Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Sakura Con

Unread 11-14-2016, 01:57 AM   #16
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Anyone cosplaying from Sword Art Online Hollow Realization? Their outfits are specific to that game so....Once I find an outfit for my created character that I like the best, I'll be making a cosplay of it.
-Created Character [SAO Hollow Realization]
-Cloud [Dissidia Final Fantasy]
-Red [Pokemon Fire Red]
-Gohan [DBZ]
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-27-2016, 01:36 PM   #17
paintedrocket
Professional dork

I know I definitely wanna do Saizo from Fire Emblem Fates and Pidge Gunderson from the new Voltron!

However, if I have time, I'd also wanna make a separate cosplay for Halloween. I'm thinking either Painwheel or Filia from Skullgirls or Gaius from Fire Emblem Awakening (Painwheel or Filia for the cutesy horror aesthetic, and Gaius mostly because at that point I'd be I'd be slipping into "too old for trick or treating" territory, and if anyone would keep trick or treating long past the age where it's deemed age appropriate solely for free sweets, it'd be Gaius.)

Samus Aran (Metroid) (Gathering materials, creating mockups): Time and event TBD

Kanji Tatsumi (Persona 4) (Not started): Time and event TBD

Gaius (Fire Emblem: Awakening) (Not started): Halloween 2017?

Beruka (Fire Emblem: Fates) (Not started): Castle Point Anime Convention 2018

Future cosplays:

Sardonyx (Steven Universe)

Painwheel (Skullgirls)

Fem!Beowulf (Skullgirls)

Pidge Gunderson (Voltron: Legendary Defender)

Fem!All Might (My Hero Academia)
paintedrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2016, 08:06 AM   #18
Riskman2982

I think I will keep it simple on Friday and dress up as Ataru Moroboshi from Urusei Yatsura, then Kefka Palazzo from Final Fantasy 6. The Kefka costume is almost a tradition for me to wear there.
Riskman2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2016, 06:00 PM   #19
Scunosi

I'm not sure how many old cosplays I'll bring. Probably Sans but he needs some work after melting in front of my heater, and I guess Lunara 'cuz I loved wearing her and she's still pretty new, she needs a good amount of work, too, though. This may be the first in a couple of years I don't bring Amethyst though, too much work and not a ton going on with SU lately.

As far as new stuff my only inklings so far are Mei from OW and Wicke from Pokémon SM, and of the two Wicke seems more realistically doable. Mei might need too many details and props. Even if I don't get Wicke done I may do a Skull grunt as I have friends planning on doing that for another con later in the year, and it'd be much easier to do. People will just have to deal with staring at my fat ass unless I switch to Plumeria or something instead. :P

I've stayed in the Photoshoot group but haven't really parsed the list yet so I'll just figure out days when the time comes. I would like to see some silly shoots set up; last year there were so many skeletons from various fandoms (Undertale, One Piece, even Grim Fandango was there) I think it'd be really funny to just have a skeleton photoshoot. I also think a lazy kigurumi shoot on Sunday would be a fun idea, but I guess if you're already in a kigu the idea of an organized photoshoot may not be too appealing.

Upcoming Conventions
---

Latest cosplay
Shy Gal (Nintendo Fan Design)

Working On
---
Scunosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2017, 12:44 AM   #20
EroSempai
Running and Cleaning

Since I can't afford a ticket (and I hate the lack of one day tickets), I will be Umaru-Chan on Saturday hanging around the cafe. I save more money and time for ECCC since I like comics more in my old age. ��

Call me ECosplay~
Pax Prime 2017 - Saturday Only
RenCon 2017
Central City Comic Con 2017
Kumoricon 2017
Jet City Comic Show 2017
Anglicon 2017
Chibi Chibi Con 2018
ECCC 2018
Kupo Con 2018
PuliCon 2018
Ba-Con 2018
http://www.facebook.com/ecosplay21

EroSempai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2017, 07:46 AM   #21
Chimeleyh

I'm bringing Mark Jefferson from Life is Strange, William from Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler, and Liz Thompson from Soul Eater. I may bring others, but my lineup all depends on what panels go through and how scheduling goes in the next couple months or so.
Chimeleyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2017, 10:33 PM   #22
TaraEve
Magical Girl Princess

For sure I will be doing Junebug D.va (Overwatch), Minami Kenjirou (Yuri on Ice), Nagisa Shiota (Assassination Classroom) and Hiyori Iki (Noragami)! But I'm also hoping to do some half days so I can also cosplay Uraraka Ochako (Boku no Hero Academia) and hopefully Licht Jekylland Todoroki (Servamp)!! :')

Nagisa Shiota
Shiemi Moriyama
D.va (Secret Version)
Hiyori Iki
Minami Kenjirou
Akko (Little Witch Academia)
TaraEve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2017, 10:49 PM   #23
Yukihime211

This year, my friend and I finally decided to book the hotel for Thursday instead of our usual Friday in order to not have to wait until like five pm to get our room like last year and get to the con bright and early. So! Gonna be walking around in cosplay on pre-reg pick up day. Basically gonna debut a bunch a new cosplays this year.

And this will be my first year at attempting to make my own cosplay from mainly scratch. We'll see how that goes. But, anyway!

Thursday I'm gonna be dressed as Yurio from Yuri on Ice, Friday most likely my Jigglypuff gijinka cosplay but that all depends if I finish it in time, Saturday going as Kaoru Hitachiin. (I did this last year's sakura-con on a Friday with my friend as Hikaru. It was a ton of fun. And very well received from everyone. I felt so special when people asked for pictures. So going as a pair cosplay this year as well) And ending it with Rei Ryugazaki from Free! on Sunday.

My friend will be dressed as Rin on Sunday. Lol, RinRei shippy photoshoot is very likely.
Saturday- Kaoru Hitachiin from OHSHC
Sunday- Rei Ryugazaki from Free!!
Yukihime211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2017, 10:55 PM   #24
Kayami Hakumei
~Otaku Extraordinaire~

Is there a good place to spread the word about photoshoots for this year? I didn't see a thread for it.
???

MisCon 2017
???
???
???

NaguCon 2017
???
???
???
Kayami Hakumei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2017, 04:40 PM   #25
bishiekeeper

Let's see... This year is Mostly Rei Ryugazaki themed. I have his Scientist, and Basic Swim Team Outfit, as well as a Butterfly!PJ outfit. I can also do Kazuma from Noragami, and William T. Spears from Black Butler.
bishiekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2017, 05:56 PM   #26
NekoShidonii

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukihime211 View Post
This year, my friend and I finally decided to book the hotel for Thursday instead of our usual Friday in order to not have to wait until like five pm to get our room like last year and get to the con bright and early. So! Gonna be walking around in cosplay on pre-reg pick up day. Basically gonna debut a bunch a new cosplays this year.

And this will be my first year at attempting to make my own cosplay from mainly scratch. We'll see how that goes. But, anyway!

Thursday I'm gonna be dressed as Yurio from Yuri on Ice, Friday most likely my Jigglypuff gijinka cosplay but that all depends if I finish it in time, Saturday going as Kaoru Hitachiin. (I did this last year's sakura-con on a Friday with my friend as Hikaru. It was a ton of fun. And very well received from everyone. I felt so special when people asked for pictures. So going as a pair cosplay this year as well) And ending it with Rei Ryugazaki from Free! on Sunday.

My friend will be dressed as Rin on Sunday. Lol, RinRei shippy photoshoot is very likely.

Omg I love Yurio! My sister and I will be dressing as Yurio and Yuuri at Sakura Con too. We haven't decided who is going to be who yet because we both love each of them so much.
NekoShidonii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2017, 12:48 PM   #27
FlutterDash

Gosh its been forever since i last used this site!

Ill be bringing just two characters with me this yearr. Lovino (Hetalia) and Yuri (Yuri on Ice). I haven't finalized specific days for each but at the moment i plan in this: Yuri day 0 and 3, casual Lovino day 1, regular uniform Lovino day 2 and pj Lovino for the multi fandom pajama party i amhosting Friday night

Kumori Con 2017:
Yuri Katsuki
Japan
Fem!England (may change to Canada)

Sakura Con 2018:
Romano
Canada or Austria
Pirate Spain
FlutterDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2017, 01:34 PM   #28
Scunosi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayami Hakumei View Post
Is there a good place to spread the word about photoshoots for this year? I didn't see a thread for it.
The best place is actually Facebook, not here really. Traffic in this little subforum may pick up closer to the con but all the scheduling is done through FB. If you don't use FB, well...

Upcoming Conventions
---

Latest cosplay
Shy Gal (Nintendo Fan Design)

Working On
---
Scunosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2017, 06:27 PM   #29
Angelmage99

I haven't 100% decided to go yet, but if I do I'm for sure doing Sheimi from Blue Exorcist and for 0 day I may do a Gryffindor Student.

I haven't really decided on what else. The CLAMP shoot is on a different day from Blue Exorcist so maybe I'll finally finish my Kero from CCS Kigurumi. As for Sunday, I don't know yet. I'll see what photoshoots pop up first, but Maybe Kiki from Kiki's Delivery Service. I also could up end up doing Puu from Rave Master/Fairy Tail or Gowther from Seven Deadly Sins.

Kero from CCS
Hungary from APH
Shiemi From Blue Exorcist
Yamu from Magi
Renge from OHSHC!
Elsa from Frozen
Gryffindor Student

Last edited by Angelmage99 : 02-25-2017 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Plans update
Angelmage99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2017, 02:59 AM   #30
EroSempai
Running and Cleaning

UPDATE

I will be at the Overwatch photoshoot on Saturday in the fountain and gardens area for this since I don't have a pass. I will be Mei. :3

Call me ECosplay~
Pax Prime 2017 - Saturday Only
RenCon 2017
Central City Comic Con 2017
Kumoricon 2017
Jet City Comic Show 2017
Anglicon 2017
Chibi Chibi Con 2018
ECCC 2018
Kupo Con 2018
PuliCon 2018
Ba-Con 2018