Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Masquerade / Skit Discussion

Unread 02-23-2017, 02:24 PM   #1
Scunosi

Stage ideas for Wicke, a boring side-character

I'm debating whether or not I'm going to enter Sakuracon's cosplay contest this year now that I feel more confident in my cosplay game. They have a separate Skit contest I'm not interested in, but even the cosplay contest requires you to be on stage for a full minute and a half, which seems long to me but I'm not exactly versed in contests yet. A small local con I just went to had us up there for only 30 seconds which I thought was plenty of time to walk out, do a pose, and walk off. Both contests do pre-judging, the stage is more for the audience/final posing points.

The reason I'm waffling with the Sakuracon contest is the character I'd be entering is kind of a non-character. Wicke from Pokémon Sun and Moon ended up being the least active of all the new characters from the Aether Foundation, and she is mostly just seen as a secretary (later a researcher in the end-game). I'm not sure how to translate that onto something that reads well on stage. Here's my ideas so far:
-walk out then start pacing around with a clipboard looking like I'm studying something and taking notes
-make a fake malasada (basically a donut) and pose with that somehow, maybe dig it out of a bag and then look like I'm giving it to the audience?
-make a Beast Ball and pose with that (maybe incorporate with the first idea)

That's all I've got so far. It'd be easier if she even had a Pokémon as then I could do something with a doll, but as far as we know she's not even a trainer and has no canon Pokémon. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for her specifically, or if they've worked with similar "boring" characters before and could give me some tips?

Thanks!

Upcoming Conventions
---

Latest cosplay
Shy Gal (Nintendo Fan Design)

Working On
---
Scunosi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-28-2017, 03:13 PM   #2
Scunosi

Hello? I know this is a slower sub-forum but I didn't expect this slow. May have to ask elsewhere...

Upcoming Conventions
---

Latest cosplay
Shy Gal (Nintendo Fan Design)

Working On
---
Scunosi is offline   Reply With Quote