I'm playing this ridiculous and addictive mobile game "Summoner's War" and considering a cosplay of one of my favorite characters, Galleon the pirate captain. Fortunately, it's a low-res, low-polygon character model, so I have a lot of flexibility.
Looking for advice for a pattern the long coat. I'm reasonably skilled at working with commercial patterns and can do some modifications to patterns, though I don't have decades of experience.
- Lapel and huge ridiculous standing collar. I can modify a small collar pattern into a big one, but I don't think I can add a collar to pattern that doesn't already have one.
- Slim, tailored fit at the waist, then flares out down to the ankle
- Turned-up, large pirate-y sleeve cuffs
- Full lining, since I'll be wearing it without a shirt. I may be able to add lining to a pattern that doesn't have it.
- I think I can design and add most of the embellishments myself (though any additional advice on those would be great too)
I've looked at the following:
: Way too boxy, no sleeve cuffs, and overall just not the right shape. I like it for other purposes though.
: No collar or lapel, not tailored in at the waist. Single pleat in the back is good though. Here's
where someone made it
: No collar or lapel, not tailored in at the waist. front seams aren't quite princess seams but are still kinda shaped for a laaaaaady
: Wrong front closure, but I could modify this I think. Collar style is not quite right, not sure I could modify this. Back has two pleats, but I need one center pleat - but this isn't a deal-breaker. Comes with boot-cover pattern which is a big bonus.
: Kinda close. I could probably make it work if I don't find anything better. Obviously I'd modify the drape in the front, and the sleeve cuffs aren't quite right. Bonus, I already own this pattern (unopened).
: I like the collar and lapel, the tuck in at the waist, and the length. Curved front (princess?) seam to fit a feminine shape, though - I don't think I'm skilled enough to modify this.
I like quite a bit, but I can't find any reference to any commercial pattern that was used as a base.
Or I just buy something like this
, hack it apart, and make my own pattern.
Point me in the right direction, y'all.