Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Katsucon

Unread 08-16-2017, 01:04 PM   #1
mochi-sews

I'm not doing the photoshoot list this year

hello everyone! I usually do the unofficial shoots for katsucon every year and start around august to fully accommodate everyone. However due to the clusterfuck of last year, I don't have the mental energy to do it anymore. why?
  • 1.Katsucon has a system now It's what I set out to do last year and it happened. I don't know what they are doing ever and working with them despite my best efforts have been impossible. Despite speaking to multiple staff it seems I will never be taken seriously despite the work I've done
    2.Katsucon works far later If I start a list now, Katsucon will come out with their list of slots and like last year will most likely not tell me when they add new spots until later causing me to shift everything around
    3. No matter what I do, not everyone will be added between staff kicking people out and moving them, plus not being in the loop with when and where they add slots and how late they do it before the con, I can never add everyone's slots to ensure a stress free and safe spot for everyone, and that to me frustrates me.

I appreciate Katsucon as a convention but our paths are no longer able to go alongside each other so I've cut out the con since. Perhaps after I feel ready enough I can help other conventions create systems so everyone can meet up freely and easily but as it stands, I'm done. If anyone else wants to take my place they are more than welcome to, but PLEASE WORK WITH THE CON. Katsucon as a company comes first as we are attendees, if they add slots, move people who are in those spots at those times. They as a company I'm sure will continue to do better and better with their system so trust them that they will do better. I hop you all continue to make great memories and have fun as I intended when I started this journey over 2 years ago. I love all of you on here who made it fun for me to help you all. Good luck friends <3
Rin from Love Live! School Festival
Flygon gijinka from Pokemon
Kukaku from Bleach
Don't be afraid to talk to me I love making new friends!
mochi-sews is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2017, 09:26 PM   #2
strawbryshuichi
::headdesk::

So will there not be a list at all this year? I understand that working with the con is a pain, but as I see now, there any anyone AT ALL putting anything together. And Katsucon isn’t a big enough space to have clashing shoots.

Is there anything I can do to help? And if so, do you have the spaces from last year??