Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Animazement

Unread 06-01-2004, 12:36 PM   #1
FRANK THE BUNNY

what to do till next year

yello, This was the first convetion ive evere been to and i had the time of my life. i cant wait a whole nother year for this, are there any other kinds of convetions or somthing to do with cosplaying till then?
FRANK THE BUNNY is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-01-2004, 01:34 PM   #2
SakeNinja2
Resident Drunk Ninja

Yeah there is, it's called Anime Weekend Atlanta (AWA), come par tay with us in Sept!
Unread 06-01-2004, 01:39 PM   #3
FRANK THE BUNNY

I would loved to but i meant cons in NC, i wouldnt be able to make it
Unread 06-01-2004, 01:49 PM   #4
fairel
Mistrusts certain flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakeNinja2
Yeah there is, it's called Anime Weekend Atlanta (AWA), come par tay with us in Sept!
yeah the spatula ninjas are also totally going to AWA... we are totally going to have to battle you with our spatulas!
Unread 06-01-2004, 01:53 PM   #5
GreatSG
Riding the Storm Out

I'm going to Otakon, hopefully I'll have a job so I can have con cash and get ready for next year. And just so everyone else going to Otakon know, Dr. Hentai will be there!
GreatSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2004, 02:49 PM   #6
End Lifeking
Some Guy of G.n.F

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANK THE BUNNY
I would loved to but i meant cons in NC, i wouldnt be able to make it
I have checked all over and I haven't really found anything else in NC. Im in fayetteville(THIS PLACE SUCKS) and I have been trying to get cosplay meetups by using meetup.com but unfortunately no luck so far. So I guess the only thing I can do till next yr's con is just get ready for college(NC A&T), continue with my writting(Los Libros/Hell Pages productions PM me if you want more info about that) and start working on my costumes for next yr.(if I don't now I won't start until its too late)....Damn....now that I look at it I guess I got alot to do.....
End Lifeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2004, 05:41 PM   #7
Dinahsprodigy
The drabble slut

AWA! Rock on!

Chii and I are most definitely going to AWA, and we plan to have a whole Chobits group. One of our friends is going as Hideki, and two others are going as Zima and Dita.

Anyone want to volunteer for Plum and Shimbo?

See you at AWA!
Dinahsprodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2004, 05:49 PM   #8
Kasumiangel

As much as I'd love to go to another con, either AWA or back to Otakon (went 2001 and 2002), we just can't afford to. ::sighs:: In the mean time however, we had a great time at Animazement and are already making plans for next year. We learned a lot about trying to walk around in costumes with a lot of jewelry and stuff because we ended up doing a lot of repairs before cosplay, so next year we're doing two costumes, one for cosplay and one that's practical for walking around the con. So that's what I'm gonna be doing at least as far as cosplay goes... there'll still be work and school (I'm starting my master's degree so that will probably be time consuming) and family and all that fun stuff.
Kasumiangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2004, 05:52 PM   #9
Invincible Kaji
Shot by a Penguin

Well, with any luck, I might make both Otakon and AWA. I'll see you folks there if I do.
Invincible Kaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2004, 11:03 PM   #10
Hikaruchan
Have camera, will travel

I'll be at Otakon, DragonCon, and MTAC before next AZ. May throw in one or two more cons in depending on work.
Hikaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2004, 11:17 PM   #11
SongstressDonut
Lead me to your heart

sadly i will not be able to go to another con b/4 next year's animazement... but i will be there... prolly as Megumi if i can learn to sew and do my own costume! XD ^^;
I know they're reaching you,
suspended on silver wings...

a 1000 words....
SongstressDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2004, 03:38 PM   #12
DDR Faery Spice
not dead yet

I'm hoping for Otakon, but if that falls through, then AWA sounds nice. I dunno who I'd cosplay--probably Millia from Guilty Gear. I may even make a random Persocom outfit!! ^_^ I wanna make giant ears and fit a gameboy SP in one of them, with cords trailing from the gameboy to the ear. It would kick rocks.

Someday I'll actually finish sewing more than a day before the con....someday.
DDR Faery Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2004, 06:34 PM   #13
quadrain61
Hampsters are evil

OTAKON!!!!!!!!!! Till then I work 6 days a seek never knowing when to get my stuff back from Link Arroway. If I'm lucky I'll go to AWA. (chances for AWA 1/1000000000)
Unread 06-02-2004, 07:27 PM   #14
Finding Beauty
trust me, i'm a doctor

I would like to make it to Otakon, but at this point the only con I'm certain of going to is next year's Animazement, since I went ahead and preregistered at the con ($25 vs. the $45 I paid this year isn't bad!). I'm thinking of AWA, since I have some friends who have said good things about it, or Nekocon, because they're both reasonably far away as far as time goes, but not that far in distance.

I might also be in Florida in July and able to steer my way into Metrocon, but that's up in the air. I'd really like to go to Otakon, since it's pretty much an ultimate con sort of thing, but I think it's too close to AZ, so I probably won't have the funds or the time. Then again, it is close to my birthday, so maybe I can maneuver it. Who knows.

As for the person who was asking about cons in North Carolina, there's Trinoc*con in Durham, from July 23-25. I don't know anything about it, really, because all I did was pick up a flyer at AZ, but from what I understand, it's more of a general science fiction convention than anime-oriented. Sounds fun -- I might actually be going to that one.
Triad Anime Convention; Greensboro, N.C.
Animazement; Raleigh, N.C.
HeroesCon; Charlotte, N.C.
Dragon*Con; Atlanta, Ga.
NC Comicon; Durham, N.C.
Finding Beauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2004, 07:16 AM   #15
FRANK THE BUNNY

[quote=End Lifeking]I have checked all over and I haven't really found anything else in NC. Im in fayetteville(THIS PLACE SUCKS) and I have been trying to get cosplay meetups by using meetup.com but unfortunately no luck so far. [quote]

hey thats not a bad idea, i live in Erwun wich is only 45 min away from fayetteville. Do u know any places that would be good to rent for a cosplay meeting night or something?