Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime USA

Unread 06-11-2004, 10:08 PM   #1
Terumi
Guilty Jesus Freak

Smile About AnimeUSA????

Hey guys,

I have never been to Anime USA before, and right now my friends and I are trying to pick out a convention near North Carolina to go to before the year is over. (We were going to Otakon, but some events may prevent us from being able to go this year! ) Can anyone who's attended before tell me a little about Anime USA? Size, fun stuff, kind staff, etc? Thank you guys in advance!
Terumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-12-2004, 01:09 AM   #2
Darxim
Loafer Extraordinaire

It is a small con, but larger than Anime Mid-Atlantic. It is in Northern Virginia, just outside DC (kinda Northwest of it). It is probably my favorite con. The staff is very kind except for one guy, but he only tends to his own affairs at the con itself, so it doesn't matter. It's a really nice hotel, too. Lots of event-type stuffs to attend. Very social. If you like meeting peoeple, it's a good con.

I like it a lot better than Otakon. Otakon is just too big. I'm still going to Otakon, because, well, it only takes me two hours to get there (with traffic), and there's not a whole lotta other cons to go to in July.
Darxim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2004, 09:00 PM   #3
Terumi
Guilty Jesus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darxim
It is a small con, but larger than Anime Mid-Atlantic. It is in Northern Virginia, just outside DC (kinda Northwest of it). It is probably my favorite con. The staff is very kind except for one guy, but he only tends to his own affairs at the con itself, so it doesn't matter. It's a really nice hotel, too. Lots of event-type stuffs to attend. Very social. If you like meeting peoeple, it's a good con.

I like it a lot better than Otakon. Otakon is just too big. I'm still going to Otakon, because, well, it only takes me two hours to get there (with traffic), and there's not a whole lotta other cons to go to in July.
Thank you!! ^^ I was wondering about all that.
Terumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2004, 09:25 AM   #4
marronsama
How YOU Doin'?

I have made the trip to AUSA a couple of times and am going again this year, most likely for Saturday and Sunday... i doubt i will get there before 7 or 8 on Friday night.

he con has been small, but the programming has been excellent the times i have attended.
Unread 06-24-2004, 10:11 AM   #5
aku
Mr. Johnny Rainbow

AnimeUSA rocks. The past two years I've been there, the people are friendly, and there hasn't been much screwup in terms of programming because it's not a big con to take care of. It's a very good socializing con, I'll agree.
aku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2004, 02:18 PM   #6
trigunvash
Zombie eliminator

Yes I have to agree AUSA is a small but excellent convention. A big difference from Otakon which is big and caotic. Some people only go to Otakon exclusive and they are done for the year, they ususally skip small cons. But once you go I think you'll understand why just because its a "small con" doesn't mean its not just as good.
trigunvash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2004, 03:10 PM   #7
lunasreincarnat
hallelujah, lock and load

anime usa is my favorite convention. its small but i like it like that. i still say there is plenty to do. the dealer room isnt as big but atleast you can browse the tables unlike at otakon or katsucon where you have to fight your way to the box of jrock cds. i cant wait to go agian this year, ill be in the masq and have a table at artist alley.
Violet Addams (egl steampunk), Lucy (I Love Lucy), Misa (Deathnote), Beatrix(FF9), Konata (Lucky Star), Alice(DDR5th mix), Fruits EGL
lunasreincarnat is offline   Reply With Quote