Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Costume Critique

Unread 06-14-2004, 11:35 AM   #1
KawaiiNeko85

Completed Sailor Iron Mouse

So this is the Iron Mouse costume I wore to A-Kon 15. Is there anything I can do to improve it? Thanks!

http://images.cosplay.com/showgaller...0&ppuser=15655

Last edited by KawaiiNeko85 : 06-14-2004 at 11:38 AM.
KawaiiNeko85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-14-2004, 08:00 PM   #2
Scoti
Lv. 99

first I'd like to say that you did an excellent job overall. I really love the tail ^ ^ I don't think there is anything that really needs improvment. Maybe you could make the lines on the "dress" thicker? just so that they stand out alittle more.
Unread 06-14-2004, 08:26 PM   #3
Mew_Pudding
Tits.

=d

Yay for Animates! I can`t see anything that wasn`t done extremely well! It all looks so good. Your ears and tail are really kawaii. *_* You did really good on the detail too, I can`t see anything that doesn`t look exactly like Iron Mouse`s. Really really really good job on this!! Its really good!
Mew_Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2004, 08:01 AM   #4
KawaiiNeko85

Wow, thank you! ^_^

I worked really hard on it, and am surprised it turned out as well as it did (in my mind). I mean, it's only the third thing I've ever sewn (second costume; first was Kagome from Inu Yasha), and I sort of decided to do it on a lark so it took me the full three weeks before the con to get it done ^_^;; And I know Iron Mouse's tail and ears aren't so fluffy but I thought it'd be cuter.

Anything else?

I did run into some problems, such as no pattern for the top part of the dress (the bust; two pieces in front nothing in back). My mom (protective despite my age) insisted on a safety pin at the bottom because I had to make up the pattern and though they covered what they were supposed to cover, they still opened up a lot in the front and gave too much of a view from the side. How can I make it fit better?

Last edited by KawaiiNeko85 : 06-15-2004 at 08:04 AM.
KawaiiNeko85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2004, 09:34 AM   #5
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

Looking good! ^^ Definately one of the better Iron Mouse costumes I have seen. I myself am going to attempt this costume in the near future, I love the Animates and the STARS season, in general. The only thing I would suggest to you is to get some white tights, other than that, I can't really see anything else to point out. ^_^

*~Hime no Toki~*

2014 - Upcoming Conventions :
Anime Weekend Atlanta (GA) - FandomCon (FL)

Upcoming costumes : Princess Garnet (coronation gown) from FFIX, Edea Lee (various costmes) from Bravely Default, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
Hime no Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2004, 06:19 PM   #6
Vegetto's Girl
one whos never loved

really good, I really love it. Can't say much, other than it is great
Vegetto's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2004, 08:50 PM   #7
Senko-chan

Very nice, I like the material that you made the costume out of and I love the shoes! The wig is also great...the whole costume it! good job ^_^
Senko-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2004, 07:34 PM   #8
Bluest Mercury
Cosplay is an art

Wah! i Saw you at A-kon 15, I was dressed as Sailor Mercury. Are you gonna be at Animefest?? Great costume by the way,i didn't get to tell ya that when i saw you^^!
Bluest Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2004, 09:22 PM   #9
Neo_Serenity
Queen of the Cosmos

I found one thing you are missing- the signature Anima-mate peice of jewelery- the gold jeweled wrist cuffs. (unless you do have them, i just couldn't see them in any of your pictures) Otherwise, the outfit is pretty darn perfect! Good job.

Hall Cosplay Department Manager - Anime Los Angeles : www.animelosangeles.org
Neo_Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2004, 01:35 AM   #10
Fluffy-chan
Texas Star

I saw you at A-kon 15 too! ^.^

You are the best Sailor Iron Mouse I have ever seen! Everything looks really great! Keep up the good work!

Are you gonna go to Oni-Con?
Fluffy-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2004, 01:09 PM   #11
Chastangela
Suiren no Ningyo

Talking

Hi! Great outfit, its nice to see other characters from Sailor Moon done and done well. The costume itself really doesn't need to be improved upon, I think its just the accents that could help. As others have said, the addition of the details like the wrist band and wider black lines running down the skirt but I might also reccommend finding a way to pouf the bottom of the skirt out a bit more. I'm not sure how best to do this but perhaps either by adding some interfacing to the skirt or wire to the hem or even a tiny bit of stuffing along the bottom. Its not urgently needed or anything because the costume looks great but it might make it more accurate and more dramatic looking. The other thing I noticed is that unless its a really close up view, its hard to see the gold beads and accents like the ears, necklace, star and headpiece. Making all the gold accents brighter and maybe bigger will bring up the look of the cos, make it seem more detailed and easier to see from any sort of distance. Great job!
Chastangela is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2004, 03:45 PM   #12
tsukinohime3
Locked in my Workshop

my only suggestion is to make the bottom of the dress a little puffier. That's basically the main part about her that is so unique. It, like, bulges...can't think of a better word. Try some pillow stuffing and see how that goes!

you did a great job! SO KAWAII!! @_@
Beth

Quick edit: only after looking at a picture for 5 minutes did i think of something else (which just proves that it looks THAT good!):
her black bow should probably be a little longer...but that's just getting too discrete, ne?? again, good work!!

Last edited by tsukinohime3 : 09-10-2004 at 03:48 PM.
tsukinohime3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2004, 07:03 PM   #13
Yunalesca
New spin on necrophilia

Make the ribbons hticker and the bows bigger. Puff the thing out more and hike it up so you're showing more undies (I'm only saying that becase the cahracter does, I'm not trying to be perverted here.)
"Like what?" Cid asked. "Like I feel I'm going to lost a sanity contest with a transvestite who has an oedipus complex for an estraerrestrial? Like I just had sex with a praying mantis and I'm wondering why I' haven't been eaten? It's just one of those days and I haven't had a ciggerette all day.'
I think I just lost my fucking marbles," Cid said. " And you're playing with them."
Yunalesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2004, 06:05 PM   #14
ChobitsAreGo
Dduatta!

Looking at the attached picture and looking at your costume...WOW! I love the boots and the gloves, they came out GREAT! I really like this effort, you get three out of four hearts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 06.jpg (23.4 KB, 0 views)
ChobitsAreGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2004, 10:14 PM   #15
SongofAmazon
Sing me Mercury

kawaii! I love how you used actually fluffy stuff for her ears and tail too. ^_^

I agree with the need for galactica bracelets and poofier bottom... but also, maybe using a slightly less shiny material to make it look better in photos. I'n real life, shiny is great, but photos make it look icky (I found this out the hard way myself ^^).

Over all, great job!

Costumes for this Season:
Subaru - .hack//SIGN
Crystal - Pokemon
Li Kohran - Sakura Taisen
Eirote - Scrapped Princess
Sarasa - Basara
SongofAmazon is offline   Reply With Quote