Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Unread 06-03-2004, 09:42 AM   #1
KawaiiNeko85

Exclamation Somebody, HELP!!!!!!!

I combined Amphigory's method of cutting bangs and Katie Bair's method of making a clean part for pigtails into mid-length wig. I had the intention of putting each pigtail into a giant curl (for Sailor Iron Mouse), but now have found that with the extentions added in the tails are too thick. I don't think that I'll be able to curl them right. Should I try to thin the tails out? how do I do that without making them so short they come out of the ponytail holder? What do I do?
Also, I tried the wig on, but can't seem to get it to cover everything. it either shows a tiny bit of my cap at the bottom or at the top.

edit: I'm about to lose my mind here because the curls aren't curling, and the tails are lumpy and I have spent too much money and time on this thing to not wear it at the con. I seriously may need the wig because I'm about to tear out my own hair. I promise I'm not totally crazy, and I'm probably overreacting since I'm the one trapped in the current situation. I'm supposed to wear this on Saturday (two days from now), so I'm starting to freak out.
Someone please help!!!

Last edited by KawaiiNeko85 : 06-03-2004 at 04:22 PM.
KawaiiNeko85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-03-2004, 08:48 PM   #2
megumibish
I should be drawing Yaoi.

I'd say you need to take the hair in the furthest middle of each ponytail and thin it gradually. Then curl the hair with the remaider of the hair.
Unread 06-03-2004, 11:21 PM   #3
DarkindDreamer

you could also take the hair towards the enterior of the tail and with it on your head tie that hair together, either cutting it short, or rolling it tight.. then take the hair that you can see (outside hair) and put it in a pony tail over it, this would also make it to wear you could take out the pny tails and not have short hair pieces. it would also keep there from being short whispies if you just thinned the hair out.
Unread 06-05-2004, 11:26 AM   #4
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

And when you put the wig ON, start at the back. when you do, have someone hair pin it on. THEN stretch it over to the front and hairpin. Once it's completely on, wear it around for a little while until it feels comfortable. (so the wig can stretch)

~Ari-chan
Unread 06-06-2004, 12:56 PM   #5
KaraokeKate
The Wig Lady

Cut the extension pieces out and curl the actual wig fiber. (It curls more easily.) Also, don't try to curl too much at the same time, or not enough heat will get to the center.

-Katie

www.katiebair.com
KaraokeKate is offline   Reply With Quote