halsemon, Renamon), Trinity Blood poster, Fate/Extra PSP game, Fate/stay Night Complete Collection, Digimon cards, Mewtwo Sprukit Model Kit, Fate/stay night Saber figma, Fate/stay night Triumphant Excalibur figure, POP figures (Smaug, Snow White, Prince Charming, Rumpelstiltskin, Emma Swan, Han Solo, Murloc), Cute but Deadly clear Arthas figure, Faerie Dragon plush, cat & fox earrings, Pokemon McDonald's Happy Meal display, Final Fantasy Cactuar keychain, Overwatch pendant, Moonkin pendant, Arakkoa pendant.

Things you won't miss: The heat.

And finally, what did you do when you got home from the convention?: Had a snack, unpacked, showed off everything we bought and just sort of relaxed.

Any additional stuff you wanna say?: This year was great. No real complaints aside from the heat ^^.

Anime North 2018 (May 25-27)

Jaina Proudmoore, Kul Tiras version (World of Warcraft); hopefully with a Medivh and Khadgar as well.
LugiaP2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2016, 04:29 PM   #3
SuperBee
Extreme chainmailler

Who did you cosplay as?:

Gyarados

How many days did you attend for?:

Friday, Saturday and Sunday

Most memorable event/moment:

A little kid asking to be in a photo then giving me a giant hug after.

Most unexpected event/moment:

Winning the Best Noice workmanship award. Totally unexpected. And NOT getting sunburned.

Most awkward event/moment:

Random people wanting to touch the scales without asking...

Favourite event/moment:

Poking fun at a Duskull who was in fleece who was dying from the heat. He was a good sport and used his giant sleeves as fans.

Least favourite event/moment:

Some random guy shouting at me saying it was a Gyarados mating call....

How much money did you spend?:

Not sure, will have to wait for the bill to come.

Best cosplay you saw:

Melcolley's was beautiful. This samurai Pikachu thing was cool. A squirtle dressed as a Ninja Turtle was clever. The boxy red Gyarados was neat too.

How many pictures did you take?:

How far did you travel in order to attend the con?:

An hour ish

How sad/happy were you when the con ended?:

Happy to get out of the heat. Sad that the weekend was over.

What variety of food did you eat over the weekend?:

Popcorn, granola bars, a hot dog, poutine

What did you buy?:

A DVD set, a vaporeon stuffy, pokemon sound track (for my summer employment....) Gen 1 pokemon trainer badges, 4 Tshirts, costume con pre reg, worbla, a key chain

Things you won't miss:

Sweating

And finally, what did you do when you got home from the convention?:

Had to go to a family reunion 45 minutes away.

Any additional stuff you wanna say?:

The South building layout was weird.

Got big things planned for next year!

"Captain Canada"
Pokemon trainer inspired something

Samurai Zapdos and Moltres
Revamped Scalemaille Gyarados with armour
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2016, 10:29 PM   #4
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugiaP2K View Post
Who did you cosplay as?: Terokk (World of Warcraft) for a whole 2 hours on Saturday afternoon.
HNNNNNGGGGG i can't believe I missed that

Official Anime North Forums

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2016, 01:35 PM   #5
xshedevilx
- Kami -

Who did you cosplay as?: Friday - Momoka (Fakku!) Saturday - Wonder Woman (Play Arts Kai Variant). Sunday - Deedlit (Record of Lodoss War).
How many days did you attend for?: All 3 along with Thursday. Was around until late Sunday evening.
Most memorable event/moment: The White Rabbit at the "Cosplay for ALL Sizes" panel who almost brought me to tears with her lovely speech about "If everyone just got along, and cosplayed, it would be more inviting and everyone would be so much happier." She was adament and relentless in sharing with everyone how the community NEEDS to be nicer. She was amazing. This young lady, alone, made everything I said ring clear.
Most unexpected event/moment: The amount of stranger nudity I saw. (not complaining) but everyone was WAAAAYY more open than in previous years in getting changed wherever they could.
Most awkward event/moment: The Saturday Western Comics/Movies shoot. It was so tiny, and I tried to take care of everyone but no one seemed interested in taking many photos so I called 'er quits early.
Favourite event/moment: Making new friends ^.^
Least favourite event/moment: Being too busy to actually browse the dealer's room/artist's alley AT ALL. I literally walked down probably two aisles? Ugh.
How much money did you spend?: About $200 including food.
Best cosplay you saw: My boyfriend's Parn cosplay. I made it all and was so thankful it held up even in the heat. He even got us a photoshoot, definitely made me happy.
How many pictures did you take?: HARDLY ANY!! My phone was always dead from looking up my schedule all the time T_T
How far did you travel in order to attend the con?: From KW.
How sad/happy were you when the con ended?: Always sad to leave, happy to have the experience.
What variety of food did you eat over the weekend?: Hard-boiled eggs, cheese strings, trail mix (cranberries and cashews), Montana's, Pizza, Poutine, Jack Astor's, Apples, Bananas, Veggies. My variety wasn't huge. I stuck to things I brought for the most part with the exception of dinners out.
What did you buy?:
Nomi: 3DS, Morrigan Aensland Figure, Samus Amiibo, Pikazard, Friend's Print, Small cat plush for friend's bday. Food.
Things you won't miss: The heat inside the TCC. The ignorant people in lines (I understand we were all waiting and it was hot but chill out). The lanyard girl - monster she is.
And finally, what did you do when you got home from the convention?: Slept, unpacked, cleaned my house, did laundry, put my figures up and boxes away, make dinner, cry about being back to reality.
Any additional stuff you wanna say?: The con is NOT responsible for YOUR hydration and protection. BRING SUNSCREEN AND WATER PEOPLE!!!!.

2018 Cosplays:
Super Sonico (White Unicorn)
Overwatch - Widowmaker (Talon)
Pocahontas (Disney)
Starcraft - Kerrigan (De-zerged)
Game of Thrones - Ygritte
Horizon: Zero Dawn - Aloy (variant tbd)
xshedevilx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2016, 04:40 PM   #6
LugiaP2K
Shaman King Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
HNNNNNGGGGG i can't believe I missed that
Heh, I'm noticing that seems to be the theme around here. I wish I could have worn it longer but I wasn't about to go inside in it and it was pretty late by the time I finished in the Dealer's Room/eating lunch.

I do want to revamp it a bit (and add the armor) so I might bring it again next year. Really depends on which hotel I end up at.

Anime North 2018 (May 25-27)

Jaina Proudmoore, Kul Tiras version (World of Warcraft); hopefully with a Medivh and Khadgar as well.
LugiaP2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2016, 06:08 PM   #7
Pasiphilo
Life Imitating Art

Who did you cosplay as? A Leaf Man (from Epic) on Friday and Saturday and grown-up/ghost Avatar Aang (from Avatar: The Legend of Korra) on Sunday.

How many days did you attend for? All three.

Most memorable event/moment: Playing in -- and actually surviving -- cosplay battle chess. That's always been my favourite event.

Most unexpected event/moment: Receiving a Hall Costume Award for my grown-up Avatar Aang cosplay.

Most awkward event/moment: As someone who always goes to the con on my own, wandering around solo sometimes feels awkward.

Favourite event/moment: On my walk to the car on Sunday afternoon to go home (in Aang cosplay), being asked for a hug by an Avatar fan. That was a nice note to end a great con experience on.

Least favourite event/moment: Standing in the weapons check line for 30 minutes in my Leaf Man armour with sweat dripping down my face from the claustrophobic heat.

How much money did you spend? About $10. Seriously.

Best cosplay you saw: Dark Spirit Avatar Korra (the one that torments her in Book 4)

How many pictures did you take? About a dozen.

How far did you travel in order to attend the con? About 25 minutes by car from Richmond Hill.

How sad/happy were you when the con ended? As usual, it was bittersweet. I was happy to have had so much fun, but sad that those many fleeting bonding moments with like-minded fans were over for another year.

What variety of food did you eat over the weekend? Boring fare from the cafeteria and fruit/nut bars.

What did you buy? Nothing besides food.

Things you won't miss: The intense heat and humidity.

And finally, what did you do when you got home from the convention? Showered, ate, and fell asleep.
Pasiphilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2016, 06:23 PM   #8
Pasiphilo
Life Imitating Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by xshedevilx View Post
Most awkward event/moment: The Saturday Western Comics/Movies shoot. It was so tiny, and I tried to take care of everyone but no one seemed interested in taking many photos so I called 'er quits early.
I think most people were probably too lethargic from the heat by that point in the day to be terribly expressive, but I definitely appreciated your coordination efforts. Your WW cosplay looked great, by the way.
Pasiphilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2016, 07:39 PM   #9
SuperBee
Extreme chainmailler

Quote:
Who did you cosplay as?: Friday - Momoka (Fakku!) Saturday - Wonder Woman (Play Arts Kai Variant). Sunday - Deedlit (Record of Lodoss War).

How far did you travel in order to attend the con?: From KW.

Any additional stuff you wanna say?: The con is NOT responsible for YOUR hydration and protection. BRING SUNSCREEN AND WATER PEOPLE!!!!.
Dangnit I missed you too!

Also headed back to KW with the surprise construction... LRT is going to drive me mad...

And YES... bring water and sunscreen... And deodorant...

"Captain Canada"

Unread 06-02-2016, 10:10 AM   #10
xshedevilx
- Kami -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasiphilo View Post
I think most people were probably too lethargic from the heat by that point in the day to be terribly expressive, but I definitely appreciated your coordination efforts. Your WW cosplay looked great, by the way.
Thank you!!! I kept staring at Leaf Man trying to pin point where it was from but my brain at that point was absolutely boiled. I did appreciate that people showed up even if for a bit.

@Superbee - I SAW YOU!!! But my feet were too sore from heels to make chase. Luckily we're not in the area directly of the LRT but we're close to Manitou Drive so we're dealing with that crap on our end. Ugh.

2018 Cosplays:
Pocahontas (Disney)
Unread 06-02-2016, 11:37 AM   #11
SuperBee
Extreme chainmailler

Quote:
Thank you!!! I kept staring at Leaf Man trying to pin point where it was from but my brain at that point was absolutely boiled. I did appreciate that people showed up even if for a bit.

@Superbee - I SAW YOU!!! But my feet were too sore from heels to make chase. Luckily we're not in the area directly of the LRT but we're close to Manitou Drive so we're dealing with that crap on our end. Ugh.
Oh good lord! My brother lives in that area too... The massive construction there is stupid. Aren't they building a round about there too? They just closed Victoria until September. I have no idea how to navigate around that...

I really wanted to see your wonder woman. Bummer.. Are you bringing it to any other con?

"Captain Canada"

Unread 06-02-2016, 01:29 PM   #12
xshedevilx
- Kami -

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
Oh good lord! My brother lives in that area too... The massive construction there is stupid. Aren't they building a round about there too? They just closed Victoria until September. I have no idea how to navigate around that...

I really wanted to see your wonder woman. Bummer.. Are you bringing it to any other con?
Yup, a round-about and expanded bike lanes on either side (can you say 'Deathtrap?').

I'll be re-wearing WW this weekend at NFCC, and again in September at Fan Expo for sure! I hope you didn't roast too much in your scalemaile, it looked AMAZING from where I stood. BUT HOT.

2018 Cosplays:
Pocahontas (Disney)
Unread 06-02-2016, 08:50 PM   #13
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Who did you cosplay as?: Twilight Sparkle Friday, Tali'Zorah vas Normandy Saturday, Motoko Kusanagi Sunday

How many days did you attend for?: All three plus Thursday and Sunday night.

Most memorable event/moment: Getting an award from the masquerade!

Most unexpected event/moment: Being handed another MLP toy at the Nominoichi, just like last year. ...I appreciate the gift but I really don't have room or need for a big talking Celestia toy. I'm gonna put it in our new apartment's laundry room with a "free" sign on it.

Most awkward event/moment: Going to the bathroom, getting a large piece of t.p. stuck on my Tali boots, and not being able to get the damn thing off without a straight thirty seconds of kicking my foot! Yuck, and embarassing...

Favourite event/moment: This year was so hot that I had almost no fun when combined with selling at Nominoichi and most of my Saturday being taken up by the masquerade. I'm not lying when my favourite part was getting the hell out of my costumes at the end of each day, back in the a/c of my hotel room.

Least favourite event/moment: Every single moment I had to spend outdoors, and waking up with heat rash on Sunday morning.

How much money did you spend?: Not counting my hotel or the cab to/from the con, about $300 on food and merchandise.

Best cosplay you saw: The Starcraft hydralisk.

How many pictures did you take?: None.

How far did you travel in order to attend the con?: From North York (not a long drive but FOREVER by TTC)

How sad/happy were you when the con ended?: I was incredibly neutral. The heat was so brutal that I had barely any fun this year and so wasn't that sad for it to be over so I could go back to appropriate clothes and staying inside where it was cool. On the other hand, sad that I practically wasted this year's con and wishing I'd managed to do more.

What variety of food did you eat over the weekend?: Cereal, doughnuts, juice boxes, onigiri, subway, sushi, pizza, a delicious pasta dish from Milestones, yam fries, granola bars, chocolate milk, waffles, and Jack Astors has a FANTASTIC seafood dip that I devoured on Sunday night...

What did you buy?: Food, a wig for my Costume-Con costume, a couple of Mass Effect prints, an adorable amigurumi bee, and some candy. Least amount of stuff I have EVER bought at AN, and I barely found anything I'd been looking for too.

Things you won't miss: The heat, the heat, the heat, the heat, and did I mention the heat?

And finally, what did you do when you got home from the convention?: Unpacked, did laundry, packed again because I had to travel to Guelph the next day (new apartment so had to do some lease signing and start of moving and things), wrote my con review and then spent most of the evening in my desk chair.

Any additional stuff you wanna say?: Worst AN ever, even with winning in the masquerade. Next year had better be a LOT better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2016, 06:16 AM   #14
Aeternus

Who did you cosplay as? Sadly, nothing I had a Tama (from Gintama) cosplay ready to go but the wig I commissioned was far too small for my big head and I realized it too late to order a new one or fix this one. I was in kimono for Friday and Saturday, though.

How many days did you attend for?
All 3 days.

Most memorable event/moment: Third time participating in the fashion show, specifically the kimono section. We got to meet and take pictures with the Consulate General of Japan and his wife, and at the end of the show, he picked which section of the fashion show he liked best, and the kimono section was chosen!

Most unexpected event/moment: Can't think of one. I was pretty busy for half of AN this year...

Most awkward event/moment: Stealing tissues from the Sheraton bathrooms to mop up all the sweat from my face...orz. Also, the "Tarot Card" reading I got at the Moonlight Ball made absolutely no sense, though it was still fun.

Favourite event/moment: The Rena Kaneta/KARASU performance (was not expecting anything going in, but ended up loving it); the 404's (in all my years of going to AN, I never got to see them and I finally did!); the fashion show, as always.

Least favourite event/moment: Shuttle bus confusion, particularly for the Moonlight Ball. My friend and I were very late because of this (and we weren't the only ones), and by the time we got there, we missed out on the finger food. We left early because 1) the buckle on my boot broke and 2) we were hungry and needed food more substantial than popcorn and jelly beans. Also, having my obi knot become undone twice in one day because it kept getting caught on things/people. It's really difficult to tie without a spare tie/belt and a mirror, so I had to enlist my friend to help.

How much money did you spend? Not counting tickets, cosplay/kimono stuff, and hotel costs, probably about $250? Definitely one of my more expensive ANs.

Best cosplay you saw: I'm biased and potentially showing my age here, but Sai and Hikaru from Hikaru no Go. I fangirled so hard when I saw them, especially since they both did an amazing job.

How many pictures did you take? Too lazy to look, but probably around 100?

How far did you travel in order to attend the con? From Sudbury, Ontario. I'm originally from the GTA, though.

How sad/happy were you when the con ended? Post-con depression is a thing, man. Still, I was pretty glad to get away from the heat and humidity (it's warm in Sudbury, but definitely not as humid!).

What variety of food did you eat over the weekend? Different breads and pastries from Ocean's, tako (octopus) chips, onigiri, takoyaki, gyoza, fajitas (from Jack Astor's), calamari and chicken quesdillas (from Lone Star Texas Grill), ice cream...probably some other things I'm forgetting.

What did you buy? Myrtenaster replica, two kanzashi (hair ornaments made from folded fabric), Clow Card set, a Time Key necklace (from Sailor Moon), and a Tiger & Bunny puzzle.

Things you won't miss: THE HEAT AND HUMIDITY.

And finally, what did you do when you got home from the convention? I passed out on my parents' couch. Even when I got back to Sudbury the next day, I was enormously exhausted and didn't even unpack until several days later.

Any additional stuff you wanna say? Hopefully, I'll have my Tama cosplay ready to go for next year! I'm sad I didn't get to wear it. Also, Gintama photoshoot, anyone? xD

Last edited by Aeternus : 06-06-2016 at 06:19 AM.
Aeternus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2016, 02:02 PM   #15
Shimi
Zombie the Hedgehog

Who did you cosplay as?: Eren Yeatger (attack on titan)

How many days did you attend for?: all 3 (left @exactly 2:30 sunday)

Most memorable event/moment: Saturday's Attack on Titan photoshoot. At one point, my friends tried to shove me into the shot so I pretended to fall on my face. I managed to shock my friends and get pretend-stomped by Captain Levi, so it was totally worth getting grass on my shirt! Getting to be held bridal style by both Reiner and Armin at the shoot was also memorable. Thanks guys!

Most unexpected event/moment: Meeting the Levi cosplayer on the way back to my hotel on friday. It was the first Levi cosplay I recognized and she pointed at my sisters sexy AoT body pillow and said "Eren, I told you not to let those pictures get out!" I was speechless! In the end, I blamed Armin (my sister), who blamed Hanji, who Levi said will be on toilet cleaning duty for a month! (To which i happpily cheered "Yay! I'm off cleaning duty for a month !" It was fun.

Most awkward event/moment: um... shirts soaked from sweat (surprisingly enough, the back of my shirt was completely soaked under the harness, but the armpits were completely dry! Thank you Lady Speed Stick!) Thankfully, I made more than one shirt.

Favourite event/moment: see most unexpected moment. (It's pretty much tied with being held bridal style.)

Least favourite event/moment: Melting. Left the nominoichi early because it was wayyy too hot. (Even the air felt heavy in there! Felt kinda bad for the Cookie Monster...)

How much money did you spend?: about $200 excluding food, I think.

Best cosplay you saw: You expect me to choose?! (Argh! There were so many!)

How many pictures did you take?: none, because my phone sucks and my hands shake when they hold such devices.

How far did you travel in order to attend the con?: From Niagara Falls (Canadian-side)

How sad/happy were you when the con ended?: a bit of both. Sad to have missed that bubble party.

What variety of food did you eat over the weekend?: chicken strips and fish & chips (both from orchid cafe), more chicken (swiss chalet), muffins, chips, sub from subway (i forget what kind already), juice, water, and a rice ball.

What did you buy?: Eren, Mikasa, and Levi AoT figma action series figures from the nominoichi, a pillow, and 5 books/manga.

Things you won't miss: melting.

What did you do when you got home from the convention?: took a pic of my cosplay while i still had it on, ran away from a mosquito, showed off the stuff i bought, got dinner, watched tv, went to bed.

Any additional stuff you wanna say?: This years con was lots of fun! Can't wait to go again next year!
Anime North 2015: Dark Pit (Kid Icarus Uprising)
Ànime North 2016: Eren Yeager (AoT)
Anime North 2017: Kuro/Sleepy Ash (Servamp)
Shimi is offline   Reply With Quote