Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > General Construction Help

Unread 08-02-2017, 10:48 PM   #1
LilSongstress

LoZ: BotW - Urbosa Top

I'm currently working on making Urbosa from Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

I've decided that I want to make her armor as well as obvious 'metal' parts out of craft foam, including her breastplate/bra piece. Most of her should be pretty self explanatory as none of the pieces are overly complex and I have worked with craft foam for smaller cosplay pieces in the past.

What I'm trying to figure out is how to go about the construction on the breastplate since it appears to be all one piece in the game and concept art but the foam obviously wouldn't be able to stretch to accommodate for putting it on and taking off.

Has anyone one done something similar to this before or have any ideas to go about it?

I'm looking at maybe having the front part buckle onto the back somehow but I definitely don't want to rush this.

LoZ: BotW -
Urbosa concept art

Any help is much appreciated.
LilSongstress is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-03-2017, 07:55 AM   #2
Penlowe

Hinges, which if you are working in foam can be made from fabric.
I'd put the hinges at the tops of the shoulders and the closure at the back of the neck for the collar.
The lower (under bust) band can actually be attached to the green bodice in such a way that the sections just gap away from each other as you pull it over your head. I'd put those gaps at the under arms.

I'd use a sports bra as a base for that top.
Penlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2017, 12:11 PM   #3
DlGlT
Just call me Digit

Another route would be to put a small separating zipper along a seam under the arm where it wouldnt be super obvious. This would give you an open side to slip the rest on.

For durability you may want to build the bust piece out of foam and the remainder out of fabric, with foam detailing (the gold squares). This would allow your chest to expand when you breathe without stressing the foam.
DlGlT is offline   Reply With Quote