Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Props/Accessories/Armor

Unread 09-13-2017, 03:25 PM   #1
NostalgiaShmltz
Nostalgia Schmaltz

Playing music with a BT speaker

I recently had an idea to get a small Bluetooth speaker and attach it to my cosplay somewhere, and have it play music as I walk around the convention. I'm a bit worried though, about annoying people. Obviously with such a small speaker, and the general noise level within such a crowded convention, it won't really be heard more than 20 feet away or so.

Still, what is the general consensus on these types of things? I'm just worried that people will find it annoying.

The music in question would be Splatoon in-game music, so stuff like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRytjitcSbw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwdtpjHsxjU
NostalgiaShmltz is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-13-2017, 03:34 PM   #2
DlGlT
Just call me Digit

This is a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

There will always be someone that will be annoyed and there will be those that love it. There's almost always at least one boombox or backpack blaring music at a con.
DlGlT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2017, 03:41 PM   #3
NostalgiaShmltz
Nostalgia Schmaltz

Yeah, I suppose. If it does annoy people, I can always just turn it down. But I'm not sure anyone would be so annoyed by it that they'd tell me to turn it off.
Unread 09-13-2017, 05:53 PM   #4
Scunosi

Yeah like Digit said there's not truly a consensus on this. I'd link you one of multiple threads on the matter that's been posted here before if the Search was currently up and running. Some people will always be annoyed by it, others think it's cool, and I think the majority would probably fall somewhere in the middle. Just keep it tasteful and toned-down unless you're outside or in the middle of a themed shoot/gathering/etc and most people won't have any issues with it. And sometimes you'll find whatever speaker you bought isn't even strong enough to be heard over the din of a con anyway. My friend used a little Bluetooth one and turned it off early 'cuz even she could hardly hear it.

Upcoming Conventions
---

Latest cosplay
Shy Gal (Nintendo Fan Design)

Working On
---
Scunosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2017, 02:05 AM   #5
Xaevier

I've done this a few times for different costumes

honestly as long as you turn it off in small rooms like for panels and stuff people will barely hear it unless they are next to you. Cons are extremely loud and my speaker that was really loud in my house was barely able to be heard more than 10 feet away at a large convention

I also never had anyone complain or ask me to turn it off. Everyone seemed to enjoy it, so I wouldn't worry about it
Xaevier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2017, 03:46 PM   #6
NostalgiaShmltz
Nostalgia Schmaltz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaevier View Post
I've done this a few times for different costumes

honestly as long as you turn it off in small rooms like for panels and stuff people will barely hear it unless they are next to you. Cons are extremely loud and my speaker that was really loud in my house was barely able to be heard more than 10 feet away at a large convention

I also never had anyone complain or ask me to turn it off. Everyone seemed to enjoy it, so I wouldn't worry about it
Yeah, of course. I'd only have it playing when out on the con floor / vendor booth areas, not in panel rooms.