Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Unread 11-25-2017, 01:40 PM   #1
Vodkaaa

Love Live cosplay

Some time ago someone suggested me to try cosplaying Nozomi and/or Hanamaru from Love Live and I don't really want to do the uniforms. I was thinking about which costume should I make but I can't decide. So here's the question:
Which sets/outfits of these two are your favourite? Or which ones do you suggest to make for someone with not that much experiece in cosplay?
Vodkaaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-26-2017, 08:04 AM   #2
StarsOfCassiopeia
Engineer at Play

LL has a million and one options, so there's a LOT you can do here!

In terms of craftsmanship, generally the more like street clothes an outfit is, the easier it is to construct. That's because you can usually find a commercial pattern that'll work, and anything you have to custom pattern gets way more complicated, especially if you haven't done it before.

Things that can be complicated that you often find in LL designs: gradients (you'll probably have to dye this yourself), lots of tiny details (tedious/time consuming), weirdly specific shoes (you'll need boot covers or need to add the details yourself).

There's also always cosplay shops like Uwowo and Taobao sellers if you just want to cosplay and crafting isn't your goal!
  • Arsene (Persona 5): ??% (---) Katsucon 2018
  • Uniform (Little Witch Academia): 18% (Sewing) ???
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook // Instagram // YouTube
StarsOfCassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2017, 09:49 AM   #3
Vodkaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsOfCassiopeia View Post
LL has a million and one options, so there's a LOT you can do here!

In terms of craftsmanship, generally the more like street clothes an outfit is, the easier it is to construct. That's because you can usually find a commercial pattern that'll work, and anything you have to custom pattern gets way more complicated, especially if you haven't done it before.

Things that can be complicated that you often find in LL designs: gradients (you'll probably have to dye this yourself), lots of tiny details (tedious/time consuming), weirdly specific shoes (you'll need boot covers or need to add the details yourself).

There's also always cosplay shops like Uwowo and Taobao sellers if you just want to cosplay and crafting isn't your goal!
I wanted to try sewing this costume, that's why I'm looking for something not overly complicated. to be honest I was thinking about unidolized marine Nozomi and idolized initial SR Hanamaru. Especially the second one, because then I can easily swap character by making bowtie of different color. ^^
Vodkaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2017, 11:15 PM   #4
Maurishio-kun
17 forever!!

For Nozomi you can perfectly try Snow Halation costume since those are not too complicated but are also very appealing, for Hanamaru... Well... Aqours costumes are a little more complicated, but I guess Mirai Ticket one may fit your difficulty level.

"I have two dreams in my life: Going to Japan and throwing eggs to Jeannie Mai."

Maurishio-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2017, 09:43 PM   #5
StarsOfCassiopeia
Engineer at Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodkaaa View Post
I wanted to try sewing this costume, that's why I'm looking for something not overly complicated. to be honest I was thinking about unidolized marine Nozomi and idolized initial SR Hanamaru. Especially the second one, because then I can easily swap character by making bowtie of different color. ^^
Both of those are really, really good first time sewing projects! Personally I think Hanamaru's SR will be a little more straightforward, as you're likely going to be able to find a near exact pattern for the yellow part of the dress, and you'll just have to add in the white yourself (or layer the dress over a blouse).
  • Arsene (Persona 5): ??% (---) Katsucon 2018
  • Uniform (Little Witch Academia): 18% (Sewing) ???
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook // Instagram // YouTube
StarsOfCassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote