Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Costume Critique

Unread 06-08-2004, 12:42 AM   #1
Videl-chan
No Victory for You.

Female Wolfwood Crossplay

Hey, I did a cosplay of Nicholas D. Wolfwood, but in a female version here's a link to the pic I was wondering what people think of it. Usually I wear fishnets, it's just that that day, I feeling particularily lax. Anyways, send me your comments! Arigato!

P.S. Thanks to Hello Kenney for the pic! Go to his website at HelloKenney.com Check out his Man-Faye gallery as well =P
Videl-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-08-2004, 01:33 AM   #2
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

Looks ok to me. If I saw you by yourself, though, I probably wouldn't know who you were supposed to be. Perhaps if you had an identifiable prop, like the 'mini confessional' or his cross (even a scaled down version), cigarettes, a vash plushie, kuronekosama? I notice you have the white crosses on the sleeves, though - that's a good idea. They're probably just not as obvious, especially if you're moving around. They also look a tad too big - but with varying screencaps, it's always impossible to tell. I also can't tell if your white shirt does the same thing his does in the front... with this type of costume, I think it's the little details that really 'make' it.

Perhaps a short wig, styled like his? Many women have hair that short, (and his isn't really that short - at least, not in front). I do understand wanting to use your own hair, though.

That's all I can really say about it... sorry it's not that much help.

In Toronto and like kimono? Check out the Toronto Kimono Club!
Eleryth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2004, 01:12 PM   #3
Scoti
Lv. 99

I like the fact that you made the long skirt instead of a mini skirt. It makes it seem more like a female version rather then just fan service and it draws attention to the character and not just your legs lol. I agree that a shorter hair and the little accessories mentioned by Eleryth would make a big difference. Other then that I think your on the right track
Unread 06-08-2004, 06:58 PM   #4
Videl-chan
No Victory for You.

Well I am planning on making a punisher or cofessional for AX 2004, but about the short hair...well, I actually like the long hair because it's the "female Nick." But thanks for the suggestions, it's about time I've heard some input. I do have a kuroneko plushie, but since I already had my own Vash with me, I didn't think I needed it. And about the cigarrette, well sometime between coming down from my room the that part in between the hilton and convention center, I lost it ~_~'' Well once again arigato! Anymore inout would be great! Thanks for the skirt comment!
Videl-chan is offline   Reply With Quote