Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Unread 03-11-2017, 08:06 PM   #76
SuperBee
Extreme chainmailler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelColley View Post
Looks like I have a sudden change of cosplay plans and will be doing Link from Breath of the Wild this year! Kind of sad though because there doesn't appear to be a scheduled Zelda photoshoot yet. Anyone else cosplaying Zelda stuff?
One of the days I may bring out my Legend of Zelda kimono. I want to make / paint a majoras mask on an umbrella... I don't know how do to that yet..

Love the Breath of the Wild Link (and the game itself). Must get pictures of that!

Progess: I started making pants... never made pants before. .. Pants are HARD.... Want to add detailing with vinyl later... but I made PANTS! I have a week off so let the progress begin.

I also would like some warmer and less snowy days so I can spray paint my shield.

"Captain Canada"
Pokemon trainer inspired something

Samurai Zapdos and Moltres
Revamped Scalemaille Gyarados with armour
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-29-2017, 11:48 AM   #77
hangyaku

I'm really excited for this year because my lineup is going to be all new stuff for once

Am definitely bringing Keith from Voltron and Katsuhira from Kiznaiver. If I have time I might try to mcguyver a third thing as well but I'm not counting on it at this point because the other two are gonna take up most of my time for the next little while.

Hoping to get Keith completely done by end of April and have May to focus on Katsuhira but we'll see XD;;

~Anime North 2017~
Keith - Voltron: Legendary Defender
Katsuhira Agata - Kiznaiver
hangyaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2017, 10:33 PM   #78
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
One of the days I may bring out my Legend of Zelda kimono. I want to make / paint a majoras mask on an umbrella... I don't know how do to that yet..

Love the Breath of the Wild Link (and the game itself). Must get pictures of that!

Progess: I started making pants... never made pants before. .. Pants are HARD.... Want to add detailing with vinyl later... but I made PANTS! I have a week off so let the progress begin.

I also would like some warmer and less snowy days so I can spray paint my shield.
Pants are hard.

Sewing pants make me wish I had zero shape. Shape adds confusion and anger to sewing.

Makes me nervous to adjust the size of my wardrobe but I've lost enough weight that I look like a hobo in my current arsenal of pants.

Official Anime North Forums

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2017, 08:01 PM   #79
Shimi
Zombie the Hedgehog

I'm surprised there aren't more posts here by now! I've narrowed down my options to Teito Klein from 07 Ghost or Sleepy Ash/Kuro from Servamp. Kuro would be best because of the bags I know I'll have under my eyes. Problem is that I expected Servamp to be popular this year & I don't want to be one of 100 Kuros! Teito is next option, but I gotta pick one soon so that I have the time to order a wig for Kuro and/or proper shoes!
Currently, I'm thinking "Dibs on Sleepy Ash (Kuro from Servamp)!"
Anime North 2015: Dark Pit (Kid Icarus Uprising)
└nime North 2016: Eren Yeager (AoT)
Anime North 2017: Kuro/Sleepy Ash (Servamp)
Shimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2017, 08:07 PM   #80
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimi View Post
I'm surprised there aren't more posts here by now! I've narrowed down my options to Teito Klein from 07 Ghost or Sleepy Ash/Kuro from Servamp. Kuro would be best because of the bags I know I'll have under my eyes. Problem is that I expected Servamp to be popular this year & I don't want to be one of 100 Kuros! Teito is next option, but I gotta pick one soon so that I have the time to order a wig for Kuro and/or proper shoes!
This forum is pretty dead. I actually am now finding the photoshoot forum for AN is more alive then cos.com. Feel free to post whatever there (or make this thread there).

Also, it seems like Servamp won't be a huge hit this year from looking at what people are posting on Facebook as their cosplay lineups. I think you are safe!

Instead there will be 100 Yuri's/Victor's/Yurio's etc.

I'll be one of them.

Official Anime North Forums

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2017, 09:44 AM   #81
SuperBee
Extreme chainmailler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
Pants are hard.

Sewing pants make me wish I had zero shape. Shape adds confusion and anger to sewing.

Makes me nervous to adjust the size of my wardrobe but I've lost enough weight that I look like a hobo in my current arsenal of pants.
Tell me about it! The pants will be the death of me! I purposely made it one size larger than I wear and I fear that my butt will burst! I have to figure out how to add a little room because patterns don't fit my body type.

On another matter: I don't think I'll fit into any photoshoot this year haha

"Captain Canada"

Last edited by SuperBee : 04-14-2017 at 09:47 AM.
Unread 04-15-2017, 01:23 AM   #82
CeruleanThorn
Sailor Moon Trash

Quote:
I don't think Servamp will be too popular, but I've been wrong before. I'd love to see a Kuro cosplay though.

I still plan to do Blake Belladonna on Saturday but Sunday is a toss up. I decided if I have Sailor Neptune done, I'll go as her, but if not then I'll probably remake my Rin Tohsaka shirt and roll with that. I should really do more cosplays geared towards summer weather, but it's generally cold for my local cons so I never think about it.
CeruleanThorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2017, 04:29 PM   #83
Shimi
Zombie the Hedgehog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
Also, it seems like Servamp won't be a huge hit this year from looking at what people are posting on Facebook as their cosplay lineups. I think you are safe!
THANK GOD!!! Because I am definitely going to be cosplaying Sleepy Ash (Kuro)! (Sealed that fate when I bought the wig and shoes!) I don't mind not being the only one, I just don't want to see a small army of us! Because that would suck.

But I'm surprised that cosplay.com's popularity would slip... Kids these days!
Anime North 2015: Dark Pit (Kid Icarus Uprising)
└nime North 2016: Eren Yeager (AoT)
Anime North 2017: Kuro/Sleepy Ash (Servamp)

Last edited by Shimi : 04-28-2017 at 04:35 PM.
Shimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2017, 09:26 AM   #84
SuperBee
Extreme chainmailler

Quote:
THANK GOD!!! Because I am definitely going to be cosplaying Sleepy Ash (Kuro)! (Sealed that fate when I bought the wig and shoes!) I don't mind not being the only one, I just don't want to see a small army of us! Because that would suck.

But I'm surprised that cosplay.com's popularity would slip... Kids these days!
Makes me feel old...

I want to do something breath of the wild sooooo bad......

"Captain Canada"

Last edited by SuperBee : 04-29-2017 at 09:30 AM.
Unread 05-25-2017, 03:39 AM   #85
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

Why must it be raining today as I need to finish spray painting.... there is microtexture in my paint from the rain on my shoulder armour....

I need to un-sew my lining and sew in some buckram for support on my shoulder and chest in my dress now. Need to sleep, need to finish belt and wig....... so behind.

FanExpo '17
Merida - Brave (Saturday only)

Anime North '18
Steven Universe ?
Sakizou Ms. Anniversary

Future cosplays/cons:
Lagertha - Vikings, Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items, wigs, and materails for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!

Last edited by WARPAINTandUnicorns : 05-25-2017 at 03:42 AM.
WARPAINTandUnicorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2017, 07:10 AM   #86
SuperBee
Extreme chainmailler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARPAINTandUnicorns View Post
Why must it be raining today as I need to finish spray painting.... there is microtexture in my paint from the rain on my shoulder armour....

I need to un-sew my lining and sew in some buckram for support on my shoulder and chest in my dress now. Need to sleep, need to finish belt and wig....... so behind.
You can do it!

"Captain Canada"

Unread 05-25-2017, 08:21 AM   #87
xshedevilx
- Kami -

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARPAINTandUnicorns View Post

You've still got time and determination, go go go! You can do this! Focus, but don't let yourself get too drained.

2018 Cosplays:
Super Sonico (White Unicorn)
Overwatch - Widowmaker (Talon)
Pocahontas (Disney)
Starcraft - Kerrigan (De-zerged)
Game of Thrones - Ygritte
Horizon: Zero Dawn - Aloy (variant tbd)
xshedevilx is offline   Reply With Quote