Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Personal Projects

Unread 03-06-2017, 04:29 PM   #1
Kirean

Fantasmia!

Fantasmia!
Where Imagination Comes Alive! June 23-24, 2017 in beautiful Santa Cruz CA
A Fantasy-Con for Steampunks, Fairies, Trolls,, Gryffindors, Hobbits, Jedi’s, you get where this is going? It will be a weekend of celebrating all the many things that spark the imagination! We are inviting Puppeteers/Performers/Buskers, interested in performing their fantasy related shows at the festival to contact us ASAP! There will be a stipend for all performers and those who street perform are allowed to put out a hat and we’ll take care of your permits. Please send us a description of the performance and a short video to the email listed below. If you are Maker, Artist, or Vendor of fantasy related artwork, puppets, toys, or fashions/costumes then come sell your wares in our version of Diagon Alley! Affordable 10 x 10 booth spaces are limited so contact us before they’re all gone at the email below.
What will you be doing Ricki? I'll be transforming my residency building into "Dr. Mecurio's Octagon of Imagination" inspired by PT Barnum's Hall of wonders in New York! But instead of freaks and geeks on display we'll have life size mythical creatures from throughout history on display or the audiences entertainment! We will be building 5 amazing new life size creature puppets for this performance, and when I say we, I really mean we! From now until the week before festival we are inviting the public to see what it's like to work behind the scenes in the Puppetry Institute’s creature design program! It doesn't matter if you are a master artist/crafter or never picked up a brush, we can find something for you to do to breathe life into these amazing creatures. This program is available for anyone on the central coast ages 14 -up and is free of charge. So whether you've ever wanted to add flame to a Phoenix, detail a dragon or put the horn on a unicorn we invite you to take advantage of this incredible opportunity! All participants in this program will receive two free passes to be Octagon of Imagination, as well as bragging rights when you say, ”see that creature? I helped build that! As a side note, all the workshop participants will be teaching leading up to the 2-day festival will recieve free passes as well as invited all the to show off the many amazing things and skills they learned to create at the Puppetry Institute.
Tickets to the festival are $25 for a one-day pass or $40 for both days. For ticket information/sales, performance opportunities, or vendor space, please contact us through our Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/ThePuppetryInstitute/ or email us at the.puppetry.institute@gmail.com
Ricki
Artistic Director/Head Dragon
The Puppetry Institute
making the world a cooler place... one puppet at a time
thepuppetryinstitue.org

Trust me when I say this guys this will be a fun event. So if you have fantasy related cosplay stuff to sell or know someone that does or just want to see a kickass event then come on down!!
Kirean is offline   Reply With Quote