Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Otakon

Unread 06-26-2017, 09:25 PM   #1
PhantomhiveCosplay

Vocaloid Gathering Otakon 2017

A majority of the cosplays I am bringing to Otakon this year are from Vocaloid. I am bringing Mikuo, as well as two versions of Miku. This gathering will happen between 3 and 4pm on Saturday of the con. I am still looking for a co-host for this gathering. I requested this time slot in the unofficial photoshoot list as well as the official list. Once I hear back from both, I will update this post with the location of the gathering. Here is the link to the event page on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/696335393885453/

Last edited by PhantomhiveCosplay : 07-30-2017 at 10:21 AM.
PhantomhiveCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-27-2017, 06:05 PM   #2
KYScosplay
vocaloid enthusiast

Hello, I was actually planning on getting an official Vocaloid photoshoot scheduled once the Otakon Cosplay Coordination releases their Official Photoshoot Request forms.

If for whatever reason that doesn't happen, I am willing to co-host with you if needed. I was thinking that the shoot could gather in celebration of Hatsune Miku's 10th anniversary, which will be in less than a month by the time Otakon arrives.

I will be cosplaying Hatsune Miku (my entire cosplay lights up, it shouldn't be hard to miss lol.)
Unread 06-27-2017, 06:21 PM   #3
KYScosplay
vocaloid enthusiast

Also, i think a Facebook Event Page would benefit organizing this shoot; if you want, I can set that up! The reason I would like to try for an official photoshoot over an unofficially organized one is because the heat outdoors can be very detrimental to some peoples' health, especially in cosplay (I passed out from heatstroke last year).

If you'd like, you can go ahead and get a shoot scheduled here (the Otakon 2017 Unofficial Photoshoots thread) : http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=365964 and I'll keep waiting on the official shoot forms. If I get approved, we can switch to mine, or we can stick with yours, or even just have 2 Vocaloid shoots, perhaps! Whatever floats your boat and fits with your schedule.
Unread 06-28-2017, 03:48 AM   #4
PhantomhiveCosplay

Alright. That sounds good. I am volunteering for the con this year, so I am not sure what times I will be available yet. I am willing to co-host a photoshoot with you. I will be bringing Two Breaths Walking Miku, Orange Blossom Miku, and Default Mikuo.
Unread 06-28-2017, 05:14 PM   #5
KYScosplay
vocaloid enthusiast

Sweet! I set up the Event page here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1846102295708531/
if you have a Facebook profile just lemme know and i'll add you as a co-host.
also, do you know when Otakon will tell you about your availability? the sooner we get time and location set, the better.
Unread 06-28-2017, 06:38 PM   #6
KYScosplay
vocaloid enthusiast

Also, I know you're aiming to schedule the shoot for Saturday, but is there any chance you'll be willing to go for Friday instead?
I actually have another photoshoot to get to on Saturday, so it'll make things a lot easier on my side if the scheduling didn't overlap, but I don't wanna force you to agree to anything.
(and if 2 Vocaloid shoots end up being scheduled by us, then...yours can be on Saturday and mine will be on Friday i guess, haha)
Unread 06-29-2017, 04:05 AM   #7
PhantomhiveCosplay

They said they would let me know when the schedule comes out for the convention. I will message you my facebook profile name. I cannot do the photoshoot on Friday since I will be cosplaying Ciel Phantomhive on that day and hosting a Kuroshitsuji gathering that day.
Unread 07-14-2017, 12:30 AM   #8
KYScosplay
vocaloid enthusiast

Putting this post here for anyone reading this thread looking for the Otakon 2017 Vocaloid photoshoot-- it's happening!
It will be from 4:00pm to 5:00pm on Saturday, August 12. Location depends on if our official photoshoot request form is approved and scheduled accordingly by the Otakon Cosplay Coordination.

A Facebook Event Page is set up here-- join the event to let us know you'll be there!
https://www.facebook.com/events/1846102295708531/
Unread 07-30-2017, 08:07 AM   #9
PhantomhiveCosplay

This photoshoot will most likely still be happening. I am trying to see if people would be interested in attending it.