Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Spam Board > Archive

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 2.00 average.
Unread 11-26-2002, 11:49 PM   #1
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Otaku-con, Saturday Novemer 30th, NY,NY...the final post

Can't believe it. After months (all 3 of em) of planning, cursing and listening to message board bull, Otaku-con will be happending THIS Saturday, in the heart of NYC. Seeing how people are asking me when what why, I decided to plan the "to-do" list one last time...this time with times added!

12:00pm-1pm Meeting up on Penn Station, buy the Mcdonalds located on the lower floor by the LIR. For another way to get there, just look for the K-Mart on 34th and 8th, and walk down to the last floor, walk out to Penn Station and head towards ur left, we'll be in then corner near Mcdonals. Penn Station is loacted and 34 and 7th btw, and once u arrive at the said location, u'll sign in a be assigned with a group. Fuh eh?

1pm-2pm: Herald Sqaure:
Okay we have 3 or 4 destinations in this area. Jim Hanley's Universe (34th and 6th I believe), the Manhattan Mall (U cant miss it), various places of food, and Image Anime (28th and seventh). Each group will have 15-20 minutes in each location, longer if they which to skip one, and will meet up smack dab in the little park from there.

2:15-3:15
Time Sqaure/ Rockefeller Center
Okay this is gonna be a uber tricky one, seeing how it's a busy weekend. We have Toy'r Us in T.S. (home of the sum really cool bastardise anime sections) as well as Book Off(dirt cheap magna and art books). Up at Rock. we gots the Pokemon Store (pika! o^.^o) and Kinokuniya Bookstores(10 W49th St. Rock) as well. These places well be vistied upon request, so if u wanna go, u best say something now or at the con okies?

3:30-5:00 (in not earlier)
Union Square/St. Marks place.
One of the coolest places in Manhattan, we'll be hitting up Forbidden Planet up on 14th street, as well as St. Mark's place down on 8th, home of St. Mark's Comics and Toy Tokyo, the coolest import toy store in Manhattan. Hoewver, we can only go in there as small groups, so that's why we'll stay to five

5:15-???) Chinatown
The Holy Grail for anime geeks, we'll be hitting up all sorts of keen places like the Elizabeth center (underground anime mall), Anime Max( the offical fansub dealer of Otaku-com) Chinatown Fair arcade (the supreme arcade on the east coast for fighters and ddr geeks (if u can make it here, u can make it anywhere, cept maybe Tokyo) and well wherever.

That's pretty much it, I'll post anything important if weather/terrorist/whatever problems may arrise. Also, I REALLY REALLY NEED RSVPs,so I can make teams (so far there's only one established one and that's Team ME okies) Also as far as money goes, there is no admission fee, but ull need 4 bucks for a unlimited metro card for the day if u dont have one already okies. And so it's not a costumed event either and if it was, u wouldnt win coz I'm a selfish greed bag and i would make myslef the winner anyways ^^=. Any suggestions/ideas/whatever, post em on ur respected boards, or just im me on AIM @ Griever824(and tack on an "@ aol.com" if u need to mail me). Okies? I'm expecting a good amount of people and I'd hate to be disspointed.

-CHris

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis