Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 08-30-2017, 02:41 PM   #1
KittyAngel
cute little kitty >^.^<

Unhappy Hurricane Harvey in Texas!

Hey everyone.

I assume that everyone here knows by now about Hurricane Harvey in Texas. It's truly sad that this happened. I'm curious and concerned. Are the cosplayers here from Texas okay? Has anyone here from Texas been affected from this?

I hope all of the Texas cosplayers here are safe and okay. May God bless you Texas.

Just to let the Louisiana cosplayers know. Harvey is on its way to you. Make sure you stock up and be safe because apparently Harvey is coming over a little bit to Arkansas and Tennessee, along with a little bit of Alabama.

Everyone, please check your local weather channel. You might need to start preparing. Anyway, I hope and pray for the Louisiana cosplayers to be safe, and I pray for the cosplayers in Texas. May God keep you safe.

Tidus from FFX-2 (Perfect ending)

DeviantArt.com
JapaneseBlossomKitty
KittyAngel is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-30-2017, 03:21 PM   #2
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Stay safe, people! Though I'm in Canada, this did light the fire under my butt to put together our household disaster preparedness kit. Just got back from pricing out things. :P

On a related note, I've been doing a bat plush fundraiser for the Texas-based Bat World Sanctuary. Their sanctuary is fine but they're helping out by rescuing the flood-stranded bats in the Houston area, and they're going to be in major need of more supplies because there's so many to save! https://www.facebook.com/batworld Trying to both spread awareness and promote my fundraiser more so more can get donated to them ASAP, on my storenvy $15 USD of every bat sold goes right to them! http://whimsicalsquidco.storenvy.com...171-plush-bats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2017, 07:07 PM   #3
Zoeyromanov
Performapal Leon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAngel View Post
Hey everyone.

I assume that everyone here knows by now about Hurricane Harvey in Texas. It's truly sad that this happened. I'm curious and concerned. Are the cosplayers here from Texas okay? Has anyone here from Texas been affected from this?

I hope all of the Texas cosplayers here are safe and okay. May God bless you Texas.

Just to let the Louisiana cosplayers know. Harvey is on its way to you. Make sure you stock up and be safe because apparently Harvey is coming over a little bit to Arkansas and Tennessee, along with a little bit of Alabama.

Everyone, please check your local weather channel. You might need to start preparing. Anyway, I hope and pray for the Louisiana cosplayers to be safe, and I pray for the cosplayers in Texas. May God keep you safe.
This all the way.
I don't live in Texas, however I did feel the effects of Hurricane Sandy somewhat back in 2013. Hope you guys are ok!
However on the plus side tonnes of locals have helped out with everyone in need so that's good to see

Future plans:
Blue Angel/Aoi Zaizen, Yugioh Vrains

Follow me:
Deviantart / Tumblr / Instagram / CureCos

"My outfit makes me feel powerful, too."
Zoeyromanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2017, 02:11 PM   #4
Emi Hana
Kimono - Kimono - Kimono

I agree. Everyone in the affected areas - and the projected path Harvey is taking - abide by emergency rules and procedures. Also, and I hate to be mean about this, but this irks me to end - is if you are told to leave because of the weather, then listen and do it. I'm sorry, but when they order people to evacuate, they mean it. This means don't stay at home and think it won't be bad. That's what they said about Katrina.

If you are ordered to evacuate, then evacuate. I don't care if any family member wants to stay put for any reason, old or young. If you are told to leave, then leave. If someone in your family is resisting for whatever reason, then drag them out of the house kicking and screaming.

You can buy a new house. You can buy a new car. You can pay for a new nursing home. You cannot pay for a life lost.
Unread 09-07-2017, 09:10 AM   #5
KittyAngel
cute little kitty >^.^<

Unhappy

Well.... it looks like that Harvey has a girlfriend. Hurricane Irma has hit Puerto Rico and it's now hitting Florida. I hope and pray for the Florida cosplayers and the people in Florida in general. Stay safe Florida

Tidus from FFX-2 (Perfect ending)

DeviantArt.com
JapaneseBlossomKitty

Last edited by KittyAngel : 09-07-2017 at 01:42 PM.
KittyAngel is offline   Reply With Quote