Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > AnimeFEST

Unread 09-27-2004, 04:51 PM   #196
Ss-Balgias
allyourfragsarebelongtome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna
Me and and the same friends who went to A-kon with me are planning to go. My psychicer costume MIGHT be finished by then but I think that I'll just go as FFX Yuna.(I need to start working on a staff)

Hah, your gonnna join a ff8 group ? that might be interesting, but do hope you finish your other costume first, i doubt you reallly really wanna go as selfie..

Unread 09-27-2004, 04:51 PM   #197
skypirate
There are four lights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti
Usually, when I go to cons, I expect the vendors present to have an adequate supply of manga currently available to the masses. Maybe I wasn't aware of this; but I thought the following behind Alice the 19th was relatively small, which is why I was surprised that every dealer that had manga was sold out. I expect that to happen on Sunday, not Saturday.
As for the rave, I stand by my opinion. There was NO ONE there. Everyone was off in little groups, standing around, not dancing. The music playing was not something that I can dance to. The only thing I remotely enjoyed was the fact that the DJ played the Japanese opening to Sailor Moon.
I'm not blaming AnimeFest for any of this. I was disappointed. I've enjoyed the con in years past, but now, it's not worth it to go back and spend money that I could use otherwise. I'd rather put it to use by going to another con.
I think the dance/rave/whatever would've been better if perhaps there would've been more people. Maybe then I would've enjoyed it, maybe not.
Rather than walk away, I would encourage you to take a more active role in the next convention.

Volunteer and change things from the inside. Write vendors ahead of time and tell them what you want.

More importantly, recognize there's a business opportunity here. If all the other vendors were sold out and you had been there with a huge stock of manga on hand, think of the small fortune you could have made.
skypirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2004, 04:56 PM   #198
Anna
Still Alive

Robert I think that I know what I want to Cosplay as. And it's not her regular yellow dress, it's the uniform she wears in the Dollet feild exam.

And Tahti, actions speak better than words. Skypirate's right rather than sitting there and whining, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!
Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2004, 06:47 PM   #199
skypirate
There are four lights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry
Again, the dealers = Not the convention's fault.

The Rave = One small aspect of the convention.

No longer supporting the convention over one small event, and another that they had absolutely no control over seems extreme, and rather unthoughtful.

It's your decision, though I don't see why such things need to be brought up on a cosplay-directed board.

ANYWAY.

So who's all doin' what next year? Anyone have any plans?

[ALSO] The Silvermoon people, congrats! You did SO amazingly well!
I really want to try being Erik Lensherr, Magneto from X-2 (sans dorky helmut) sometime next year. I'm going to need to save my pennies, find some one who takes commissions, and also has a sense of humor. :Čj

Costume or not, I'll be at the DFW conventions. Maybe one Houston convention.
Unread 09-27-2004, 07:02 PM   #200
Cherry

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypirate
I really want to try being Erik Lensherr, Magneto from X-2 (sans dorky helmut) sometime next year. I'm going to need to save my pennies, find some one who takes commissions, and also has a sense of humor. :Čj

Costume or not, I'll be at the DFW conventions. Maybe one Houston convention.
xD OH MY GOODNESS...I will dress as Pietro, if you do that. XDDDDDDD
Unread 09-27-2004, 07:52 PM   #201
skypirate
There are four lights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry
xD OH MY GOODNESS...I will dress as Pietro, if you do that. XDDDDDDD
Now we are talking about the movie version, that will get me confused with some sort of officer assigned to the Death Star, not the red and purple comic book Magneto. No, no one should have to suffer through witnessing that.
Unread 09-27-2004, 08:58 PM   #202
Tenya Muyo
Mad as a Hatter XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypirate
Now we are talking about the movie version, that will get me confused with some sort of officer assigned to the Death Star, not the red and purple comic book Magneto. No, no one should have to suffer through witnessing that.

*snort* Awww come on! I'd think it be cool Sky! But if not..........
Geez, next year's way to far away to think about what to wear then. The only thing i know for sure is that I'm gonna be there! Unless somehow the world ends next September, then that might be a problem......... Ah well, minor detail

And what about a certain cosplay picnic next year, ney Cherry? *nudge, nudge*

Wait..... why IS a raven like a writing desk....
Tenya Muyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2004, 09:45 PM   #203
Anna
Still Alive

*nudges Cherry as well* December might be a good time like you said(at least I think you said November or December, I don't know ou were talking to fast) seeing as after Anime Day 2/Itzacon 6 there won't be any cons in Texas till Ushi-con (as far as I know)

I hope Anime FEST is a little bit more organized next year. I had fun and all but it just seem to horribly organized to me, espcially the registration line *shudder* But it was my 3rd con so I guess that I can't say very much.
Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2004, 10:39 PM   #204
Grit
Can I get an OBJECTION?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna
*nudges Cherry as well* December might be a good time like you said(at least I think you said November or December, I don't know ou were talking to fast) seeing as after Anime Day 2/Itzacon 6 there won't be any cons in Texas till Ushi-con (as far as I know)

I hope Anime FEST is a little bit more organized next year. I had fun and all but it just seem to horribly organized to me, espcially the registration line *shudder* But it was my 3rd con so I guess that I can't say very much.
I know what ya mean. The registration line was calm on Friday, but Saturday morning...BOOM it becomes so huge. It was crazy...I'm glad I got there Friday night, no line at all. It was a bit too small as well...I was really hoping they'd have DDR there.Thankfully a guy there brought DDR and hooked it up for all to play.Other than that and those times someone pulled the fire alarm 2 to 3 freaking times...it was fun.That really made me mad, I want to go back to the Hyatt center for 2005.

And if your out there, DDR man....I just want to say "Thanks for bringing DDR and I hope you find a girl!"

Provided that guy goes to Cosplay.com.

(Current Costumes: Phoenix Wright, Sho Minamimoto)
(Future Costume Goals: Diamond, Agent Lang, Spy)
Grit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2004, 03:06 PM   #205
stormbringer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grit
I know what ya mean. The registration line was calm on Friday, but Saturday morning...BOOM it becomes so huge. It was crazy...I'm glad I got there Friday night, no line at all. It was a bit too small as well...I was really hoping they'd have DDR there.Thankfully a guy there brought DDR and hooked it up for all to play.Other than that and those times someone pulled the fire alarm 2 to 3 freaking times...it was fun.That really made me mad, I want to go back to the Hyatt center for 2005.

And if your out there, DDR man....I just want to say "Thanks for bringing DDR and I hope you find a girl!"

Provided that guy goes to Cosplay.com.
DDR? Woah! I'm glad my sister didn't see that! She would've spent the whole time there showin off. So whut version did they have there? DDR Max? DDR Max 2? Did you know that there is a hard arcade type pad that Frys electronicks sells?
stormbringer246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2004, 11:57 PM   #206
AoKoneko
Banned

OUA XD this is soooo kewl. Readin about all the costumes/cosplayers that are going to be at oni-con this year....I can't wait. *tells her self to just give it time before u know it will be here and u wont know what to do again LOL*
EHEHEHEHEHE OMGOSH I know I wont be able to sleep to night now. *dreams of oni and all of the costumes....like candy land* *grins*

~AK~
Oni-con Cosplay list-
LeeLoo from the Fifth Element
Halliucination Sara from the movie The Labyrinth
Halliucincation Jarth from the movie The Labyrinth
Mokorin from Please Save my Earth
Sally from NBC
Sailor Star Fighter from Sailor Stars
AoKoneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2004, 11:59 PM   #207
AoKoneko
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grit
True.Very true.

Con love...there isn't anything else like it.
so true soo soo true ^^. Well, that and finding a really rare anime/manga/ or CD that hasnt come to the US yet. I feel like I'm gonna die everytime I find a good CD> *big music freak*
Unread 09-29-2004, 12:04 AM   #208
AoKoneko
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer246
Wow... all these Con Love stories should be published and sold at future conventions... they are all so perfect and almost story like. I bet if they did make a book of it it would be a good seller!
Con love for me? umm... i think i'm to young for that. I did get glomped lotsa times and i got kissed on the cheek by a fan girl... heh heh...
Not a bad idea.. ^^ storm. ^^ hehe. Right now I'm working on a cosplay photo book with a friend. ^^. The idea line is cosplay threw the years. Show each year and what the most pop anime, manga, Jpop/Jrock, EGL, and music group/style was done at the time.

~AK~
Oni-con Cosplay list-
Sally from NBC
Unread 10-01-2004, 10:40 PM   #209
stormbringer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoKoneko
Not a bad idea.. ^^ storm. ^^ hehe. Right now I'm working on a cosplay photo book with a friend. ^^. The idea line is cosplay threw the years. Show each year and what the most pop anime, manga, Jpop/Jrock, EGL, and music group/style was done at the time.

~AK~
Oni-con Cosplay list-
Sally from NBC
I bet the cosplay book will turn out great! ^^ it really is cool
stormbringer246 is offline   Reply With Quote