Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Vegas

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-05-2004, 01:23 AM   #76
rcstott

WOW! I was totally impressed with todays turnout. I will see everyone tomorrow.

Thanks,

Rich
rcstott is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-05-2004, 09:37 AM   #77
jinnai
Hidden Sound Ninja Bling

Hey Ganguro, your Naruto game was a HIT!

Pretty awesome to fill up the far back of the dealers room with so many attendees lol

Berries and Cream! LOL.
jinnai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2004, 11:13 PM   #78
jinnai
Hidden Sound Ninja Bling

Another great day! Thanks to all those who were at our anime.meetup.com booth!

Berries and Cream! LOL.
Unread 09-06-2004, 03:00 AM   #79
Lisa Honeychan
Lovely Warrior

I came to the con on Sunday, about 1:30. Suprised by the good turnout, but boy...Did I feel OLD when I got there. There was about 1/2 the Vegas teenage population it seemed at it!

Was pissed about one dealer (when you walked in, he was on the right-hand side, selling One Piece plushies) trying to gouge prices on Hong Kong bootleg CD's. Sorry, but i've bought more than my share of them to know NOBODY sells them for $30!! Try 10-12$, tops. I hope nobody bought from him, really. His plushies, the small UFO catcher dolls, for $20?? No way, Jose.

Other than that, I had a decent time, and will be looking forwards to next year's event. Might even want to volunteer for a day, in the video room.

Kudos go out, Vegas FINALLY has an anime con! *cheers*

Lisa Honeychan
Lisa Honeychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2004, 03:18 AM   #80
KinipelaMalia
Anime - Cosplay Mommy!

I went to the Con Saturday afternoon...it was a good turn out and it was my first CON!!! I took my son with me too, I dressed him in this CUTE kung fu outfit I had bought my nephew when he was a year old...and when I added the touch of a Luna hat I just have to say I WISH I HAD MY CAMERA!!!!! I'm hoping someone took a picture of him cause we didnt stay tooo long...he was getting fussy....but I loved being at my first CON and sharing it with my son VERY MUCH!!!!!
Unread 09-06-2004, 07:59 AM   #81
Ganguro
I look good in fishnets!

Glad you guys/ gals enjoyed con.. Tomorrow will proally be a slow day being the last day.. but feel free to stop by... We've had CRAZY attendance.. like about 5X the expected turnout.. so that was good.. I know Rich is happy..
We're already talking about next year, and trying to keep it as cheap as possible for kids and attendees.. So.. Thank you again for comming out!

As far as dealer prices go.. what is a Con without price gouging?.. I mean, they've got ya by the short and curlies there...

Actually the CD's i bought from him were 2 for 25 and 4 pins for 10 bucks.. i also bought a UFO for 25, but it was pretty big.. not the smaller ones so maybe he lowered his prices sometime yesterday...

Anywho.. next year.. more dealers, hopefully lower prices.. more selection.
If you really want a good deal for your money.. PLEASE PLEASE Support Hoteiya Las Vegas. They have great region 2 DVDs that seem pricey, but are actually cheaper than they sell in Japan by about 30%. They also have some CUTE shirts for 15 bucks.. and they carry XXXtra large sizes for fatties like me ^__^. Here's a link to their webstore just in case you cant make it tomorrow...today....whatever... http://www.hoteiyalv.com/

On a somewhat unrelated con note.. there is a Manga/ Anime store oin MEadows mall named Otaku Nation, Next to Waldenbooks and MACY'S on the second floor that is struggling to stay open. Stop by and lend a few bucks, or swipe of the credit card to help em out! Last time i was there, it was buy 4 get one free!
Ganguro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2004, 02:20 PM   #82
Lady Saya
Smile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinipelaMalia
I went to the Con Saturday afternoon...it was a good turn out and it was my first CON!!! I took my son with me too, I dressed him in this CUTE kung fu outfit I had bought my nephew when he was a year old...and when I added the touch of a Luna hat I just have to say I WISH I HAD MY CAMERA!!!!! I'm hoping someone took a picture of him cause we didnt stay tooo long...he was getting fussy....but I loved being at my first CON and sharing it with my son VERY MUCH!!!!!
I saw you and your son.He was adorable in the Luna hat.I didn't take a piccy though,even though I kept bugging my mom to take pic after pic.I feel guilty for doing that.

//Planned Cosplays//
::Mari Illustrious Makinami [Evangelion]::
Lady Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2004, 06:53 PM   #83
KinipelaMalia
Anime - Cosplay Mommy!

Yea! I remember you! I loved your Kari outfit! I have been planning sooooo long to buy Kingdom hearts but i just cant yet. Dont worry about the picture we'll be there next year ^_^
Unread 09-06-2004, 06:55 PM   #84
Lady Saya
Smile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinipelaMalia
Yea! I remember you! I loved your Kari outfit! I have been planning sooooo long to buy Kingdom hearts but i just cant yet. Dont worry about the picture we'll be there next year ^_^
Aww thank you!Too bad I'll be moving this or next year.I'm not sure if I'll be there next year. T_T

//Planned Cosplays//
::Mari Illustrious Makinami [Evangelion]::
Lady Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2004, 07:49 PM   #85
Tenshi
Needs more sparkles

Thanks to everyone for a great con! We couldn't have asked for things to run any smoother!

The costume contest had an AMAZING turnout. I was expecting no more than 20. . .and got over 30 entries! Everyone did a wonderful job ad-libbing on stage ^_^. I'm also happy to say that we finished 15 minutes BEFORE schedule! Thank you so much to all of the cosplayers!

And a BIG thank you to Tristen Citrine and Claire Rose, our super surprise judges!

I will have lots of pictures and a list of all the winners within the next week. . .but I'm far too tired to work on all that now *zzzzzz*

Next Up:Mad Hatter Tamaki (Ouran Host Club), Tuxedo Mask (Sera Myu) and Kaitou Sinbad (Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne)
I declare this The Year of Making Epic Jackets
Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2004, 10:09 PM   #86
StabbityBlkMage
I eat emo kids.

Hi,

If anyone has pictures of us (Vash & Wolfwood) please send them my way. I kinda don't have any for my gallery.

XOXO,
N.D Wolfwood

Blogspot- Step by Step tutorials!
Facebook
Twitter - Day to day WIP!
Deviantart
StabbityBlkMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2004, 10:38 PM   #87
Tenshi
Needs more sparkles

http://www.interstellar-beams.net/ra...ss/trigun1.jpg
http://www.interstellar-beams.net/ra...ss/trigun2.jpg
http://www.interstellar-beams.net/ra...ss/trigun3.jpg
http://www.interstellar-beams.net/ra...ss/trigun4.jpg

Not the best pics ever, but there are some ^^. I'm sure my friend will have more, and of much better quality (he was the tall blonde guy taking pictures of everything XD).

Next Up:Mad Hatter Tamaki (Ouran Host Club), Tuxedo Mask (Sera Myu) and Kaitou Sinbad (Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne)
I declare this The Year of Making Epic Jackets
Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2004, 12:54 AM   #88
StabbityBlkMage
I eat emo kids.

Hi,

Thanks for the linkage!
I'm assuming he's the one wanting to make that vash suit. Good luck to him on that little project. I had a blast at Anime Vegas. Too bad you didn't anticipate the HUGE show. I mean 200 people? I'm pretty sure there was WAY more than that! I'm pretty sure this con will have no problems growing at an exponential rate. I just hate that security guard that kept telling me to "SHHH" I mean...it's a con...not a library.

Thanks,
N.D Wolfwood

Facebook
Deviantart
Unread 09-07-2004, 04:19 AM   #89
jinnai
Hidden Sound Ninja Bling

That's odd....Nobody told me to "SHHH" when i was DJing! I had the volume on full blast! XD

Berries and Cream! LOL.
Unread 09-07-2004, 02:25 PM   #90
StabbityBlkMage
I eat emo kids.

Yeah,

she only did that nonsense when you were in the halls surrounding the exhibit hall.

I hate her...
N.D Wolfwood

Facebook
Deviantart