Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 10-01-2017, 10:34 AM   #1
grell titan

halloween is here ......is this the cosplay break for people lol

hi guys

so with cosplaying all year ( for most people ) is halloween a break for you guys or do you still dress up also whats youre costume for halloween

i dress up for halloween no quistions asked lol any excuse to do it thats my moto

as for costumes iam david bowie this year rebel rebel version altrough iam having trouble with the braces ( if you seen the vid you know what iam talking about )

but yea david bowie my brothers thinking of billy idol so its a music theme this year so whats youre thoughts hope everyone is well x
grell titan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-01-2017, 04:06 PM   #2
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Depends for me. There's a con that I attend that is as close to Halloween as possible. It's the weekend that's closest to it. So since it's on a Tuesday this year, the con is the weekend right before that. Sometimes Halloween will be ON the weekend. Meaning the con will be during Halloween. If it falls on a con day, then obviously I'll be cosplaying for Halloween, but if it's not during the con, then I don't. I have no reason to. I'd just be sitting at home wearing a costume that no one is seeing..
-Created Character [SAO Hollow Realization]
-Cloud [Dissidia Final Fantasy]
-Red [Pokemon Fire Red]
-Gohan [DBZ]
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2017, 08:31 AM   #3
gypsy_girl
Fan Girl

Fall is still busy for me. Every year a few of us to the Ren Faire, I make/put together a costume for that. Then my friend's birthday party is the weekend before Halloween, costumes are mandatory. I also help her out on Halloween. She does a big haunted house in her driveway. It's very impressive.

The Thing (1982)
(the missing word was 'imitation')
gypsy_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2017, 10:54 AM   #4
xIkuna

Nope don't dress up usually. I don't want to waste cosplay money on a halloween costume, and I do have a con coming up mid novemeber so my time and money is allocated to those cosplays to finish them up in time

Cosplays:
Young Ana Amari- Overwatch
Miu Iruma- New Danganronpa Version 3
Sansa Stark- Game of Thrones (Season 7)

xIkuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2017, 11:45 AM   #5
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Sometimes I have a con in October so I work on cosplays for that. This year I'm taking it easy as I don't have a con. Instead I'll be wearing an old cosplay while giving out candy to the trick or treaters.

~Twitter~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2017, 01:38 PM   #6
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I usually get some photoshoots in, because fall is GREAT for outdoor shoots (around here, it's usually sunny but pleasantly cool, so it's great shooting weather, and the parks and woods and such aren't crowded any more).
As for Halloween, my plans vary pretty widely yearto year. Sometimes there's a nerdy or con-sponsored event going on that I'll do, sometimes I'll have a con in October but never on actual Halloween, sometimes friends and I will go to a boardgame cafe or such. This year, since I had to miss out on Halloween last year (boyfriend was sick for all of it), my plan is to deck out the grassy median outside our apartment- it's in a small cul-de-sac so there's a little island with a tree and grass out front of it- and give out candy in my Princess Luna gijinka. I'm stockpiling glowing and lightup Halloween decor so people don't miss me. The neighborhood has lots of families but our street, while small, is ALL apartments so I need to make a giant lightup CANDY OVER HERE signal XD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2017, 03:52 PM   #7
Scunosi

I always dress up but I don't do trick-or-treating since I don't have kids, and I don't put out candy since I don't know or care about any of my apartment neighbors. Although there's some Halloween-time cons near me I've yet to attend any of them (other than Akicon years ago before I made my current friends). I just use Halloween as an excuse to hang out and party with my friends, depending on your age you may or may not be aware that it's a big party weekend for regularly non-costuming adults.

I just wear whatever the easiest of my current cosplays is or whip something up using pieces of them (last year I did a generic fawn instead of Lunara). I don't want to risk wearing something fancy and having it get damaged, and I also don't want to get trapped in something hard to take off if I'm going to be spending a night drinking and partying into the wee hours.

The last few years me and my friends went on a party bus through Portland but this year we're just going to have a party at a friend's house now that one of us is actually a homeowner. Which technically means I could probably stand to wear something fancier, but I don't think I want to go into a party treating it like a competition. I already do enough of that at cons, plus I don't want to have to deal with transporting a giant, delicate wig.

My only decision before the party is do I just wear Shy Gal since she's easy and kind of party/fun themed, or do I check and see how many people are going to be wearing their Renn/pirate garb and then decide if I want to match them or stand out from them.

Upcoming Conventions
---

Latest cosplay
Shy Gal (Nintendo Fan Design)

Working On
---
Scunosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2017, 04:41 PM   #8
Zoeyromanov
Performapal Leon

Quote:
Originally Posted by grell titan View Post
hi guys

so with cosplaying all year ( for most people ) is halloween a break for you guys or do you still dress up also whats youre costume for halloween

i dress up for halloween no quistions asked lol any excuse to do it thats my moto

as for costumes iam david bowie this year rebel rebel version altrough iam having trouble with the braces ( if you seen the vid you know what iam talking about )

but yea david bowie my brothers thinking of billy idol so its a music theme this year so whats youre thoughts hope everyone is well x
David Bowie xD! That's a great choice! I'm also guessing this is the all-purpose Halloween 2017 thread?
The only time I ever dressed up was me technically being Jack Frost from Rise of the Guardians for Halloween the year the movie came out; except I was really just wearing the blue sweater and brown pants...with my regular hair and just being on the computer. I did want to buy the wig but...I never did.
And the following years after that I just didn't, but this year I'm going as an au version of Rin from Yugioh ARC-V to the Anime North Halloween Festival, and I probably will just wear the bracelet she wears to school and chill when I get home as the same costume I'll be wearing to the Festival.

Future plans:
Blue Angel/Aoi Zaizen, Yugioh Vrains

Follow me:
Deviantart / Tumblr / Instagram / CureCos

"My outfit makes me feel powerful, too."
Zoeyromanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2017, 09:42 PM   #9
Indiana Jolly
INDIANA JOLLY

I LIVE for Halloween! -so no, I won't pass up this chance to get in costume. Plus I'm a dad, so I enjoy it from the father-to-son point of view too. This year, I'm taking advantage of testing out a costume I might actually wear to a con, so it's a win-win situation. I'll post pics soon enough if it turns out.
Indiana Jolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2017, 02:37 AM   #10
GracefulNightingale
Witcheress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Jolly View Post
I LIVE for Halloween! -so no, I won't pass up this chance to get in costume. Plus I'm a dad, so I enjoy it from the father-to-son point of view too. This year, I'm taking advantage of testing out a costume I might actually wear to a con, so it's a win-win situation. I'll post pics soon enough if it turns out.
I'm with this guy. ^^^

I LOVE Halloween and I enjoy handing out candy to the trick-or-treaters in my neighborhood! I'll always dress up for Halloween, but I usually don't go super into it unless I'm attending a party or something. Last year my boyfriend and I pulled our Harry Potter robes out that we got at HP World at Universal Studios. I was hoping to create Mercy's Witch costume from Overwatch for Halloween this year, but that's not looking very likely, lol.

"Giving up is what kills people. When you refuse to give up, you transcend your humanity."- Alucard

2017 Conventions:
Momocon
Worldcon 75
Dragon*Con
AWA
GracefulNightingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2017, 11:57 PM   #11
Indiana Jolly
INDIANA JOLLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracefulNightingale View Post
I'm with this guy. ^^^
Attagirl, GracefulNightingale! I'll drink to that.
Indiana Jolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2017, 11:20 PM   #12
Rikki chan
Otaku Gamer Disney Geek

Halloween is one of my favorite times of the year so yes of course I'll cosplay. A friend of my dad throws a costume party every year. Since there's no cosplay buddies in my area. I try to cosplay something a little more mainstream like a comic book character or a Disney character. Something that those older folks might recognize. This year I'm cosplaying as Black Cat from Spider Man.
Mal from Descendants
Yui from SAO
Minnie Mouse

On hold
Kairi from KH2
Madoka Kaname
Eternal Sailor Moon
Reynn from World of Final Fantasy
Princess Elena
Miraculous Ladybug
Princess Merida
Musa from Winx
Sage from Star Darlings
Songstress Yuna

Planned
Rapunzel
Princess Leia
Hermione Granger
Lugia Gijinka
Zelda from Skyward Sword
Fawn from Tinkerbell
Rikki chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2017, 06:17 PM   #13
StarsOfCassiopeia
Engineer at Play

The last couple years, Halloween was always Regional Championships, so I was far away playing sports... this year I've finally got the chance to dress up, and I'm super excited, but nowhere near ready at all. OTL

My problem is that I always want to show off good work at Halloween, but also want to be a character that people will generally recognize... maybe I'll just save myself the trouble of a "con crunch" and be Ariel again. :'D
  • Arsene (Persona 5): ??% (---) Katsucon 2018
  • Uniform (Little Witch Academia): 18% (Sewing) ???
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook // Instagram // YouTube
StarsOfCassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2017, 07:02 AM   #14
CeruleanThorn
Sailor Moon Trash

Usually there aren't any cons in my area near Halloween and I don't go to parties so I never dress up. But this year my bf wants to go to a party, and I just finished Blake so why not?

Future:
Miku Hatsune
Lime Shijou
Rin Kagamine
Asuna Yuuki
CeruleanThorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2017, 08:42 PM   #15
Tigress

Given Oct. 31 is a major holiday for my religion (Samhain) and my husband's birthday, we don't really make a big deal out of it. We don't have kids (yet) to take trick-or-treating and we haven't had kids come by.

I disappoint my co-workers because they are expecting me to come to work dressed up, but I don't want to risk messing up my costumes by lifting a heavy printer or crawling behind a dusty desk.

But this year I may dress up as Rose Quartz to give the costume a test run and to give the kids something to be excited about.

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote