Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > InuYasha

Unread 06-21-2004, 01:38 AM   #1
Leif_405

A...differnet InuYasha outfit idea

i got bored the other day and was thinking, "Does a cosplay outfit have to stick to exactly what the character wears?" this led to the idea of an InuYasha outfit that puts him in more present day clothing. Currently i am still in the thinking phases of the whole thing. basically i would make a sort of 'Raver' InuYasha. I would need a white wig(still long hair though), red beanie, doggy demon ears, red raver pants, an inuyasha t-shirt and a red hoodie/jacket. i just can't think of how to get the Tetsaiga, i mean i don't want to make a transformed tetsaiga from paper machet, i prefer that katana non-transformed version. any suggestions, comments, critizism is very openly accepted. thank you.

Unread 06-21-2004, 10:55 AM   #2
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

Personally, I think there's nothing wrong with being original. There's lots of Inuyasha's floating around conventions, and it would still be a recognizeable character. If you want to do it, go for it!

By the way, I also need red raver pants for something else... lemme know where you find some. ^^

In Toronto and like kimono? Check out the Toronto Kimono Club!
Eleryth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2004, 11:00 AM   #3
Scortia

go for it if you wanna cut back on the cosplay work... just letting you know I've seen 3 or so raver Inu Yasha already... the raver and gothic cosplays are becoming more and more abundant... or as many of us call them "Hot Topic cosplaying".
Unread 06-21-2004, 10:11 PM   #4
Chiri
blahblahblah

I can agree with Scortia. Why not try the opposite and do a thug InuYasha XD?? Um yeah...Don't listen to me. ::scoots away::
Chiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2004, 10:41 PM   #5
TheRealFolkBlue

As Long as The costume will be reconignisible (Trust me, it sucks to have 100 people walk up and say "And you are??"
I think It would be a very cool idea
TheRealFolkBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2004, 10:49 PM   #6
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

Hmm, other variants?

Inuyasha goes to school - the hair and ears are usually recognizeable enough; seeing him in a gakuran (or whatever Kagome's school's boys uniform is) would be neat (like he came to her time and decided to stay). Or make his uniform red?

Sadly, I can't really think of much...

Unread 06-21-2004, 11:21 PM   #7
Dreamer81382
Gainax Boy

Most definitely.

An original costume is even more impressive when it's able to fit in with continuity. That not only shows creativity, but also devotion and knowledge of the show you're cosplaying.

Inuyasha school uniform is an excellent example of that.

"Smile Often, feelings are contagious"

[Anime Law #248: Nothing Crispin Freeman does is Bad]
Dreamer81382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2004, 08:15 AM   #8
Lyulf
**STUPIFY =====*

You don't even have to do his half demon version either, try it as his human form with a black wig
Unread 06-22-2004, 04:02 PM   #9
Excel_Dudette

I wanna go as Kikyo
Excel_Dudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2004, 04:50 PM   #10
Shanks
Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leif_405
i got bored the other day and was thinking, "Does a cosplay outfit have to stick to exactly what the character wears?" this led to the idea of an InuYasha outfit that puts him in more present day clothing. Currently i am still in the thinking phases of the whole thing. basically i would make a sort of 'Raver' InuYasha. I would need a white wig(still long hair though), red beanie, doggy demon ears, red raver pants, an inuyasha t-shirt and a red hoodie/jacket. i just can't think of how to get the Tetsaiga, i mean i don't want to make a transformed tetsaiga from paper machet, i prefer that katana non-transformed version. any suggestions, comments, critizism is very openly accepted. thank you.
Here you go kiddo

http://www.fantasyprops.com/gallery/tetsusaiga.html

Gonna have to email that guy about it though, see prices and whatnot.
Unread 06-22-2004, 06:24 PM   #11
Excel_Dudette

can anyone give me tips on how to make kikyo's costume?
Unread 06-22-2004, 06:25 PM   #12
Excel_Dudette

can anyone give me tips on how to make kikyo's costume?
Unread 06-22-2004, 07:06 PM   #13
Tora
Agent IY

Heyyyy! I've done a "raver version" and a "modern version" (edit - Ohhh yah! and a "pj version" too ^_^) that you can check out in my gallery if ya want. The ideas I had were based on a few fanpics I drew and my friends loved 'em. SO I figured why not make costumes that look like that ^_^.

I tend to keep the untransformed Tetsusaiga at my side when in those costumes too. You have a few choices, you can either use a base hilt and connect it directly to the sheath, or shave down a real bokken, cover it with metal tape, and find a fitting sheath for that. My friend Chris made my untransformed Tetsusaiga for me and that's what he did.

Either way, sword or not, you'll be fine. It's fun to get reactions out of people who already love the character, and seeing the character in a different outfit can make them crazy! LOL Just watch out for flying glomps ^_^

AoC.com

M*Y*V

Last edited by Tora : 06-22-2004 at 07:09 PM.
Tora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2004, 05:02 PM   #14
Excel_Dudette

i meant Kikyo, not Inuyasha...oh well
Unread 06-23-2004, 07:42 PM   #15
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

OT: Excel, there are lots of threads on Kikyo. This one should remain on topic - a different Inuyasha costume. To find info on Kikyo, search the forums using the top right hand button (its purple). Just make sure it says 'Search this forum' and not 'Search this thread'. There's a really excellent thread called something like 'kikyo accessories and want to sees' - it's probably a few pages back.

Here's the search result for 'kikyo'. There's at least 5 threads on the first page that say 'kikyo help' in the title; one of them can probably help you.

http://forums.cosplay.com/search.php?searchid=277826

On Topic: Tora, I've seen pics of your IY outfits... I think you were one of the first original IYs I've seen.

So, Leif, have you decided on a costume yet? Still going raver, or something else?