Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Unread 05-25-2017, 02:12 PM   #31
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Legally speaking, too, bars can't throw you out for not drinking alcohol. Designated driver legislations and such. I'll see what I feel like tomorrow, but 99.9% likely it'll be a pansy-ass cocktail because I have like, zero alcohol tolerance and hate everything bitter, which is the vast majority of booze. :P (Yeah, I don't go to bars unless it's a restaurant too. Can you tell? :P)
(Also, jealous that you can drink screwdrivers. Something in them makes me horribly sick. I can guzzle down orange juice, I can drink vodka with anything else in it, I can drink citrusy coolers, but an actual screwdriver and I'm groaning in the bathroom ALL night with not even half an ounce of vodka in it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-25-2017, 06:46 PM   #32
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Legally speaking, too, bars can't throw you out for not drinking alcohol. Designated driver legislations and such. I'll see what I feel like tomorrow, but 99.9% likely it'll be a pansy-ass cocktail because I have like, zero alcohol tolerance and hate everything bitter, which is the vast majority of booze. :P (Yeah, I don't go to bars unless it's a restaurant too. Can you tell? :P)
(Also, jealous that you can drink screwdrivers. Something in them makes me horribly sick. I can guzzle down orange juice, I can drink vodka with anything else in it, I can drink citrusy coolers, but an actual screwdriver and I'm groaning in the bathroom ALL night with not even half an ounce of vodka in it...)
My slavic blood is strong when it comes to alchohol.
I can mix and match and never get a hangover. Even at 33. BEASTMODE.

Put some sun on me though and i'll crawl my way into a cave.

Official Anime North Forums

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2017, 08:05 PM   #33
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
My slavic blood is strong when it comes to alchohol.
I can mix and match and never get a hangover. Even at 33. BEASTMODE.

Put some sun on me though and i'll crawl my way into a cave.
Well, I get the same thing with sunlight too, so I guess I just get double weakness there. :P You'd think with all my Scottish roots I'd be able to handle booze, but grandma did NOT handle the stuff at all, nor did dad or my aunts who were the spitting image of her, annnd now, not me either (also the spitting image. Grandma had STRONG genes. The only thing I got from Mom was being short and marginally lighter hair!). To the point that there's rarely any alcohol at family events on my Dad's side. Really though, it's a good thing. Despite that "Doesn't handle liquor" thing, there's been a LOT of seriously nasty alcoholism in our family over the years. And plenty of pot already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote