Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > AnimeNEXT

Unread 06-23-2004, 01:26 AM   #1
neoangelwink
waiting

Talking fab thing of animenext

ok we went there not happy time wit some stuff. let go to lighter note.
waht did u like best about anime nexts. i really in joy seeing my freind that dont get to see offented. i really joyed being a panelest for ff panel. i love amv they were great. panel i went were fun. wise idid more thought. shoot very fun. ^_^ i joy artest ally. dealer room was great. the pool phot shoot was fun. i feel really good from that con. even with cosplay not going as will we hoped for. i give anime next a yes im coming back oh yeah. how bout any else??? tee share your joy!!!
neoangelwink is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-23-2004, 03:22 AM   #2
Tsumanne
History Nerd

I was there on Saturday so I only wore one costume which was my Patlabor gig see avatar left). I had my fun. I liked the dealers room. Finaly picked up Azumanga Daioh and a Japanese copy of Ranma 1/2 the manga. It'll help me learn to read Japanese. My plan is to able able to read it by the time I come back from Japan.

I liked the Anime Music Game Show. That was funny. And of course the Music Videos which is one of my favorite parts of a con. The ADV pannel was also very informitive. I had to leave before the masquerade though. I left at about 6:00 pm. Not missing the one at otakon.

Event Calendar:
Comic Market 87 - Tokyo, Japan: December
Tsumanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2004, 05:26 AM   #3
Nekobun
ate with it. He has pics.

I loved both the Spunks/Peelander Z concert and the Cosmicity concert/dance; I'd been waiting all year to see Peelander again, and heck, I got onstage TWICE! Mad love there. And Cosmicity, I'd actually been familiar with before the con (probably one of the few), and it was nice to finally hear them live. Gods, is he a nice guy. That, and the dance was pretty nice, even with delays probably cutting it short some, and what happened to that one guy, whom I'd actually met earlier (and came out okay, thankfully).
Nekobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2004, 06:48 AM   #4
Dark_Dragoon
desu desu desu

Buying stuff for myself in the dealers room! hehe I wish I could've stayed for the concert I'm still totally bummed over that... -_- NoooOOoo!! But for the time I was there on Friday besides buying stuff I thought seeing all the awesome cosplayers was my fav thing about the con
Dark_Dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2004, 08:04 AM   #5
Goggle
is not a search engine.

Besides all the cool things to do and the great costumes, the best part was the nice con-goers. I was able to talk to people I didn't know but still they were all very friendly.
As for favorite event, I'd say the showing of Gravitation at 4:30PM on Saturday. I went never have seen a showing at a con before and didn't expect so many screaming girls the entire time (naturally, I expected the screaming certain times). Not that I'm mad or annoyed with any of you. It was very fun and I joined in with the screaming too.

Otakon 2014
Mayaya (Kuragehime) Yuri (King of Fighters)
Goggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2004, 12:43 PM   #6
Zephyrs
I Am! A Man! Of The Sea!

You know what was really awesome but I'm pretty sure none of you went to? The Cosplay Haters panel. Seriously, the panelist didn't show because he was setting up the masquerade, so random guys who've judged past ones went up there and became impromptu panelists ("because there are empty chairs up here!") and just told stories of those experiences, and general anime/con stories that were hilarious beyond belief. We left around 8:50 to get to the only other thing that could rival that panel in hilarity - parody fandubs! Awesomeness!
Zephyrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2004, 02:20 PM   #7
Sorahana
...That was a joke

I loved the fact I got to meet so many people and um cosplay!! This was my 6th con so wh00t! I loved the Richard Cox/Moneca Stori panels. Richard is such a hilarious guy *lmfao* He said we sounded like a bunch of women on menopause, he prefers Coke over Pepsi (I asked him that lol), I got in a fight with him at one point (it was over the stupid question count hahaha xDD), and um yea..........he rocked and I got pics with him too and 2 shirts signed so that rocked!
Panda Punch: Cosplay Photography
Sorahana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2004, 05:42 PM   #8
Cyn
You bleed from my words

Leaving the con? Alcohol as well.
Unread 06-23-2004, 06:18 PM   #9
KaineMaxwell
Don't mess with mutants

-Seeing all my friends and making some new ones
-Buying some cool stuff (Go Carrie!)
-The rave
-A little drinking
-Staying up till 6am both nights

Shinigami Photos

Last edited by KaineMaxwell : 06-23-2004 at 06:33 PM.
KaineMaxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2004, 06:30 PM   #10
quadrophenia
romantic egoist

Woo positives! Getting the free teeshirt Peelander Z batted to the crowd was pretty awesome. Also, for once I found everything I had been looking for in the dealers room, including the Disgaea figures that I thought I would never ever see in a dealers room!

The Anime name that tune game show was pretty fun as well, though I was totally ashamed of my lack of knowledge o_o. The Maru/Badtz game was also fun... also, SWIMMIN'!! And seeing everyone in cosplay was great as usual ^_^

"I spread my wings and touch ten million other worlds."
quadrophenia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2004, 06:37 PM   #11
ladysubaru25
Karaoke Queen...

Well, first off, I have to say my fav part of ANext '04 was my sweet-A$$ photoshoot that Dave did SAt. AM... that friggen rocked.

http://www.ng-master.com/Photoshoots...baru/index.htm

Another fav. part of the weekend was getting to meet everyone at last (KaineMaxwell, DJ Ranma, AnimeLoneWolf, small lady, hikura, sailor-moon...) and seeing other friends again (Hiroe, Clint... ya know who you are! )

Rating right up there with that was the impromptu driving trips to Brooklyn and Mitsuwa (courtesy of Hiroe's big green van...) the room parties and the decision to climb the fence of the pool at 4AM Sun morning and jump in with all of our clothes on. (My shoes STILL have not dried out from that... )

ANext was certainly an experience... can't wait to do it all over again!

Last edited by ladysubaru25 : 06-24-2004 at 01:02 AM.
ladysubaru25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2004, 07:10 PM   #12
hikura
Flyboy

Some of my favorite things.Getting to cuddle and pet a very large plushie grunty that was owned by small_lady.
Saying hi to ladysubaru25 and asking her if she wants to get high(i know illegal activity but i was not serious..i do not advise doing this).
Trying to molest kaine_maxwell in a yaoi fashion.lol.Plus getting to hang with kaine_maxwell for awhile.
Having different types of fun with seiya and shawn.Plus seeing lots of people from cosplay.com and saying hi.

Last edited by hikura : 06-23-2004 at 09:51 PM.
hikura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2004, 07:33 PM   #13
Dokudel
Doky Doky

I thought me having a table at the artist alley was quite fun.I drew anime pics for people and drew some on my own time when no one was ordering.I's fun seeing peoples face happy when you do a nice deed.My jelly jellos sold out the first day x.x I love to cosplay.And making my boyfriend a costume was cute.Oh and talking to all of the people that came to my table!Or who brought something from me!They were so cute and nice. ^_^

Interested in a costume? Message me for commissions!
~*Conventions for 2013*~
MAGFest, Setsucon, Katsucon, SpringFEST NY, Castle Point Anime, D.C. Sakura Matsuri, N.Y.C. Sakura Matsuri, Steam Punk Worlds Fair, Animazement, Otakon, AAC, AnimeUSA, and TAKII.
Dokudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2004, 09:30 PM   #14
Mew_Pudding
Tits.

Yaaaaaay!

~ Just bein` at a Con!
~ Being PUDDING at a con! =D
~ Having a big group go around and glomp!
~ Getting broke from the dealers room! Eheh. ^.^;;
~ The AMV`s Rocked!!!
~ Seein` all the other awesome cosplayers!
~ Finding a Zakuro and a Blue Knight! (We Love you!!)
~ Getting lotsa attention!
~ Singin` in the Karaoke competition!
~ Competing in the Masquerade!
~ Winning an award for bein` cute in Karaoke!
~ Winning Best Youth!

I could go on forever!! I loved this con!
Mew_Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2004, 09:39 PM   #15
small_lady
WARK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikura
Some of my favorite things.Getting to cuddle and pet a very large plushie grunty that was owned by small_lady.Saying hi and asking her if she wants to get high(i know illegal activity but i was not serious..i do not advise doing this).Trying to molest kaine_maxwell in a yaoi fashion.lol.Plus getting to hang with kaine_maxwell for awhile.Having different types of fun with seiya and shawn.Plus seeing lots of people from cosplay.com and saying hi.
Weird I don't remember you asking if I wanted drugs..... ok other then people wanting to pet my gunty i had fun staying up with shini and bunny and everyone else on sat and finally meeting subaru25 was cool i will have my ax for next con ^.^
small_lady is offline   Reply With Quote