Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > A-Kon

Closed Thread
Unread 06-09-2004, 03:18 PM   #1
keyoume
I wish I was a bird..

The Sign-Whore Hallway Forum Reunion!

^_^ Does anyone remember this years sign-whore hallway at all? Hahaha! I love it, truely brought out sides of people..... I realy didnt need to see. BUT, it was still a nice little spot to hangout. I meet two guys that ended up being my slaves or somthing like that so it was pretty cool ^___^! ...WHat did 'you' do in that hallway ???

Unread 06-09-2004, 03:19 PM   #2
HuongStar

Does anyone else wish that signs were banned?

Unread 06-09-2004, 03:30 PM   #3
keyoume
I wish I was a bird..

*pout* Signs are nice because there an easy was to make friends, plus they dont realy happen out of conventions so there supposed to be a little weird..
Unread 06-09-2004, 03:53 PM   #4
Ryo Ikari
Random Modnar? ur pick.

i think it was fun but then there was time i wish i wasn't there. ^_^ but its all fun a games.
Unread 06-09-2004, 04:29 PM   #5
keyoume
I wish I was a bird..

*nod nod* ^-^; Yes there were 'times'. *remembers the two girls making out who just had to jump in front of me* x_x
Unread 06-09-2004, 04:41 PM   #6
Ryo Ikari
Random Modnar? ur pick.

What?! O_O 2 girls!

i wish i seen that.
Unread 06-09-2004, 04:45 PM   #7
animethink
Badge-Cornelius Masterson

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuongStar
Does anyone else wish that signs were banned?
I'm with huong on this one. damn you sign kids. there are other, less intrusive and irritating ways to make friends that don't involve actively panning for hugs (or worse) from complete strangers. like talking to people...you know, without using a posterboard. I don't know you, of course I don't want to hug you...for all I know, you could be a serial killer...didn't your mom ever tell you about stranger danger?
I guess it's useless to rant; there's nothing to be done. Just...try cosplaying or something. I swear it's more fun, and people might actually have some shred of respect for you... whatever, it's your con, do with it what you will.

*...damned sign kids...*
Unread 06-09-2004, 04:49 PM   #8
Cherry

Some signs were a lil over the top this year.

Someone came up to me with a "FREE KISSES" sign when I was in Sora, and I ran away. x.x; Full speed.

But besides that, they were harmless. My friend had one that said "I got dumped last night. Hugs/Condolences/Money/Food accepted".

Some of them were cute, and MOST of them were really nice people! That hallway was a blast, and a great place to chat with people.!
Unread 06-09-2004, 04:59 PM   #9
keyoume
I wish I was a bird..

Please stop freeking out over such little things. Most of the people in that hallway were harmless, and stayed 'only' in that hallway, so its not like you chouldnt stay away from them, or did I miss somthing o__O;? And no im not one of those sign people, I cosplayed Ichigo. ^-^ But I did make realy good friends with some of those sign guys so respect that!
Unread 06-09-2004, 04:59 PM   #10
Gren
Gender Bender

I absolutely dispised the sign whore hallway.

No. I do not want to hug, kiss, grope, glomp, feed, hire, or do ANYTHING else with you. I want to go to the elevators without walking through the Texas heat, and I want to do it in relative peace. That hallway had a very nice view, and would have been a pleasant place to rest my aching feet and talk with friends for a few minutes, but instead it was filled with terrible shrieking fans, all vying for attention over each other, approaching me every 10 eseconds, not with a greeting or an introduction, but by holding up some crumpled bit of notebook paper with some pathetic request scrawled upon it in ballpoint pen, and through SOME delusion, expecting that I would receive this is a positive, welcoming fasion.

No. Leave me alone. I want to enjoy the convention. Not pander to a bunch of attention starved fans without the social skills enough to even start a conversation. Who cannot talk to me except by shouting and giggling.

I

Hate

Signs.

Last edited by Gren : 06-09-2004 at 05:01 PM.
Unread 06-09-2004, 05:00 PM   #11
shin kurenai

i dont mind people wearing signs~

i mind people like who harass you and they think they can because they have a sign ~_~;
Unread 06-09-2004, 05:07 PM   #12
keyoume
I wish I was a bird..

^-^; Come on people, have a little compation for these guys! (P.s. Gren, that sounds like a personal probleme to me)
Unread 06-09-2004, 05:48 PM   #13
Yusuke Urameshi

Next guy who holds up a "hug me" sign gets the "SPINE BREAKING HUG 'O' DEATH" from me. You have been warned....*begins practicing bear hugs*
Unread 06-09-2004, 05:48 PM   #14
Anakha
The Psuedo-Jew!

i had fun hugging the guys who wanted hugs from chicks, i could tell they didna like it.
"Yeah...Just a bad dream."
"Bang..."
Unread 06-09-2004, 05:53 PM   #15
FromHerAshes
Volcano Girl

I really dug the whole sign thing a lot. I purposefully passed through that hallway a bit more than I needed to just to read all the cool little signs and occasionally hand out hugs.
What I didn't appreciate were people who thought it was okay to randomly wander around the REST of the convention harassing me when it was OBVIOUS I was doing other things.
But in the hallway, it was fun, and I actually met a couple of fun and nice people, got some good hugs, and got to rest in an atmosphere that was dynamic and funny. I say, way to go sign people!

But remember that people aren't at the convention to read your signs-- try not to openly harass people. They'll read your signs if they want to. Don't bug people.