Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Hellsing

Unread 06-06-2004, 01:53 PM   #1
Inanna

Intergra Hellsing suit question

Ok, I found a brown double breasted suit on Ebay that I can wear for cosplaying Intergra Hellsing. One problem, the suit has four buttons & all the pictures that I've seen of her, her suit has 6 buttons. I bought some gold buttons to replace the ones on the suit. My question is do I sew them on with the only row that buttons up being the bottom one or would that look too odd? I could alter it & TRY to make so that I have two rows that button up & one is loose. I've been looking at the fabric and it maybe able to do that & not look odd or pinched. Plus, it's a man's size 42, so I may need to take it in & that might give some extra space. I'm wondering how out of place it would look with just the bottom row buttoning up though.

Thanks,
Inanna
Inanna is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-06-2004, 08:39 PM   #2
BadAngstPoetry
Bringing sparkles to the abyss one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inanna
Ok, I found a brown double breasted suit on Ebay that I can wear for cosplaying Intergra Hellsing. One problem, the suit has four buttons & all the pictures that I've seen of her, her suit has 6 buttons. I bought some gold buttons to replace the ones on the suit. My question is do I sew them on with the only row that buttons up being the bottom one or would that look too odd? I could alter it & TRY to make so that I have two rows that button up & one is loose. I've been looking at the fabric and it maybe able to do that & not look odd or pinched. Plus, it's a man's size 42, so I may need to take it in & that might give some extra space. I'm wondering how out of place it would look with just the bottom row buttoning up though.

Thanks,
Inanna
What you could try is not useing any buttons for actual fastening, you could use velcro or snaps for that, and just sew the buttons onto the outside.

The Button holes showing wont be a problem because womens suits fasten opposite of mens suites so where the buttons are attached now will be the outermost area and you can sew the additional buttons there directly and only worry about spaceing, again just use velcro or snaps to do the real attachment

Its a little bit of work but best solution I can come up with, I'm doing Rip Van Winkle and her suite is very similar, although black, so I may be dealing with much the same problem eventualy

Last edited by BadAngstPoetry : 06-06-2004 at 08:49 PM.
BadAngstPoetry is offline   Reply With Quote