Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Unread 04-24-2017, 07:50 PM   #31
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuki.Kiryu View Post
I ordered some stuff in mid-March, but it hadn't been shipped yet. I messaged the seller and they responded with "Sorry, the factory forgot to ship it." -.- They shipped it in the end, but I'm stressing because its for a group and I don't want to let everyone down
I had a package vanish, seller resent but i'm pretty sure what i ended up with was the first package, so I may end up with two!

Where is your package from?

Official Anime North Forums

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-25-2017, 09:00 AM   #32
SuperBee
Extreme chainmailler

So I have now decided to do some hand stitched beading on my kimono belt... just cause it's not like I have anything better to do....

The stupid fabric is fraying like a bugger and I am getting frustrated by it...

And my back hurts from standing around at Costume con.... And Captain Canada needs a few minor seam repairs (which was expected as the chainmaille moves differently than the fabric). The shirt also needs a wash (thanks chainmaille residue). Does anyone have photos of the Captain Canada?

And I am cranky that it is raining...

"Captain Canada"
Pokemon trainer inspired something

Samurai Zapdos and Moltres
Revamped Scalemaille Gyarados with armour
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2017, 04:40 PM   #33
xshedevilx
- Kami -

Got all my props in time. Though customs decided to read, and not open the box, thus resulting in extra charges. Idiots.

Mercy's gun is all put together, need to fill and sand it a few times. Also got the bf's pulse rifle....it needs to be put together..in intervals....filled, and sanded as it's about 6 parts(?) I believe.

No mobile parts for my staff, which is upsetting because I would've really liked to make it function for AN...guess it will for Fan Expo. T-T

Feathers are sanded down and my Lucoa cosplay is almost complete. Wig is ordered, shoes painted, hat painted, now just to finish the horns which are already attached to the hat!

2018 Cosplays:
Super Sonico (White Unicorn)
Overwatch - Widowmaker (Talon)
Pocahontas (Disney)
Starcraft - Kerrigan (De-zerged)
Game of Thrones - Ygritte
Horizon: Zero Dawn - Aloy (variant tbd)
xshedevilx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2017, 05:20 PM   #34
Zoeyromanov
Performapal Leon

I bascially have everything I need for Rin, except the hair extensions and the belt which are on the way. I need to tailor the jacket I have since exchanging for a smaller size leads me to think that it won't come on time. Then I can start drafting the pattern for the blue parts, which I still need fabric for.
I had my eye on a jacket I would need to cut the sleeves off then sew it back up for Ruri but I don't think it'll come on time. I'm tinkering with my Ruri wig and I'm going to stuff my wig with the craft foam I have to make the bun and not buy the wefts after all to save money.

Future plans:
Blue Angel/Aoi Zaizen, Yugioh Vrains

Follow me:
Deviantart / Tumblr / Instagram / CureCos

"My outfit makes me feel powerful, too."
Zoeyromanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2017, 08:56 PM   #35
CeruleanThorn
Sailor Moon Trash

Just started Blake Belladonna last night, sort of. I washed the fabric for the coat, and cut out the pattern pieces. I'm quite nervous to do her volume 4 outfit because 1) This pattern is new to me and some of these pieces are frickin huge and 2) The fabric is white. I have a history of staining every white piece of clothing I own with something red: spaghetti sauce, chili, ketchup, you name it. I'll definitely be careful not to eat messy stuff that day, but honestly I'm thinking I may just bag it until the photoshoot, I'm just so paranoid, I can't even...

Wasn't able to get Lenalee done for the con this past weekend, so I may be bringing her to AN. I just need to hem and pleat both tiers of the skirt, and sew them together, but I'll probably put her on the backburner for now.
CeruleanThorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2017, 05:02 PM   #36
Shimi
Zombie the Hedgehog

I've got my work cut out for me...
For my Kuro (Servamp) cosplay, I've got my boots, my pants, my wig, and a bell. I ordered red contacts, so hopefully they'll come in on time.
The coatt/jacket isn't started yet, but I don't expect to have trouble finding light blue material... I still need a pattern (I'll find one!) and I'll need black fabric dye and black fur..
I bought two wigs: one white and one grey-white mix. They're inexpensive ones from Amazon, but they're heat resistant, so I'm gonna attempt to add an ever-so-slight bluish tint using Rit DyeMore. (It's fabric dye for synthetic materials and I've seen it used on a wig before and work, so I'm gonna try it! The grey-white wig is my fall-back if my attempt fails.)
Lastly, I'll either have to get a gold bell or spray paint the one I've got.

Like I said, I have my work cut out for me. T^T
Anime North 2015: Dark Pit (Kid Icarus Uprising)
Ànime North 2016: Eren Yeager (AoT)
Anime North 2017: Kuro/Sleepy Ash (Servamp)
Shimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2017, 09:16 PM   #37
sandra03

I literally just started. ugh the pressure T_T
I'm doing Najenda from Akame Ga Kill. I ordered the wig ages ago but it's not here yet. I've been hesitating to get too far on the arm until it shows up in case it doesn't, but I can't wait any longer. I got my templates done up today so I can start cutting the foam this week. I don't think it'll take too long. I have pants and shoes that will work already, found the blazer the other day, got the eye patch though I need to trim it to get the right shape. I just need to find ribbon to make that criss-cross halter, something to seal the eva foam and paint. I think it's still doable. we usually go camping on may long weekend but I think we're skipping it this year so I'll have that time to do any final touches and figure out how I'm going to pack it all lol

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/...ix=protagonist

*IF* I have room in my luggage for a second cosplay I'll probably just bust out my steampunk stuff. I want to spend some time fixing it up a little but it'll have to wait til next con I think
sandra03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2017, 03:05 PM   #38
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

Feelin it. I started my dress but I still need to finish ALL the filigree details on my armour and belt along with painting them and my shoes. Also looking for silver flats so that I don't die when needing to run to places.

Check List for Darling Charming:
FINISHED:
Tiara & hair bow[X]
Gemstone and finding work [X]
Earrings and bracelet [X]

Working on:
Belt [-]
Shoulder Armour [-]
Shoes [-]
Dress [-]
Wig [NS]

Also if anyone gets stuck on their wigs, Arda wigs Canada ships really fast and they will be at the AN as well.

And yeah to stuff from china getting lost in the mail with tracking........ for 5 months.

FanExpo '17
Merida - Brave (Saturday only)

Anime North '18
Steven Universe ?
Sakizou Ms. Anniversary

Future cosplays/cons:
Lagertha - Vikings, Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items, wigs, and materails for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!

Last edited by WARPAINTandUnicorns : 05-01-2017 at 03:59 PM.
WARPAINTandUnicorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2017, 06:49 AM   #39
SuperBee
Extreme chainmailler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARPAINTandUnicorns View Post
Feelin it. I started my dress but I still need to finish ALL the filigree details on my armour and belt along with painting them and my shoes. Also looking for silver flats so that I don't die when needing to run to places.

Check List for Darling Charming:
FINISHED:
Tiara & hair bow[X]
Gemstone and finding work [X]
Earrings and bracelet [X]

Working on:
Belt [-]
Shoulder Armour [-]
Shoes [-]
Dress [-]
Wig [NS]

Also if anyone gets stuck on their wigs, Arda wigs Canada ships really fast and they will be at the AN as well.

And yeah to stuff from china getting lost in the mail with tracking........ for 5 months.
Saw your Regina at Costume con... and I really really really liked it!

My Pokemans kimono belt is almost done with the hand beading.... I don't know how all you peoples do that and stay sane.... I am adding a lacy strip to the edging.

Captain Canada hasn't been washed yet or seam fixes... I need to figure out how the side leg belt will stay up and not slide down while walking. Gravity sucks.

"Captain Canada"

Unread 05-02-2017, 12:13 PM   #40
gypsy_girl
Fan Girl

Brilliant idea. I need some motivation to keep working on Usagi Tsukino from Sailor Moon. That's why I did the thread in Costume-Con for the single pattern contest.

Done:
- bought briefcase
- purchased material
- bought wig

To do:
- finish cutting pattern pieces.
- find red material for the bow
- lay out pattern pieces
- sew skirt
- sew blouse
- sew collar
- sew bow
- buy white socks

I should get back to work.

The Thing (1982)
(the missing word was 'imitation')
gypsy_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2017, 03:08 PM   #41
xshedevilx
- Kami -

So after re-ordering the S76 jacket, it was returned due to a shipping error in the Chinese postal service. They have since resent and swear it will be here before AN *rolls eyes*.

Tried my hand at dying some petg and worbla.....well, rit dye would not be the best. It is great for tinting but if you're looking at a heavy dye job, try something else or grab another bottle. My S76 visor came out tinted orange!!!!!! I did everything properly, but it only came out orange. Looking at getting glass paint this weekend to tint it properly. UGH.

Feathers tinted nicely (petg) though, just need to glue them in and add the EL wire now. Praying my coat arrives in time. As for the rest, well....it's getting here, just with customs charges along the way since I ordered so last minute.

E-mailed about my staff electronics....still no reply.

2018 Cosplays:
Super Sonico (White Unicorn)
Overwatch - Widowmaker (Talon)
Pocahontas (Disney)
Starcraft - Kerrigan (De-zerged)
Game of Thrones - Ygritte
Horizon: Zero Dawn - Aloy (variant tbd)
xshedevilx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2017, 06:31 PM   #42
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

No cosplays for myself to finish (just got to do some wig fixing and spot-clean Anastasia), but I'm in the crunch to get a commission done! I'm nearly finished but I wanted to be done this week, since I'm at Ad-Astra this weekend. At least my customer's been a total darling and hasn't had any trouble with my speed, progress pictures or transferring payments, so I'm 99% confident I'll be done early next week and he'll get it soon after (and of course I hold my breath that everything fits just right, I sent mockups along to check my patterning/fitting but I always fear that I screwed up something). Biggest problem is getting a big enough box for everything! The biggest shipping box the post office had was too small, so I've been carrying a measuring tape in my purse every time I go grocery shopping to find a big enough box to take home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 05-02-2017 at 06:35 PM.
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2017, 09:29 PM   #43
SuperBee
Extreme chainmailler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy_girl View Post
Brilliant idea. I need some motivation to keep working on Usagi Tsukino from Sailor Moon. That's why I did the thread in Costume-Con for the single pattern contest.

Done:
- bought briefcase
- purchased material
- bought wig

To do:
- finish cutting pattern pieces.
- find red material for the bow
- lay out pattern pieces
- sew skirt
- sew blouse
- sew collar
- sew bow
- buy white socks

I should get back to work.
Can you post pictures of your bow work? I want to make a bow but... I don't know how...

"Captain Canada"

Unread 05-07-2017, 12:47 PM   #44
MelColley
Illustrator

Well I'm officially freaking out. I always do this to myself /sigh. So much stuff left to do before the con. My cosplay is hardly even started O_O.
MelColley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2017, 03:46 PM   #45
Shimi
Zombie the Hedgehog

Just got back from fabricland. The colour for Kuro's coat is a bit… darker? deeper? more intense? than I wanted, but it'll have to do since everything else was either too thin or too stretchy. In my eyes, it's the difference between PANTONE 298 C (what I was looking for) and PANTONE 306 C (what I got). Not a big difference, but I still wish it was just a shade lighter. T.T Looks great in sunlight, looks aquamarine in my bedroom (stupid incandescent light).
On the plus side, it's nice stretch denim and it was 50% off! Also got the fur for the hood! (Yay!)
Anime North 2015: Dark Pit (Kid Icarus Uprising)
Ànime North 2016: Eren Yeager (AoT)
Anime North 2017: Kuro/Sleepy Ash (Servamp)
Shimi is offline   Reply With Quote