Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Sweden

Unread 08-15-2016, 04:08 PM   #1
ninuii

Cosplay-Travel through Sweden

Hello everybody!

My name is Nina from Germany and I am a cosplayer since 2013 and also enjoy cosplay photography.
Currently I am planning my next vacation for 2017 and I was thinking about travelling through Sweden and visiting a con there. I thought this would also be a nice opportunity to meet and get to know fellow cosplayers from another country (anyway, going to a con all alone is not as much fun, is it?). I will bring my camera to Sweden and can also offer some photo shootings if you are interested.

Nothing is settled yet but I am thinking about visiting Malmö, Linköping (for NärCon Sommar!) and Stockholm each for a couple of days in summer and it would be great to meet other cosplayers and make friends.

Please feel free to contact me. I am always happy to get to know new people!
ninuii is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-17-2016, 07:16 PM   #2
Blood_Sword
aka Shiro Samurai

Hello!

Sounds like you're up for quite the trip! I hope you'll enjoy yourself and meet a lot of cosplayers. I live very hiiiiiiigh up in the north so we likely won't meet, except for at Närcon Sommar, assuming I can make it there next year as well – I was there this year, you can read my summary here.
Regarding cons in Sweden Närcon is by far the biggest and most popular one currently and it's worth a visit, even though it has its faults. We used to have Uppcon too but the con doesn't exist anymore (last time it was held was in 2012).

I love to meet people from all over the world so yeah, if we manage to meet then that would be awesome! I could also recommend some cons in Finland but I assume you'll stay within Sweden, hehe...
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2016, 11:40 AM   #3
ninuii

Hey there

Thank you very much for your reply!
I read through your summary - and wow! It is really detailed and makes me rather excited when I think of going there next year.

Unfotunately, my time in Sweden is very restricted - it is only some days of vacation after all - so I don't think I will make it to the north of Sweden or Finland. Maybe another time.
Anyway, I am optimistic that we will find a chance to meet at NärCon - I would certainly look forward to it!
ninuii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2016, 05:41 PM   #4
Frozen Angel
aka Jäätynyt Enkeli

Hello Nina!

I hope you see this reply even if I'm a tad bit late replying... I haven't checked the forums for a while, haha x)

It's really nice to hear that you plan to visit Sweden and I hope you have a nice vacation! As Blood_Sword already mentioned, Närcon Sommar is definitely worth a visit despite its faults. Yupp, conventions are always more fun if you have friends! ^w^

I don't know if I will attend Närcon Sommar next year (haven't been there since 2014) it will depend on my economy, what the con is offering and if my friends are going. But I'm a bit tempted to go as Närcon has this festival-feel to it that no other con up here has. We'll see.

Oh and if you want to visit a con in Finland, I personally recommend Tracon out of the 3 big Finnish cons. These are Animecon (no set city), Tracon (Tampere) and Desucon (Lahti). Sadly Finnish cons -including Tracon- tends to be only 2-days, compared to the Swedish cons that are usually 3-day ones. I've been to all of the big cons in Finland, save for Desucon. But I've been to Desucon Frostbite which is in the same building and city as Desucon, but during winter. Out of all those cons, Tracon is the only one I regret about missing out, like I did last year. It's by far the best one according to me and my friends when it comes to overall con atmosphere/feeling, photoshoot possibilities (even outside the con) and the con building itself. Tampere is also a beautiful city, something I found out during this year's Tracon visit which you can read about here, if interested. Sadly, I didn't realize to take photos of the city but I had fun exploring Tampere together with my friends

I hope you found this information useful and feel free to ask questions if you have any. I do my best to help out and reply, as it makes me really happy to be able to help others.

Hope to see you around and Achte auf Dich!

Last edited by Frozen Angel : 10-10-2016 at 08:52 AM.
Frozen Angel is offline   Reply With Quote