Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Vegas

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-16-2004, 08:17 AM   #46
Ganguro
I look good in fishnets!

is that a security issue? i wonder why not?
Maybe.. 'll war my "tourist" costume ^_^

Actually i was seriously considering Faust from GGX.. but I might have to settle for some anime themed normal clothes because of time constraints
Ganguro is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-16-2004, 12:38 PM   #47
Lady Saya
Smile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenshi
I would email them, but I believe costumes are only allowed there when they turn it into the Scream Dome, or whatever it's called around Halloween.
Aww...Too bad. I wish the con was around Halloween.

//Planned Cosplays//
::Mari Illustrious Makinami [Evangelion]::
Lady Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2004, 05:38 AM   #48
anime_firelight

I'm going as a Rinoa and It's my first time cosplaying. Since this is the first AniCon in Vegas... How big do you guys think this con's gonna be? I'm quite anxious to go to my first ever con. Could I possibly glomp (more like hug... rather than fiercely assault) any of you? lol
anime_firelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2004, 05:50 AM   #49
Lisa Honeychan
Lovely Warrior

Well, I know for SURE you can wear costumes at the Hilton's Star Trek Expierience. I've done it before, and well..We all in costune wierded-out the "local Ferengi" that was employed to amuse the mundanes while eating at Quark's Bar. Good memories there!

Hmmm..The more I look at their web-site, the more i'm expecting this to be a SMALL con. They don't have a large dealer's room, and only one video-showing room, but I know all cons have to start somewhere! I'm hoping to go for a few hours, early Saturday, and maybe back on Monday.

Be forwarned: I'm more than likely NOT going to be cosplaying. No real desire for it. Plus, this heat! YUCK, it makes me not want to even think about it. ^_^
Lisa Honeychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2004, 12:16 PM   #50
Tenshi
Needs more sparkles

It's perfectly ok to glomp people as long as you ask their permission first ^^. You risk offending someone or possibly breaking their costume if you don't ask first.

And yeah, it's definitely going to be small. Just like Lisa said, we all have to start somewhere. But I have a few updates to make to the site today that should make everyone happy! ^^

Next Up:Mad Hatter Tamaki (Ouran Host Club), Tuxedo Mask (Sera Myu) and Kaitou Sinbad (Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne)
I declare this The Year of Making Epic Jackets
Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2004, 01:46 PM   #51
StabbityBlkMage
I eat emo kids.

I don't mind if it's a small con. It's actually more fun that way. I just need A/C.... I'm not made for desert heat.

Blogspot- Step by Step tutorials!
Facebook
Twitter - Day to day WIP!
Deviantart
StabbityBlkMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2004, 09:25 PM   #52
anime_firelight

Yeah... it's gonna be hot in vegas. But don't worry too much about the heat. You'll be indoors ^-^ and A/C is very popular in the desert. Since it's the first con... I guess it'll be small... but that's OK. I'm not really the type to just pounce on a stranger =3 and of course I'll ask first ^.~.
anime_firelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2004, 03:09 AM   #53
jinnai
Hidden Sound Ninja Bling

actually, the temp has gone down a bit.....to the low/mid 90's

Berries and Cream! LOL.
jinnai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2004, 11:55 AM   #54
Lady Saya
Smile?

Yeah...It'll probably won't be as hot as it was.That's a good thing,cause I can come out of my house now!!

//Planned Cosplays//
Unread 08-27-2004, 06:11 PM   #55
jinnai
Hidden Sound Ninja Bling

Ok, so whos going to help setup on friday the 3rd?

Berries and Cream! LOL.
jinnai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2004, 11:25 PM   #56
rcstott

Anime Vegas Convention is one week away!

Howdy!

Yes the convention is one week away and I have a few updates for you.

Volunteers (or anyone that wants to help with the con) can arrive on Friday anytime after 3:00 PM. I will have a little work for you to do (not too much). The dealers will be coming in to set up and we can help them bring in their merchandise. I will need some help setting up my equipment and stuffing registration bags (Central Park Media sent us out 300 bags, say thanks to Steve Mita at CPM). So just stop by the Cashman Center (north meeting rooms) on Sept. 3rd after 3:00 PM.

All of the Guest have now confirmed, so check out who is coming at www.animevegas.com/guest.html .

Saturday will be the best day as (the schedule is not yet out but I should get it posted to the site tomorrow) the guests scheduled for that day are:

The "Case Closed" actors (FUNimation) are scheduled from Noon to 3:00.
The "Consumed", "Building 12", "Misfile" artists (Eigomanga) group plus Jonathan C. Osbourne (voice actor, man of 1000 deaths) in from 3:30 PM to 6:00 PM (in the dealers room).

Over in the Screening Room, The Big Cartoon Show from Cartoon Mogul is on from 4:00 to 5:30 PM, followed by our Cosplay Fashion Show (Thanks Robert and Heather), from 6:00 until Close.

On Sunday, Our Guest in the Dealers Room are from ADV (Samantha), 4 Kids (Megan) and Rightstuf (Rich, no not me) from Noon to 3:00 PM.

Then at 5:00 the AMV Exibition is in the Screening room followed by a short Panel, (Thanks to Chris) until closing time at 6:00 PM

Monday we get to catch a little sleep, but be close to the Dealer's room at noon as Adam Van Wyk (Teen Titans Animation Story Artist), will be here sketching and signing from Noon to 2:00 PM. At 4:00 we close, call it a weekend and start looking to 2005!

Speaking of the 2005 show, I have been busy working on it too, and here are a few scribbles to tempt you into coming back for next year's even larger event.

I have pencilled in the exhibit hall for the 25 to 50 dealers, plus room for artists, guests, art shows, auctions, and whatever else we might want to think up (about 50,000 sq. ft. of room). I have it as a two day con, Saturday and Sunday right now, pending on the turn out this year.

I am also and holding all the meeting rooms for panels, screenings and what ever else. I thought an Anime Swap Meet would be fun too (bring something anime to trade, maybe do this on Friday in one of the meeting rooms). The Theatre is available as well for Cos-play and/or concerts.

I am looking at the Badges and thought the flip side is a good place for 25 to 50 round circles for stamps from the dealers. One stamp from each dealer you purchase an item from. Once the badge is full you bring it to the Redemption area and pull a lottery ball. The lottery ball is good for a prize from DVDs, Manga, CDs, Art, Figures, Toys, and anything else Anime related. Once you get all 25 or 50 dealers to stamp it, and get your lottery ball and cash it in for a prize we stamp "WINNER" on the front of the badge. Sound like fun? We have a year to plan.

So for all those interested in next year too, start emailing in ideas and comments after the convention, so we can make next year's event even better!

Thanks,

(long winded) Rich
rcstott is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2004, 01:22 AM   #57
StabbityBlkMage
I eat emo kids.

I'm arriving on friday at (hopefully) 4pm. I'm not taking my own car because I can't fit everyone in it. I'll try to come if I can.... what's the latest you'll need people really?

Also, I've neglected to send in my papers for my badge. I can just pick it up at con right?....right? *poke*

Feh, I'll send it in tomorrow (Saturday)

Excited,
N.D Wolfwood

Blogspot- Step by Step tutorials!
Facebook
Twitter - Day to day WIP!
Deviantart
StabbityBlkMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2004, 04:09 PM   #58
Lady Saya
Smile?

I dunno what time my friend and I will show up.Probably really early.I can't control my excitement for the con!Whoo!!

//Planned Cosplays//
Unread 08-31-2004, 12:39 AM   #59
Tenshi
Needs more sparkles

Hey everyone, be sure to watch Kool Kollectables' TV show this Saturday morning! It's at 6:30 AM on UPN. My boyfriend and I appeared on the show to advertise Anime Vegas, and we're dressed up as Rosette and Chrno. I'll probably look like a big fat geek but it's my 15 minutes of fame! XD

Next Up:Mad Hatter Tamaki (Ouran Host Club), Tuxedo Mask (Sera Myu) and Kaitou Sinbad (Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne)
I declare this The Year of Making Epic Jackets
Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2004, 05:08 AM   #60
Shiya Wind
Devoted Affection

Going to Anime Vegas will be my bday gift X33 Can't wait. This will be my second time cosplaying. I just hope I get a costume done in time. Can't wait X3!!
Shiya Wind is offline   Reply With Quote