Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Unread 12-12-2016, 07:15 PM   #1
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Anime North 2017 Reg Update

Pre-Registration for Anime North 2017 will open Jan 02, 2017 at 12:01AM.

The Anime North Registration website is now being updated with 2017 information.

Anime North Registration hopes you enjoyed Anime North 2016 and that we will see you again in 2017.

For Anime North 2017, we have a few announcements to make regarding Registration.

1. The Weekend Admission Cap will be 17,500 attendees. The Daily Admissions (Fri, Sat, Sun) will be 5,000 each.

2. The Early Bird discounted Weekend Admissions have been discounted. All Weekend admissions will be the regular $60 price.

3. Group Admissions will only apply to school anime groups and established anime clubs, or special-needs groups. Group discounts must be arranged ahead of time by contacting Registration directly.

4. All Canadian attendees can request to have their Admission Badges (with lanyards) mailed out to them before the con (US mailing is not available). The mailing fee will be $22.50 per order and badges will be sent by registered mail 2-3 weeks before the con. Deadline for requesting the mail-out will be April 21. Buy your admission together with your friends and split the mailing fee.

5. Anime North does not endorse third-party sales of Anime North 2017 admissions. In 2015-16, we saw several cases of fake Anime North admissions being sold online. Anime North will not respond to any requests to authenticate claims of Anime North admissions being sold by third parties. Anyone who purchases an Anime North admission from anywhere except through Anime North Registration does so at his/her own risk, and Anime North will not accept any responsibility if they turn out to be fake.

More here

Official Anime North Forums

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-15-2016, 08:15 AM   #2
AJ the Collector
Collector

Now hopefully they'll start showing us guests soon, preferably before we all begin buying our admissions.

Current cosplay plans:

L - AN 2018
Equius Zahhak - Trickster - AN 2018
Underswap Papyrus - AN 2018
Sans
Mr. Mayor (Animal Crossing: New Leaf)
Bartholomew Kuma
Sable Able
Dick Gumshoe
Penelope (Sly 3)
Clawdia (Fighting Foodons)
Deadpool - X-Force
Signless
Porrim Maryam
Sabin Figaro
Grell Sutcliff
James (Pokemon)

Soap may be a four-letter word, but use it anyway.
AJ the Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2016, 08:59 AM   #3
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

That's a really steep price for badge mail-in, PLEASE tell me it's an actual fast courier company who delivers them right to your door, not Canada Post letting them sit around for days on end (and do you get a program book with it too?) before carelessly throwing them into any mailbox they see while they go plan another pointless strike.... I'd stand in line but since I'm no longer local or paying for a Thursday night hotel, I'm not up to spending most of my Friday in a giant line.

The appeal of AN is definitely wearing thin on me after ten years. Unless I manage an incredible time this coming year I'm probably going to significantly cut back on attending. If there were any other semi-affordable cons worth bringing my fanciest costumes to in the area each year, I probably wouldn't even keep bothering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2016, 10:50 PM   #4
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
That's a really steep price for badge mail-in, PLEASE tell me it's an actual fast courier company who delivers them right to your door, not Canada Post letting them sit around for days on end (and do you get a program book with it too?) before carelessly throwing them into any mailbox they see while they go plan another pointless strike.... I'd stand in line but since I'm no longer local or paying for a Thursday night hotel, I'm not up to spending most of my Friday in a giant line.

The appeal of AN is definitely wearing thin on me after ten years. Unless I manage an incredible time this coming year I'm probably going to significantly cut back on attending. If there were any other semi-affordable cons worth bringing my fanciest costumes to in the area each year, I probably wouldn't even keep bothering.
Not sure who is doing it. It was UPS last time I think and they just chucked them at people's doors even with the signature required. I'm assuming no program book since you can just get it on your phone or as you walk in the door. Those are usually printed last moment as well to try and include any and all changes.

Official Anime North Forums

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2017, 06:37 PM   #5
xshedevilx
- Kami -

Hopefully passes are still available in about a month, when I can afford one (other priorities first). I was becoming weary with AN myself, but last year perked me up again with Panels (I had a blast). THANK THE GODS they're including lanyards this year. I can't tell you how many people wanted to deck a small child volunteer because they couldn't get a lanyard. Luckily I had brought some of my own and just gave mine to disgruntled attendees with that issue (they were incredibly thankful). Blessed be for mailing. Fan Expo charges $20 for mailing and if you have enough people to split it, it is fairly cheap. For reference, Fedex is more reliable than UPS or canada post (I work in shipping/receiving), but if you live in a very RURAL area any courier service can be a bit of a pain.

2018 Cosplays:
Super Sonico (White Unicorn)
Overwatch - Widowmaker (Talon)
Pocahontas (Disney)
Starcraft - Kerrigan (De-zerged)
Game of Thrones - Ygritte
Horizon: Zero Dawn - Aloy (variant tbd)
xshedevilx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2017, 01:33 AM   #6
Zafie
Cosplay Veteran

Cannot wait to get my pass. I have to wait till about next week sometime as it'll be a birthday gift!

Quinte Mini Con 2017
Furnal Equinox 2018
Anime North 2018

Cosplays In Progress

Guzma (Pokemon Sun & Moon)
Joe Kido (Digimon Adventure Tri.) - Music Cafe
Zafie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2017, 02:24 PM   #7
AJ the Collector
Collector

Hope I can get my weekend pass before they run out. I have groceries and such AND an annual charity event to prioritize this month...

Current cosplay plans:

L - AN 2018
Equius Zahhak - Trickster - AN 2018
Underswap Papyrus - AN 2018
Sans
Mr. Mayor (Animal Crossing: New Leaf)
Bartholomew Kuma
Sable Able
Dick Gumshoe
Penelope (Sly 3)
Clawdia (Fighting Foodons)
Deadpool - X-Force
Signless
Porrim Maryam
Sabin Figaro
Grell Sutcliff
James (Pokemon)

Soap may be a four-letter word, but use it anyway.
AJ the Collector is offline   Reply With Quote